$425 MILLION: Powerball jackpot raised again

Aug 6, 2013, 7:52 pm (130 comments)

Powerball

Now 4th-largest cash value in history

By Todd Northrop

Due to larger than expected sales volume, the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) has raised the official Powerball lottery jackpot estimate for Wednesday's drawing to $425 million.

The all-important lump-sum cash value of the jackpot has been raised to $244.7 million — now the 4th-largest cash jackpot ever offered in a United States lottery.

Lottery players seeking to check the winning numbers Wednesday night are urged to use USA Mega (www.usamega.com). State lottery Web sites are normally brought to a standstill during busy periods, while USA Mega normally remains responsive.

Powerball drawing results will be posted immediately after the 10:59 pm drawing at USA Mega. The number of winners and new jackpot will be announced after all participating Powerball states have reported their data, which normally occurs within a couple of hours after the drawing.

Tickets will remain on sale typically until 10:45 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, although players should check with a lottery retailer in their state for the exact sales cutoff time. Players are advised not to wait until the last minute.

The odds of winning the jackpot are approximately 1 in 175 million. The odds of winning any of the Powerball prizes are approximately 1 in 32.

Powerball tickets cost $2 each.

Lottery players can see an after-tax analysis of the current Powerball jackpot by visiting USA Mega's Jackpot Analysis page.

Powerball features nine different prize levels, ranging from $4 all the way up to the jackpot. Players can win even if they just match one number — the Powerball number.

All states except California also offer the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket purchased. The Power Play multiplies any non-jackpot prizes won by a fixed amount, depending on the prize level won.

Players who purchase the Power Play and win second prize will automatically have their prize increased by 2x to $2 million.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

That is Good NewsPartyRoll on PB

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I hope I hit 5 of 6 with or without powerball. I already added the powerplay so it don't matter to me. Goodluck everybody!

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

WTG, I always add the PP, MP also.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Rollin Rollin Rollin  Banana

Keep movin, movin, movin Dance

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 6, 2013

WTG, I always add the PP, MP also.

You sir are not gonna regret it the day your numbers decide to try you. Goodluck!

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 6, 2013

That is Good NewsPartyRoll on PB

Roll Columbia, won't you roll,roll roll,

roll Columbia, won't you roll,roll, roll.

Guitar Drum Party Party

W/apologies to Woody Guthrie. Cool Cheers Wink

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Aug 6, 2013

You sir are not gonna regret it the day your numbers decide to try you. Goodluck!

Goodluck to you as well.

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Aug 6, 2013

I Agree!

Cheers

Party

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Aug 6, 2013

Keep the JPs movin, LMAO Thumbs Up

Masone

I like that picture. Reminds me of how once I win, I'll literally pile my bed with millions and dive and jump in it. Come on, you know you have always wanted to do that.

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

will it move to 450 by the draw tomorrow?

noise-gate

Get a load of this.

or this  choose wisely.

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

like uncle scrooge from duck tails,

Jon D's avatarJon D

Quote: Originally posted by lottoguysocal on Aug 6, 2013

I don't think so. They achieved what they wanted.

The PB modus operandi with large jackpots seems to be:

- be very conservative on the initial estimate

- then on the day before the draw, put up the *real* estimate (to get more buzz and steal MM's thunder)

Remember last time they overshot, they said $600M but ended up being only $590M.

There's more than math going on here, there's also Marketing.

PrinceRene

I'm going to buy more tickets tomorrow.

