Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions needs to be Re-Branded

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Think.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
Member #415
June 22, 2002
418 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2013, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

It's garbage and I'm done playing it.  Powerball for the most part always has a bigger jackpot and increases much faster.

I'd like to see Mega Millions be transformed into a monthly raffle.  I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me. 

From a business viewpoint, I think Powerball and Mega Millions could both generate more revenue if they were a bit more creative. 

Agree, disagree, or hate me...discuss.

Marana AZ
    United States
    Member #145341
    August 3, 2013
    179 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

You want a game with much lower odds of winning? Like 1:1,000,000,000?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

It's garbage and I'm done playing it.  Powerball for the most part always has a bigger jackpot and increases much faster.

I'd like to see Mega Millions be transformed into a monthly raffle.  I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me. 

From a business viewpoint, I think Powerball and Mega Millions could both generate more revenue if they were a bit more creative. 

I ♥ raffles. The odds are unbeatable. I do better on raffles.

PA Lottery July 4  Millionaire Raffle.

Millionaire Raffle Lottery Prizes and Odds

500,000 Millionaire Raffle tickets will be sold @ $20

Prize LevelsNumber of PrizesPrizeOdds
      Top Prize4$1,000,0001:125,000
      Second Prize4$100,0001:125,000
      Third Prize100$1,0001:5,000
      Fourth Prize5,892$1001:84.86
      Totals6,000$5,089,2001:83.33

If your idea EZMoney was to become reality, I would never bother playing Cash 5 or other games. I mean look at those odds of walking away with $1M.

VA & PA have the best raffles. I hope I'll get some tickets during their end of year raffles that have almost similar odds.

That money's gone fo ever

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
        Connecticut
        United States
        Member #61623
        May 29, 2008
        20581 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I wish they would just cut the chit and just merge for one massive JP and get it over with.To hell with all this tweaking prizes and ball reductions/additions.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2013, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I prefer MM the way it is now as opposed to the way it's gonna be.

I'll be playing less when they change it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10391 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

EZMoney,

"High rollers" aren't the target market of lotteries. The whole idea is "A dollar and a dream" (although it's gearing towards $2).

Not jackpot games, but what are now legal state Pick 3's started in the inner cities as a game called "policy" and the bet was 5 cents. For many it was the working slob's 'only hope' of geting out of the 'trap', which now holds true for lotteries.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Hmm.. what to call It....

Ya can't win this one !

I dare ya to try this !

A misspent dollar and an Impossible dream !

We know ya won't play until the JP Is double PB, we hope that does'nt take long !  Naw that's to long.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

EEEHHHh just throw a dollar at it every now and again and see what if anything comes back at you...that's how I play...I mean it's just a dollar

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3460 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Florida Lotto has the biggest jackpot in the country at $51 million for Wednesday night.

A Dollar and A Dream!

Guess Who's Back?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6305 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Same here Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4145 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2013, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

What l was thinking about EZMoney was " where have you been for 5 years?" cause you were last heard of in 08 until this year. l am curious.

Just asking.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                        Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #35086
                        March 12, 2006
                        10374 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2013, 4:07 am - IP Logged

I    agree    Ridge      (  I  will  only  play  a   dollar   once  in   a    blue  moon  )

Pure   Greed   on   their   part        (  and   PB   part  also )

Some  say  it  aint   Greed

Bull   Feathers    !!!!!!            (  what  else  would  it  be )

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                          Gurnee, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #49731
                          February 12, 2007
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2013, 6:16 am - IP Logged

I think raffles are terrible. They supposedly offer better odds of winning some prize, but I have been playing Illinois raffle from the very beginning, and I have yet to win even the smallest prize of $1,000 or some other merchandise that was associated with the recent Fourth of July Raffle. I have also participated in other raffles in a few other states as well as raffles for certain charitable organizations...and I have won ZILCH...NADA...ZERO...NOTHING. So I view any money I spend on playing raffles similar to money wasted on certain vices like smoking...up in smoke...or drinking...down the drain! 

I acknowledge that I do not like the proposed changes for MM because those changes seem to be straight from NY....which has a state lottery I never bother to play even if the jackpot is higher than $15 million. But I do play MI, OH, FL, TX, IN, and CA lotteries when those jackpots are larger and I happen to be visiting that state at the same time.  However, I will still have a play in for every drawing even after the change...the jackpot demands I continue to play that way!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                            Gurnee, Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #49731
                            February 12, 2007
                            919 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2013, 6:37 am - IP Logged

I    agree    Ridge      (  I  will  only  play  a   dollar   once  in   a    blue  moon  )

Pure   Greed   on   their   part        (  and   PB   part  also )

Some  say  it  aint   Greed

Bull   Feathers    !!!!!!            (  what  else  would  it  be )

It seems that America and those visiting US from abroad love the excitement of the multiple huge jackpots generated by Powerball...so it is not too far fetched to think that 2 jackpot games racking up huge jackpots won't take that frenzy even higher. I think the changes to PBS and MM are aimed at capturing the typical non-playing ticket purchaser like that NJ Ocean's 16 lottery pool. The usual die-hard lottery player will likely always play and even buy $20 to $50 extra or even more when jackpot reaches record levels. They want to grab the dollars of the millions who do not normally buy lottery tickets, but who do so by reasoning they have  to have a play in to have a chance to win record jackpot. 

Although I have not heard of many people flying to Spain to play El Gordo, I do know that some people who live in Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean islands do come to US to buy tickets when jackpot gets huge. So bravo lottery administration....

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19900 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2013, 8:36 am - IP Logged

"I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me." 

As a high roller you can have better odds and a higher price any times you choose, all you have to do is spend more on tickets.  If you double the amount of tickets you buy you will double your price and split your odds by 2.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking