Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is the numbers or location?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bigbear29.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I never sit out any draws. I can retire quite nicely on the minimum jackpot. Heck I'd be happy with 5+0 on MM or PB. That gets me out of debt, even if I can't retire on that.

I just hope my time comes before "my time".

Roger that, buckeye, me too.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

When   it   is    your   time    it   wont  take  a  LOT  of   tickets  to  win 

But  you  got  to  be   in   the   game      (   Very   Well   Said   Ridge  )      Thumbs Up

Thanks, Astekblue.

It's like the owner of a convenience store I was in in NYC kept yelling, "Gotta beeny to weeny! Gotta beeny to weeny!"

He kept yelling it real loud. It got annoying real fast. I had no idea what he was yelling about.

It dawned on me later that it was about the lottery which was pretty big at the time.

He was yelling "Gotta be in it to win it!" in his own ethnic way.

But it's still true in any language, even his language - eef a you a notta eeny, you a notta gonna weeny.

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #145690
      August 11, 2013
      258 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2013, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Do you think winning the lottery dends on the numbers you select or the town or store you buy the ticket? I never see any JPwwinners from urban areas.

I am starting to think it is location.  I went and looked at winners in Kannapolis and Concord (NC) since those are the two areas I am in most of the time and I found that many of the stores that sold big winners repeated over and over for Powerball QP, Cash 5, and scratch offs.  Maybe 1 or 2 were in urban areas ($1,000 winners-- only scratch offs).

I am going to start playing at the stores that has repeat winners and see if I finally win something.  My luck has been crappy.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Astekblue.

It's like the owner of a convenience store I was in in NYC kept yelling, "Gotta beeny to weeny! Gotta beeny to weeny!"

He kept yelling it real loud. It got annoying real fast. I had no idea what he was yelling about.

It dawned on me later that it was about the lottery which was pretty big at the time.

He was yelling "Gotta be in it to win it!" in his own ethnic way.

But it's still true in any language, even his language - eef a you a notta eeny, you a notta gonna weeny.

LOL                  Thumbs Up

True  in  any   language    I   agree    Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I am starting to think it is location.  I went and looked at winners in Kannapolis and Concord (NC) since those are the two areas I am in most of the time and I found that many of the stores that sold big winners repeated over and over for Powerball QP, Cash 5, and scratch offs.  Maybe 1 or 2 were in urban areas ($1,000 winners-- only scratch offs).

I am going to start playing at the stores that has repeat winners and see if I finally win something.  My luck has been crappy.

I'd go buy at the store closest to the house where Dale Sr grew up if I was in that area.

North Carolina
            United States
            Member #145690
            August 11, 2013
            258 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I'd go buy at the store closest to the house where Dale Sr grew up if I was in that area.

We have quite a few stores that sells tickets close to the house he grew up in. There is a Hess store I like to buy from that is close by where is lived and was on that list of repeat winners.  I bought a quick pick MM ticket there and my numbers were 11-35-41-43-49 PB 28 and the winning numbers were 11-15-35-43-49 PB 41. If only my 41 would have been in the right place.... burned me up.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2013, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

We have quite a few stores that sells tickets close to the house he grew up in. There is a Hess store I like to buy from that is close by where is lived and was on that list of repeat winners.  I bought a quick pick MM ticket there and my numbers were 11-35-41-43-49 PB 28 and the winning numbers were 11-15-35-43-49 PB 41. If only my 41 would have been in the right place.... burned me up.

Close one.

I don't know, if it was me, I think I'd keep hittin' that place.

Good luck!

North Carolina
                United States
                Member #145690
                August 11, 2013
                258 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2013, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Close one.

I don't know, if it was me, I think I'd keep hittin' that place.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am going to wait a while cause I have had rotten luck and wasted all my money lol.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2013, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I never sit out any draws. I can retire quite nicely on the minimum jackpot. Heck I'd be happy with 5+0 on MM or PB. That gets me out of debt, even if I can't retire on that.

I just hope my time comes before "my time".

Same here Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2013, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Numbers and location are contributing factors but don't make no nevermind in the grand scheme.

It's when it's your time.

When it's your time, you'll have the right numbers and be in the right location and cut in line in front of the right person if necessary.

But if you sit out drawings because you don't think a base jackpot of 40 million dollars or 12 million dollars is enough for you to risk a couple o' bucks on, it's possible your time may have come and gone, never to return.

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1497 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I agree, even though I would love to win the big jackpot. I too would be happy to win with 5+0 on MM or PB.