FrankBurns

If 5 numbers played correct 1 ticket will match 4

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11

-------------------------------------------------------------

01) 01 02 03 08 10 XX

02) 01 02 04 05 08 XX

03) 01 02 06 07 08 XX

04) 01 02 08 09 11 XX

05) 01 03 04 05 10 XX

06) 01 03 06 07 11 XX

07) 01 03 09 10 11 XX

08) 01 04 05 06 07 XX

09) 01 04 05 09 11 XX

10) 01 06 07 09 11 XX

11) 02 03 04 06 09 XX

12) 02 03 04 07 11 XX

13) 02 03 05 06 11 XX

14) 02 03 05 07 09 XX

15) 02 04 06 10 11 XX

16) 02 04 07 09 10 XX

17) 02 05 06 09 10 XX

18) 02 05 07 10 11 XX

19) 03 04 06 08 11 XX

20) 03 04 07 08 09 XX

21) 03 05 06 08 09 XX

22) 03 05 07 08 11 XX

23) 04 06 08 09 10 XX

24) 04 07 08 10 11 XX

25) 05 06 08 10 11 XX

26) 05 07 08 09 10 XX

Hyper

Quote: Originally posted by Masone on Aug 6, 2013

I like that picture. Reminds me of how once I win, I'll literally pile my bed with millions and dive and jump in it. Come on, you know you have always wanted to do that.

Nice keep the Vision Dance

dk1421's avatardk1421

This will help the Money Bin I want to build.  ;-)

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 6, 2013

I don't think so. They achieved what they wanted.

The PB modus operandi with large jackpots seems to be:

- be very conservative on the initial estimate

- then on the day before the draw, put up the *real* estimate (to get more buzz and steal MM's thunder)

Remember last time they overshot, they said $600M but ended up being only $590M.

There's more than math going on here, there's also Marketing.

Agree with your last sentence. I think they raised it to 400mill to spark a frenzy and it worked.

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Aug 6, 2013

Get a load of this.

or this  choose wisely.

the guy looks like he has worried so much about his money he lost all his hairLOL

Granny has my VOTE Yes Nod

redhot7's avatarredhot7

As usual, the lottery mislead us with 425 million jackpot. The best one could get if won is around 147 millions lump sum after taxes.
But of course they won't mention it in their ads.

Quote: Originally posted by redhot7 on Aug 7, 2013

As usual, the lottery mislead us with 425 million jackpot. The best one could get if won is around 147 millions lump sum after taxes.

They can't give away all their secretsLOL

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

like uncle scrooge from duck tails,

and this pot is

scrooge

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

got my 2 tickets.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Sun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun SmileySun Smiley

News story photo

This is what I will wake up to everyday, after  the draw. Man, what a rough life that will be. Everyday will be Xmas  Noel Santauntil I decide to screw it up.

Looks can be deceiving. Granny might actually have more money than Mr Bigstuff. Mr Bigstuff, appears to be counting, some "free" money, from Colombia and Mexico. He looks and smells like the Feds. On the other hand, Granny appears to be a penny pincher. In reality, she might actually have crapload of money, in the bank, screaming-will somebody please use me?  Granny has what she has. Mr. Bigstuff, has drug money. 1 for Granny, Zero for Mr Bigstuff. Granny wins.Hurray!

FrankBurns

If 5 Numbers played correct 1 ticket will match 4 numbers

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

01) 01 02 03 04 05 XX

02) 01 02 03 06 07 XX

03) 01 02 03 06 08 XX

04) 01 02 03 07 08 XX

05) 04 05 06 07 08 XX

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by FrankBurns on Aug 7, 2013

If 5 Numbers played correct 1 ticket will match 4 numbers

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

01) 01 02 03 04 05 XX

02) 01 02 03 06 07 XX

03) 01 02 03 06 08 XX

04) 01 02 03 07 08 XX

05) 04 05 06 07 08 XX

Correct, it called a 4 if 5 of 8 wheel. thanks for posting it.

Wheel:  Pick 5 Abbreviated 4 if 5 of 8

Tickets:  5

Description:  Minimum 4-number match, if 5 numbers drawn fall within your set of 8 numbers.

