Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is the numbers or location?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bigbear29.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
cornwall,ct
United States
Member #102636
December 23, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Do you think winning the lottery dends on the numbers you select or the town or store you buy the ticket? I never see any JPwwinners from urban areas.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

You mean like sub-suburbia? What is a urban area, is that in the country?

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1523 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2013, 10:55 am - IP Logged

When I buy lotto tickets, I normally buy tickets far out in the suburbs.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I buy at the same stores all the time. And I always smile for the cameras.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
          Upacreek
          United States
          Member #136306
          December 8, 2012
          428 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Yes and No, you have to pick the right numbers in order to win, but the town or the store is irrelevant IMO.

Pennsylvania leads in the # of PB winners and Philadelphia alone has three PB JP winners... That's urban IMO.

-RC

Missy CA's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            California
            United States
            Member #145613
            August 9, 2013
            39 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I don't think it makes a difference. Some people say if it looks like its about ready to fall down with a thousand posters in the window dated 20 years ago the better. But lately a lot of hits have been from grocery stores and here our Arco. And of course the liquor stores as you got to pick up that ticket with that six pack.

See Ya!

Win once, win big.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Do you think winning the lottery dends on the numbers you select or the town or store you buy the ticket? I never see any JPwwinners from urban areas.

Its ALWAYS the numbers. When those little balls are spinning around in that plexiglass orb- there is no mechanical voice saying " Hey Sid & company don't forget you guys are all NJ balls- get it done". The higher the concentration of tickets in an area,  the better the chances.
              However ever so once in a while- one in a small little town gets thrown a bone and comes up a winner.Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now & then.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Numbers and location are contributing factors but don't make no nevermind in the grand scheme.

It's when it's your time.

When it's your time, you'll have the right numbers and be in the right location and cut in line in front of the right person if necessary.

But if you sit out drawings because you don't think a base jackpot of 40 million dollars or 12 million dollars is enough for you to risk a couple o' bucks on, it's possible your time may have come and gone, never to return.

germantown md
                  United States
                  Member #64543
                  August 31, 2008
                  3771 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

its a matter of having the winning/ right/whatever numbers that they say fell.

Thegee

hush!!!! money is speaking White Bounce

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2013, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I never see any JPwwinners from urban areas.

It depends on the type of game you are reffering to. If it is scratch tickets then we might have some agreement. I think they try hard to spread out the locations that sell the winning scratch ticket top prizes. But in draw games, I don't think they have any influence on where the winning ticket will be sold. I am not one of those looneys who believe that PB & MM are rigged.

That money's gone fo ever

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5603 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Numbers and location are contributing factors but don't make no nevermind in the grand scheme.

When it's your time, you'll have the right numbers and be in the right location and cut in line in front of the right person if necessary.

But if you sit out drawings because you don't think a base jackpot of 40 million dollars or 12 million dollars is enough for you to risk a couple o' bucks on, it's possible your time may have come and gone, never to return.

I never sit out any draws. I can retire quite nicely on the minimum jackpot. Heck I'd be happy with 5+0 on MM or PB. That gets me out of debt, even if I can't retire on that.

I just hope my time comes before "my time".

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                        Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #35086
                        March 12, 2006
                        10374 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

When   it   is    your   time    it   wont  take  a  LOT  of   tickets  to  win 

But  you  got  to  be   in   the   game      (   Very   Well   Said   Ridge  )      Thumbs Up

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                          Columbus, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #128906
                          June 5, 2012
                          591 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2013, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I never sit out any draws. I can retire quite nicely on the minimum jackpot. Heck I'd be happy with 5+0 on MM or PB. That gets me out of debt, even if I can't retire on that.

I just hope my time comes before "my time".

Well said man

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19840 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2013, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

When   it   is    your   time    it   wont  take  a  LOT  of   tickets  to  win 

But  you  got  to  be   in   the   game      (   Very   Well   Said   Ridge  )      Thumbs Up

I Agree! i win more when i get my tickets from the store where people buy food not gas

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                              Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              917 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

No offense intended, but that is the stupidest question I have ever heard with regard to the lottery...that is, if you are talking about online numbers games. For scratch offs, it is all about the location, obviously. But for pick 3/4, pick 5, state lotto, and multi-state jackpot games, the only thing that matters are those matching numbers on a ticket. It does not matter where you buy your ticket to have a chance to win. But post win, when you are sorting through the realities of winning and dealing with the pending publicity and tax issues, then the location (state) where you purchased the ticket does factor in. So let me retract my first statement...it depends on what you are most concerned with.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!