Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Players Are Spending $100 Per Day Playing The Lottery $365,000 In 10 Years.

Topic closed. 121 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2013, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

How about lottery players spending $100 per day playing the lottery $365,000 in 10 years? LOTTERY INSANITY. LOL

It depends on if and how much the player eventually wins. Even if they win $365,001, they only won $1. On the other hand spending $100 a day for ten years and winning $1 with 365,000 chances of winning a jackpot is still better than spending $3 a drawing playing the same numbers for weeks of future drawings, forgetting when the subscription expires, and finding out your numbers matched the drawing the next day winning nothing. Does it really matter if one player spends more to win or lose the same amount of money?

Before saying it's insanity or lunacy we have to put things in the proper prospective. Would it be insane if Gloria starts spending on average $100 a day trying to win another PB jackpot?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2013, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

In this recession you honestly think that people are spending $100 a day on the lottery? Those certain people who are doing that have plenty of money to spare then, l do not believe everything l read to be the truth.
    Recall that the United States went to war over WMD's- we were told that they had mobile labs cooking that crap.Yeah, Right.lts been over a decade and nothing has been found.
    Like l said- don't believe everything you read especially when money is involved.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

In this recession you honestly think that people are spending $100 a day on the lottery? Those certain people who are doing that have plenty of money to spare then, l do not believe everything l read to be the truth.
      Recall that the United States went to war over WMD's- we were told that they had mobile labs cooking that crap.Yeah, Right.lts been over a decade and nothing has been found.
      Like l said- don't believe everything you read especially when money is involved.

People with addictions find the money to support their habit even doing tough times. 

Anyone spending a hundred dollars a day on lottery tickets has an addiction problem because there is no way a thinking person would have that much time to buy that many tickets every day if he took any time to think about what he was doing, he's just mindlessly buying any and all kinds of lottery tickets every day.  To save time he probably buy a few of those $20-$50 scratch-off occasionally too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11979 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

It depends on how you define "win" because had Thrifty matched just one of the bonus numbers, he would still lose $16. I believe his point was a $2 ticket wins $2 by just matching the bonus number.

You can win a POWERBALL lottery jackpot by spending $2 for a POWERBALL ticket without POWERPLAY. It was the point that I tried to make.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11979 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2013, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

People with addictions find the money to support their habit even doing tough times. 

Anyone spending a hundred dollars a day on lottery tickets has an addiction problem because there is no way a thinking person would have that much time to buy that many tickets every day if he took any time to think about what he was doing, he's just mindlessly buying any and all kinds of lottery tickets every day.  To save time he probably buy a few of those $20-$50 scratch-off occasionally too.

YOU ARE A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE LOTTERY PLAYER. LOL

US Flag

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11979 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Man you're a heavy hitter. I cannot remember the last time I bought more than 5 lines in a single game for PB or MM. On Mass Cash (5/35) I do it once in a while. Maybe that is why I don't win like kdmccaskill

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/264463

Good luck!

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

I SET A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES.

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

US Flag

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Addiction aside- the question should then read " Some lottery addicts are spending $100.00 a day"- which raises another question- do these addicts have deep pockets to begin with?
              A few years ago a women out in Fresno thought she had won the MM jp, turns out the local papers ran Fridays numbers for the following Wednesday's drawings. This woman was in tears when told that they ran the wrong numbers.She went so far as to say she was going to fix her leaking roof when her winnings but they spend "$100.00 a week on lottery tickets"- boy did she create a firestorm- people were saying " if you saved your $100.00 a week, you would have $5200 by year's end- enough to fix your roof"- last l heard, some roofing outfit helped her out since she had recently lost her husband and was in her late 60's or 70's.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3051 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2013, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Weshar75 Powerball costs $2 to play a regular ticket and Mega millions costs $1 to play a regular ticket.

I know what tickets cost.  I was just saying that had you matched a red ball on your ticket it would have been $4 not $2.  That is all I was trying to point out thrifty.-weshar75

US Flag

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2013, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Spending or going through on average $100 a day is not the same as losing $100 a day for a scratch-off player. Depending on the ticket denomination and how much the smaller wins pay, a player could go through hundreds of tickets before losing $100. Lustig probably averaged $100 a day using his winnings from his first jackpot trying to hit the second. Only he knows how much he spent to win all his jackpots.

I'm assuming a $100 a day drawn game player has some type of a system where on average most of the wagers will be returned in the form of smaller wins. They might spend $100 but if their average winnings is $95 a day, it's only $5 a day. Is spending $35 a week and getting 700 chances to win a nice size jackpot ($100,000 +) that bad of an idea compared to spending $5 a day smoking?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2013, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Spending or going through on average $100 a day is not the same as losing $100 a day for a scratch-off player. Depending on the ticket denomination and how much the smaller wins pay, a player could go through hundreds of tickets before losing $100. Lustig probably averaged $100 a day using his winnings from his first jackpot trying to hit the second. Only he knows how much he spent to win all his jackpots.

I'm assuming a $100 a day drawn game player has some type of a system where on average most of the wagers will be returned in the form of smaller wins. They might spend $100 but if their average winnings is $95 a day, it's only $5 a day. Is spending $35 a week and getting 700 chances to win a nice size jackpot ($100,000 +) that bad of an idea compared to spending $5 a day smoking?

There are plenty of LP members spending 10-1500 imaginary dollars on the prediction board every day.  I would think the lottery players spending real money could expect similar results.  Hardly any of them ever show more than 20% of their money returned.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

You can win a POWERBALL lottery jackpot by spending $2 for a POWERBALL ticket without POWERPLAY. It was the point that I tried to make.

The lottery gods knew you were scared to play the extry buck fer the PowerPlay.

And scared money never wins.

They always know.

United Kingdom
                        Member #146045
                        August 22, 2013
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2013, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

It all comes down to how much cash you can afford to spend on lottery tickets, if that guy was a multi millionaire then spending that much on tickets would be nothing for him. I agree with what's been said previously however you do need to have a stop limit and work out how much you can afford to play, if you want to play that is.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7310 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:05 am - IP Logged

There are plenty of LP members spending 10-1500 imaginary dollars on the prediction board every day.  I would think the lottery players spending real money could expect similar results.  Hardly any of them ever show more than 20% of their money returned.

I averaged 1380 imaginary dollars a day for 30 days playing 20 pick-3 lines, but it never was suggested or intended for real play. I wanted to see if my 20 lines "good for all states" actually produced a winner in all states in 30 days and they did.

"I would think the lottery players spending real money could expect similar results.  Hardly any of them ever show more than 20% of their money returned."

If you're talking about MM or PB, the expected returns are 2.5% and 3.14% and by only hitting the four smallest prizes, a 13.75% prize ration return is about what MM players should expect. PB players can expect a 17.27% prize ratio. Some of mathematicians who run simulations might assume a real lottery player would wager $100 a day, every day for 10 years without ever winning, but real lottery players know better.

You could spend $100 a drawing for five weeks playing Classic Lotto and be even with one five number match and should match some three's and four's to show a small profit. Even a twice a week 1 ticker per drawing MM and PB players excepts to win something in ten years. Doesn't how much anyone spends a drawing depend on much they are winning from their bets?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7310 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:12 am - IP Logged

It all comes down to how much cash you can afford to spend on lottery tickets, if that guy was a multi millionaire then spending that much on tickets would be nothing for him. I agree with what's been said previously however you do need to have a stop limit and work out how much you can afford to play, if you want to play that is.

It could come down to a player like Richard Lustig, how much of first jackpot winning is he willing to spend trying to hit a second, third, or fourth jackpot. His system of using some of the winnings from the first jackpot is useless information for players who never won a jackpot.

London
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #140684
                              March 24, 2013
                              566 Posts
                              Posted: August 28, 2013, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Buying a ticket once or twice a week is enough for me, even then I sometimes don't buy them.

I wouldn't dream of spending 100 usd a day that's crazy.

It's not like scratchers where you get like half your money back with the PowerBall / Mega / EuroMillions type draws you barely hit anything.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2