Input:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

1. 01-02-03-04-05
2. 01-02-03-04-07
3. 01-02-04-05-07
4. 01-02-04-06-08
5. 03-05-06-07-08

https://www.lotterypost.com/wheels-5.asp

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Quote: Originally posted by Masone on Aug 6, 2013

I was noticing the serial numbers on these bills. HI 12876101 A

As mentioned above, the letters correspond to the districts of the Federal Reserve Banking system, here are the letters and the corresponding district:

• A: Boston, MA
  • B: New York, NY
  • C: Philadelphia, PA
  • D: Cleveland, OH
  • E: Richmond, VA
  • F: Atlanta, GA
  • G: Chicago, IL
  • H: St. Louis, MO
  • I: Minneapolis, MN
  • J: Kansas City, MO
  • K: Dallas, TX
  • L: San Francisco, CA
  • So this money was printed in Boston MA, with the letter A at the end of the bill. Wonder how a bank would let them take this picture of this much money? I'll bet there was Guards all around when it was taken! Hope It rolls, just jumped only 25 million! Thought it would go another 100 million jump. California, Florida, Pennsylvania, all the biggest state with the highest population will get the win! But I'm hoping NC will hit this time and it's going to be shared with me. Good Luck everyone!
Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by rock_nc on Aug 7, 2013

I was noticing the serial numbers on these bills. HI 12876101 A

As mentioned above, the letters correspond to the districts of the Federal Reserve Banking system, here are the letters and the corresponding district:

• A: Boston, MA
  • B: New York, NY
  • C: Philadelphia, PA
  • D: Cleveland, OH
  • E: Richmond, VA
  • F: Atlanta, GA
  • G: Chicago, IL
  • H: St. Louis, MO
  • I: Minneapolis, MN
  • J: Kansas City, MO
  • K: Dallas, TX
  • L: San Francisco, CA
  • So this money was printed in Boston MA, with the letter A at the end of the bill. Wonder how a bank would let them take this picture of this much money? I'll bet there was Guards all around when it was taken! Hope It rolls, just jumped only 25 million! Thought it would go another 100 million jump. California, Florida, Pennsylvania, all the biggest state with the highest population will get the win! But I'm hoping NC will hit this time and it's going to be shared with me. Good Luck everyone!

Considering the fact that there is only around $43,000 in the photo, I doubt anyone cared.

Ronnie316

Will another cheater win this time?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Aug 6, 2013

I'm going to buy more tickets tomorrow.

Me too, only tomorrow is now TODAY. 

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by redhot7 on Aug 7, 2013

Good point, I also noticed they don't mention smaller tier prizes on the back of the ticket.

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 7, 2013

$1mil. life changing "loan", to Mindy, has a funny way of creating a paradigm shift in the way people percieve her.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Aug 7, 2013

$1mil. life changing "loan", to Mindy, has a funny way of creating a paradigm shift in the way people percieve her.

My perception has not changed at all.

My perception has not changed at all.

She will just have to pay up, if her lawyers will allow it, but I seriously doubt it.

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Aug 6, 2013

Get a load of this.

or this  choose wisely.

I've seen that women before. She takes those pennys, drops them at the line, and sneaks up front while everyone is picking up her change. Those old folks know all the tricks.

Ronnie316

She will just have to pay up, if her lawyers will allow it, but I seriously doubt it.

She is not going to "pay up" anything. And she wont be able to buy a clear conscience by giving a loan.

She is not going to "pay up" anything. And she wont be able to buy a clear conscience by giving a loan.

Henceforth, cheater of the century!!!

Ronnie316

Henceforth, cheater of the century!!!

Exactly, and I think her photo will become synonymous with cheating because she did not share.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

c'mon ron! now if this was your granny that won that money, would you still call her a cheater? The woman who let her step in front of her was being courteous don't you think? Granny was just the Lucky winner is all it amounts too!! Don't you think! Lets give her the benefit of the doubt! hmmm Ron.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

5 states don't play the lottery, Wyoming will join next year then it will be 4 states that don't play! Why are the other states not joining the lottery to make it Usa wide!

5 states don't play the lottery, Wyoming will join next year then it will be 4 states that don't play! Why are the other states not joining the lottery to make it Usa wide!

I bet those states have spent millions of $$$ in other states with lottery. Money that could have been used locally to support their infrastructures. Kind of dumb.

Jon D's avatarJon D

You're missing a couple states there...

Jon D's avatarJon D

Yep. Her time is running out, pay up or pay he piper. And giving a loan to someone is worse than giving nothing.

Ronnie316

c'mon ron! now if this was your granny that won that money, would you still call her a cheater? The woman who let her step in front of her was being courteous don't you think? Granny was just the Lucky winner is all it amounts too!! Don't you think! Lets give her the benefit of the doubt! hmmm Ron.

Here is the thing rock, this lady deliberately cut in line. Mindy's daughter noticed it, and the clerk asked her to take her rightful place in line. At the lottery office she aired her guilty conscience by saying "someone gave me there place in line, and that's how I won". Giving half to Mindy, and splitting the other half with her son would have solved the moral dilemma and she could have lived happily ever after, without the guilt and shame.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 7, 2013

Yep. Her time is running out, pay up or pay he piper. And giving a loan to someone is worse than giving nothing.

I Agree! She just pronounced herself GUILTY by doing that....... Yes Nod

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Here is the thing rock, this lady deliberately cut in line. Mindy's daughter noticed it, and the clerk asked her to take her rightful place in line. At the lottery office she aired her guilty conscience by saying "someone gave me there place in line, and that's how I won". Giving half to Mindy, and splitting the other half with her son would have solved the moral dilemma and she could have lived happily ever after, without the guilt and shame.

So the clerk ask Mindy to get back ahead of Granny since Granny step in front of her? Mindy didn't do it! So who's at fault for not getting back in front if the clerk said she could. Then granny should have ask Mindy to go ahead because she did step out of line. But all that didn't happen! The outcome was grannys the winner! But Granny didn't know she was going to be the winner either! Like me, I played too! But it was not me the winner either. But sharing half of the pot because granny said someone gave me their place in line, don't deserve half of the pot! Maybe 5 million would be generous enough! I know I would be happy with an offer of 5 million any day for letting an old lady step in front of me for being nice. You think granny is having guilt and shame because of this happening! 84 years old, winning all that money! I would not think she is feeling guilt or shameful about now!

Ronnie316

So the clerk ask Mindy to get back ahead of Granny since Granny step in front of her? Mindy didn't do it! So who's at fault for not getting back in front if the clerk said she could. Then granny should have ask Mindy to go ahead because she did step out of line. But all that didn't happen! The outcome was grannys the winner! But Granny didn't know she was going to be the winner either! Like me, I played too! But it was not me the winner either. But sharing half of the pot because granny said someone gave me their place in line, don't deserve half of the pot! Maybe 5 million would be generous enough! I know I would be happy with an offer of 5 million any day for letting an old lady step in front of me for being nice. You think granny is having guilt and shame because of this happening! 84 years old, winning all that money! I would not think she is feeling guilt or shameful about now!

But she is feeling guilty and shame which is evidenced by her actions. She could have followed the clerks instructions regardless of what Mindy was saying, but she chose not to which means she was intentionally stealing Mindy's place in line. So she can pay now or pay later, but she will have to pay.

Ronnie316

Ronnie316

Happy to see all the winners have checked in.............

$425 MILLION: Powerball jackpot raised again

6 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
helpmewin 5 stars
tnlotto1 5 stars
THRIFTY 5 stars
PrinceRene 5 stars
hearsetrax 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars

how much BIGGER will it get What?

Sleep she can't hear you

Jon D's avatarJon D

Happy to see all the winners have checked in.............

