Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions needs to be Re-Branded

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Think.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7314 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:01 am - IP Logged

It's garbage and I'm done playing it.  Powerball for the most part always has a bigger jackpot and increases much faster.

I'd like to see Mega Millions be transformed into a monthly raffle.  I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me. 

From a business viewpoint, I think Powerball and Mega Millions could both generate more revenue if they were a bit more creative. 

Agree, disagree, or hate me...discuss.

"I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me."

You can win $1 million at 9999 to 1 odds by betting $200 on a pick-4 number or at 999 to 1 betting $2000 playing pick-3. The problem with lowering the odds means a player must bet more to win; at 10 to 1, you'll have to bet $100,000 to win $1 million. How can MM create multiple million dollar jackpot by lowering the odds and making it easier to win?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2013, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

"I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me."

You can win $1 million at 9999 to 1 odds by betting $200 on a pick-4 number or at 999 to 1 betting $2000 playing pick-3. The problem with lowering the odds means a player must bet more to win; at 10 to 1, you'll have to bet $100,000 to win $1 million. How can MM create multiple million dollar jackpot by lowering the odds and making it easier to win?

"How can MM create multiple million dollar jackpot by lowering the odds and making it easier to win?"

Actually, Megamillions claims that's what it's planning to do with its next matrix change which will lower the overall odds of winning a prize to 1:15.  Obviously they're not making winning the jackpot easier but one of every 15 lines sold will be a winner and they will still be able to offer a multi-millions dollar jackpot to its players for $1.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #135804
      November 29, 2012
      318 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

They should take out "Mega" from the name Big Smile

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19859 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2013, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

i will still play anywaysYes Nod

Think's avatar - lightbulb
          Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

It's garbage and I'm done playing it.  Powerball for the most part always has a bigger jackpot and increases much faster.

I'd like to see Mega Millions be transformed into a monthly raffle.  I also wouldn't mind a game with much lower odds of winning and a higher ticket price for the high rollers like me. 

From a business viewpoint, I think Powerball and Mega Millions could both generate more revenue if they were a bit more creative. 

Well it just may be headed off to be a multinational "AmeroMillions" game with Powerball being the US only game.  That is probably what will eventually happen.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Well it just may be headed off to be a multinational "AmeroMillions" game with Powerball being the US only game.  That is probably what will eventually happen.

That's when they can keep the whole dam* shootin' match.

I ain't playin' for no pesos or Tijuana tote bags.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5122 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2013, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

EZM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White BounceI Agree!  White Bounce

IT has been proven>>>>>either (1) these jackpots can REACH>>1/2 of BILLION JACKPOT$$$$$

IN the FUTURE if a common jackpot is driven 2 BILLION JACKPOT$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

then lookout 4A new reality TV SHOW

DanceParty "RIGGED GREED" PartyDance

LOL Jack-in-the-Box LOL   

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

EZM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White BounceI Agree!  White Bounce

IT has been proven>>>>>either (1) these jackpots can REACH>>1/2 of BILLION JACKPOT$$$$$

IN the FUTURE if a common jackpot is driven 2 BILLION JACKPOT$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

then lookout 4A new reality TV SHOW

DanceParty "RIGGED GREED" PartyDance

LOL Jack-in-the-Box LOL   

LOL       LOL       Thumbs Up

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5122 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

LOL       LOL       Thumbs Up

ATEK:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lottery Post>>>>>>>>>>MEMBER'$$$$$$$$$

Don't give UP til U drink from SILVER CUP

Jack-in-the-Box and wear GOLD TOE socks Jack-in-the-Box

Drum

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

ATEK:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lottery Post>>>>>>>>>>MEMBER'$$$$$$$$$

Don't give UP til U drink from SILVER CUP

Jack-in-the-Box and wear GOLD TOE socks Jack-in-the-Box

Drum

I hAVE D gOLD tOE $$TOCKS-------- bUT D cUP iZ mADE oF $$$TONE------ 

-----------------I wILL gO dOWN wIT D cUP------------

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7314 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

"How can MM create multiple million dollar jackpot by lowering the odds and making it easier to win?"

Actually, Megamillions claims that's what it's planning to do with its next matrix change which will lower the overall odds of winning a prize to 1:15.  Obviously they're not making winning the jackpot easier but one of every 15 lines sold will be a winner and they will still be able to offer a multi-millions dollar jackpot to its players for $1.

MM came up with an interesting concept on how to create a $1 million second prize without raising the price of the ticket. It will be five times harder to match 5 + 0 and win $1 million, but once that hurdle is crossed, it will be three times easier to win the jackpot. The one fault in their logic is the 1 in 15 overall chance of winning any prize means the players will have more money to spend in the next night's PB drawings.

Because of the number of near record setting PB jackpots, I'm wondering if the players who said they won't play PB because of the price increase are now spending more playing the game?

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7314 Posts
                        Posted: August 15, 2013, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

That's when they can keep the whole dam* shootin' match.

I ain't playin' for no pesos or Tijuana tote bags.

Think's idea wasn't very well thought out because a multi-national game using multiple currencies that fluctuate every day would be a nightmare. In Pesos the $448 million advertised jackpot was $5.747 billion.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                          Marquette, MI
                          United States
                          Member #20541
                          August 20, 2005
                          705 Posts
                          Posted: August 16, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Think's idea wasn't very well thought out because a multi-national game using multiple currencies that fluctuate every day would be a nightmare. In Pesos the $448 million advertised jackpot was $5.747 billion.

These things take years!  I remember the Big Game/Mega being talked about for years before it was launched.

The Multinational game was figured out years ago in fact.  If you look at news on here from roughly 2001 to 2003  you will see that a multinational game was about to go but got nixed during the war on terror.

I'm sure there are still rumblings for one and we will eventually see it launched.