$425 MILLION: Powerball jackpot raised again

6 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
helpmewin 5 stars
tnlotto1 5 stars
THRIFTY 5 stars
PrinceRene 5 stars
hearsetrax 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars

I added myself. Already copied your numbersNaughty

Ronnie316

I added myself. Already copied your numbersNaughty

Awesome. Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 7, 2013

Sleep she can't hear you

See Ya! Off to drive the work horses. Have a great day.

veganlife125's avatarveganlife125

I think the bigger story is that 50 something year old home body son of hers that lives at home and had the look of never having been on a date.   Can you even imagine the number of gold digging gals throwing themselves at that dude trying to get into the money?   I bet those gal's look like a pack of dogs been put in a cage without feeding for a month and then throw a meat bone inside?  total chaos!LOL

Jon D's avatarJon D

Quote: Originally posted by veganlife125 on Aug 7, 2013

I think the bigger story is that 50 something year old home body son of hers that lives at home and had the look of never having been on a date.   Can you even imagine the number of gold digging gals throwing themselves at that dude trying to get into the money?   I bet those gal's look like a pack of dogs been put in a cage without feeding for a month and then throw a meat bone inside?  total chaos!LOL

Uummm...you missed the full story. Scottie bats for the other team...

Uummm...you missed the full story. Scottie bats for the other team...

lol i stand corrected!  Well maybe i was right that he had never been on a date with a woman!

That's not gonna happen. Sonny boy, is actually a bone smoker, and that has nothing to do, with cigars and lighters.

Jon D's avatarJon D

lol i stand corrected!  Well maybe i was right that he had never been on a date with a woman!

Sorry, you're 0 for 2. Wink

From the article I linked to, it's because of Scott's ex-wife  Ella being a blabbermouth to the press, that we know more than we ever needed or wanted to know about the Mackenzie clan.

Sorry, you're 0 for 2. Wink

From the article I linked to, it's because of Scott's ex-wife  Ella being a blabbermouth to the press, that we know more than we ever needed or wanted to know about the Mackenzie clan.

Jerry needs to pop the question quick because the male revue boys will be coming after Scott.  haha.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday! What a wonderful present this win would be! No more work for her in a textile plant! 54 years old, been married for 33 years this past June. We didn't go any where for our Anniversary, Will be playing 6 dollars tonight. Just hope my 2 picks and 1 quick pick will be the numbers we need to win it! If 5 numbers would win for me, that will suit me just fine! Good Luck to all of you!!

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Hope it rolls!

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday! What a wonderful present this win would be! No more work for her in a textile plant! 54 years old, been married for 33 years this past June. We didn't go any where for our Anniversary, Will be playing 6 dollars tonight. Just hope my 2 picks and 1 quick pick will be the numbers we need to win it! If 5 numbers would win for me, that will suit me just fine! Good Luck to all of you!!

Good luck to you rock. Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes, monster jackpots have an uncanny way, of bringing out the monsters, in all of us, and destabilizing rock{no pun intended} solid alliances. Say happy birthday to wifey.Love.

Happy Birthday to your wife rock_nc Party

happygirl665's avatarhappygirl665

I got twenty tickets and planning on being a millionaire tonight!

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by happygirl665 on Aug 7, 2013

I got twenty tickets and planning on being a millionaire tonight!

and thanks for your kind donation Razz to my powerball jackpot win

FrankBurns

I just Donated $24 to your FundWink

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Well you and your wife have my vote to win also! Sometimes nice people win.

BBLL's avatarBBLL

How much will it be if it the jackpot rolls?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Aug 7, 2013

Good question. I been wonerin that myself. I went up $125 million this go round and a Friday payday will help push it up at least that plus a bunch.

Seanzee

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Aug 7, 2013

Initial estimate is $600 million annuity, $345.4 million cash.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Seanzee on Aug 7, 2013

$175 million jump sounds about right..... Maybe $200 million, pushing it to $625 million?

Ronnie316

I hope you have a real nice calibration regardless of what the lottery does. I recommend BobbyQ for prime rib and Texas Roadhouse for a really good Rib eye. 

Ronnie316

Oh...... That's right, your not from Phoenix. Green laugh

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Aug 7, 2013

Hope it rolls!

Let the good times roll. Yes Nod

Ronnie316

Heads up everyone. We have a pool going where everyone buys the same lines.......

We have 3 states represented so far. 

PowerballTicket2

Jon D's avatarJon D

Heads up everyone. We have a pool going where everyone buys the same lines.......

PowerballTicket2

Errmmm...except only 1 can be from California, since we are pari-mutuel prizes, any dupes are just diminishing returns. Sorry. Only can be 1, mine! Smash

Ronnie316

Errmmm...except only 1 can be from California, since we are pari-mutuel prizes, any dupes are just diminishing returns. Sorry. Only can be 1, mine! Smash

My hypothesis is that when enough people believe and play the lines they will win. Thumbs Up

Not so many people have run out to buy the lines so far, so I think yours are safe from delusion. Green laugh

Jon D's avatarJon D

My hypothesis is that when enough people believe and play the lines they will win. Thumbs Up

Not so many people have run out to buy the lines so far, so I think yours are safe from delusion. Green laugh

Yeah, you're right.

To hell with the lower prizes, we're goin for the JP!

Splitting the JP among 10-50 LP members would be cool! Smash

Ronnie316

Yeah, you're right.

To hell with the lower prizes, we're goin for the JP!

Splitting the JP among 10-50 LP members would be cool! Smash

I have received harsh criticism for that philosophy from the Stooges who think they can get "EV" playing the lottery. Green laugh Their theory is to play unpopular numbers so that if they win they will NOT have to share with anyone....... I thought they just sounded stingy LOL I would rather win and share it than not win at all.

Ronnie316

I have given a lot of thought as to how the lottery's could go about offering a "pool" option on play slips.

Ronnie316

Member Logon -  Today, 4:32:58 pm -  psykomo

I declare psykomo as D biggest winner of D lottery of all Time.

DisplacedLurker

Quote: Originally posted by Seanzee on Aug 7, 2013

Curious, but where did you come up with this figure? Is there a website that you follow or is that just a guess? That was what I was guessing too.

Does anybody else think there might be a good chance at a roll with this run? When I went in line to get a ticket, there was no one there until roughly after I bought, then there was a handful of people. This jackpot is not nearly as hyped up as the couple world breaking ones like last year.

That being said, my numbers don't look too shabby. Splurged and got one ticket. Wink I actually bought two for Florida Lotto instead, lol! Good luck to everyone playing! Lep

Jon D's avatarJon D

I have received harsh criticism for that philosophy from the Stooges who think they can get "EV" playing the lottery. Green laugh Their theory is to play unpopular numbers so that if they win they will NOT have to share with anyone....... I thought they just sounded stingy LOL I would rather win and share it than not win at all.

I have received harsh criticism for that philosophy from the Stooges who think they can get "EV" playing the lottery.

Oh man, don't get me started on "EV" and large jackpots. Any time I see some so called mathemetician expert on TV talking about a large jackpot and saying it is a good buy because of positive EV, I just want to smack them upside the head! That's my pet peeve.

They might know theoretical, but they don't understand gambling and the practicality of long odds jackpot games. EV has no place here. Casino table games and Sports book, OK, but not MM and PB.

(end rant)

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by DisplacedLurker on Aug 7, 2013

Curious, but where did you come up with this figure? Is there a website that you follow or is that just a guess? That was what I was guessing too.

Does anybody else think there might be a good chance at a roll with this run? When I went in line to get a ticket, there was no one there until roughly after I bought, then there was a handful of people. This jackpot is not nearly as hyped up as the couple world breaking ones like last year.

That being said, my numbers don't look too shabby. Splurged and got one ticket. Wink I actually bought two for Florida Lotto instead, lol! Good luck to everyone playing! Lep

Maybe it had something to do with what Chuch Strutt had to say?

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/264588

Ronnie316

I have received harsh criticism for that philosophy from the Stooges who think they can get "EV" playing the lottery.

Oh man, don't get me started on "EV" and large jackpots. Any time I see some so called mathemetician expert on TV talking about a large jackpot and saying it is a good buy because of positive EV, I just want to smack them upside the head! That's my pet peeve.

They might know theoretical, but they don't understand gambling and the practicality of long odds jackpot games. EV has no place here. Casino table games and Sports book, OK, but not MM and PB.

(end rant)

Green laugh I suppose its good that Boney has been silent of late. He had us lottery players pulling our hair out for months on end with his philosophical tales of woe and openly admitted that he is NOT a regular player.

DisplacedLurker

Maybe it had something to do with what Chuch Strutt had to say?

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/264588

Well, that would be an indicator, no doubt, ha ha. I was just wondering if the poster found that specific number elsewhere rather than speculation, but it very well could be set that high once Saturday comes around.

Seanzee

Quote: Originally posted by DisplacedLurker on Aug 7, 2013

Well, that would be an indicator, no doubt, ha ha. I was just wondering if the poster found that specific number elsewhere rather than speculation, but it very well could be set that high once Saturday comes around.

I never guess....it's all about the maths Wink

The Texas Lottery publishes official jackpot estimate documents.

Jon D's avatarJon D

I posted this graph in another thread but here is an updated one:

PowerballRuns2

Previous record run denoted by (G) for Gloria.

Projected Sales for current $425M PB draw are $225M. The next PB JP is projected to be $696M even with very conservative $500M projected sales. The previous two record PB runs of ~$590M had sales of $460M and $560M. And the record $656M MM run had sales of $650M, so we know the capacity is there. After that, will jackpot fatigue set in? It's in uncharted territory after that.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

LP member's:

CAN "U">>>>>>REALLY MANAGE a $425 MILLION JP?

......."R" will "D">"JP" realy manage>$U$>???????????

"R"?? will $U$ & UR friend'$$$$$$$$$

LAND's END^^^^^^^^UP on "D" AMERICAN GREED?

Thinking of...Jack-in-the-BoxThinking of... 

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Aug 7, 2013

LP member's:

I want the chance to handle D jackpot my friend. 

Ronnie316

Nice work everyone. Have a great night. Sleep

FrankBurns

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Aug 7, 2013

LP member's:

Sum Ting Wong

Wi Tu lo

Ho Le Fuk

Ban Ching Ow

Jon D's avatarJon D

Does anybody else think there might be a good chance at a roll with this run?

You can see the rollover probability (no winner) with the graph below:

PowerballProbabilities

Currently, we are just below the threshold to have a winner,(120M tickets) and a roll is more likely.(53%) But this is all just meaningless statistics. A winner can and has happened on any PB draw. Ask me what's gonna happen in a couple hours? I have no freakin' idea...

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Sum Ting Wong

Wi Tu lo

Ho Le Fuk

Ban Ching Ow

LP member'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FrankBurns:

AKA>>"BURN BABY BURN">>go down in style"FLAME$"

is UR> "typical money manager">American Greed>>!!!

(but)> "hire FrankBurns">>go down UR style"flame$"!!

Sum Psyko Say:

BI LO

Sel HI

PartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Finally gave in and bought one ticket.   At this moment each of us owns the winning ticket.   Good luck!

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by zinniagirl on Aug 7, 2013

Finally gave in and bought one ticket.   At this moment each of us owns the winning ticket.   Good luck!

I was thinking the same thing, good luck to you as well.

FrankBurns

I want to see 1000  5 out of 5 Winners=

1000 >>>1,000,000 WINNERS !!!! HAHAHAHAHA

gogidolim

Sum Ting Wong

Wi Tu lo

Ho Le Fuk

Ban Ching Ow

The demographics of core lottery players....Hmm...

FrankBurns

Ah>>Soh

Six balls

I posted this graph in another thread but here is an updated one:

PowerballRuns2

Previous record run denoted by (G) for Gloria.

Projected Sales for current $425M PB draw are $225M. The next PB JP is projected to be $696M even with very conservative $500M projected sales. The previous two record PB runs of ~$590M had sales of $460M and $560M. And the record $656M MM run had sales of $650M, so we know the capacity is there. After that, will jackpot fatigue set in? It's in uncharted territory after that.

Glad to see you posted, Jon - I was trying to remember where I saw your graph and drawing a blank. If it rolls, the Saturday estimate is crazy - that Primm store all the Vegas people go to would be absolutely packed.

Maybe it'll even be CA's first PB JP! Dance Little over an hour to go, good luck to everyone! 

(Okay, trying this again - the internet gnomes seem to have it in for me...)

FrankBurns

We Need the technical annalyists to come in and comfort us>>>Hello

IamTheWinner

I am ready to win $425 millions.

Quote: Originally posted by zinniagirl on Aug 7, 2013

Thumbs Up Good luck to you as well zinniagirl.

FrankBurns

I am glad no one has been cathardic yet>>> not Drunk Enough>>> HAHAHAHA

sookie's avatarsookie

Good luck to everyone :)

lejardin's avatarlejardin

PowerballTicket2

I went to buy two more tickets and one with your numbers, unfortunately i was ten minutes too late!  Either way count me in as no. 4.

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Sweet dreams...Sleep

Good night and good luck!

DisplacedLurker

Thanks to Seanzee and Jon D for sharing their resources with us! Anyway, draw is mere minutes away! Good luck to everyone! <3

emerald64's avataremerald64

what time is the drawing / i think its 11:20pm ?  or is it 11:00pm .. ?? 

I did not win anything Sad Cheers so I will drink to that loss

New York's avatarNew York

So, did anyone win tonight?

Toronto

This is def going to break the jackpot record if it rolls over. $448.4 million this drawing

Toronto

Quote: Originally posted by New York on Aug 7, 2013

So, did anyone win tonight?

Usually won't know till 12:20-1+ a.m.

New York's avatarNew York

Quote: Originally posted by Toronto on Aug 7, 2013

Usually won't know till 12:20-1+ a.m.

Hope it rolls so I can have another chance to win that Jackpot.

Thanks for the quick info!

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Wasn't my turn to win tonight...:(

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

I guess I will have to be satisfied with the $30 I won on a $3 scratsh-off.

Toronto

3 winners 2 in jersey

Jon D's avatarJon D

New Jersey again!

...and Minnesota!

gocart1's avatargocart1

Ol well...Guess i have to go to work in the  A.M.

Pedro Quezada opened the floodgates for NJ powerball hits. Today 2 more from NJ and 1 from MN. Thanks a lot Pedro Unhappy

Jon D's avatarJon D

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Aug 8, 2013

Ol well...Guess i have to go to work in the  A.M.

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 8, 2013

New Jersey again!

...and Minnesota!

Do those 9 ca second place winners each get 289k.   Nice Grumpy cat.

peppy007

They sure do. And I won a whopping $4 for getting the pb. I actually lost $2 since I spent $6 to win $4 lol.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

I hope you have a real nice calibration regardless of what the lottery does. I recommend BobbyQ for prime rib and Texas Roadhouse for a really good Rib eye. 

Thanks Ron for the Birthday wishes!! Will let her know when she gets up today! Night shift is a Bitch on a body, 12 hours a night! I was hoping for at least a 5 number win! But not this time! Maybe on Saturday night, will be the one I will win some money back!! Have a great day Ron!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 8, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Jon D's avatarJon D

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Aug 18, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thumbs Up

jamella724

Me too! The picture is really inspiring! :) I hope that will be my money soon. I wonder how it feels if you have $425 million in your hand. To know that I need to purchase tickets now! :)

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story