Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The next jackpot winner/ winners should be from which State in your humble opinion?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4788 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2013, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why you would want or not want a particular state to win.

If the win is in Jersey I see no benefit myself, although the state collects taxes on the win,

this state can never get enough.

Having said that, my criteria for the winning state goes like this.

1. the winner is from Jersey

2, the winner is from Atlantic county

3. the winner is from Egg Harbor Twp.

4.the winner has been playing for 40 years

5. the winner's name is ( ya know, I can't share that online)

6. the winner's LP screen name is haymaker. LOL

You forgot the final step. You become a big egg from egg harbor...lol

J'aime La France.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2013, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

My thoughts are :Given NJ & Florida's recent windfalls, they get a pass this time.
    Any State but those two.

* Those people who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.
    - FL & NJ are saying " Oh Yeah" to that.

I assume you are talking about MM and PB jackpots but don't forget most states of a decent size have their own games with jackpots that many times exceed the starting jackpots of the multi-state games so why shouldn't someone in those states win their jackpots?  Besides states don't win MM and PB jackpots, it's the players with the correct combinations regardless of where they live.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
      New York
      United States
      Member #145706
      August 12, 2013
      108 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

maybe you can Visualize which state you want to win Eek

Trust me when I say I'll be having the last laugh. Which will be on my way to the bank to deposit that big check.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19797 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2013, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Trust me when I say I'll be having the last laugh. Which will be on my way to the bank to deposit that big check.

i hope you do win BIG Good Luck to you White Bounce

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4107 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2013, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I assume you are talking about MM and PB jackpots but don't forget most states of a decent size have their own games with jackpots that many times exceed the starting jackpots of the multi-state games so why shouldn't someone in those states win their jackpots?  Besides states don't win MM and PB jackpots, it's the players with the correct combinations regardless of where they live.

You assume right RJOH- l am speaking of those jackpots- the local State jackpots are irrelevant considering that they do not impact the nationwide playing public.

On another note: Read my post- it does NOT say - States that win- it says " The next jackpot winner/winners from State.. such and such". Do you have a problem telling the  difference between winners from certain States and States that win ( which is nonsensical)?

Its the Original question you need to focus on and go from there.....

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3854 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2013, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

You forgot the final step. You become a big egg from egg harbor...lol

ROFL LOL

Cheers

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

dusky's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
              Member #12812
              March 23, 2005
              1 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2013, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

HAWAII...MAHALO

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                Florida
                United States
                Member #61435
                May 22, 2008
                907 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2013, 8:25 am - IP Logged

None of the states mentioned won, lol.  Theres always next time....come on FL!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20110 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2013, 8:51 am - IP Logged

I say the great State of " Confusion" deserves to be next.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
                    Member #89330
                    April 5, 2010
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2013, 9:12 am - IP Logged

I volunteer to be the Powerball Recipient for North Carolina.  It is my civic duty..

dkw

New York
                      United States
                      Member #145706
                      August 12, 2013
                      108 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I never relalize  NY has the record for most Mega Millions winners. With 27 wins. Then CA comes in at 2nd. I'm glad that I live in such a lucky state. I now I will be the next MM winner.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

New York
                        United States
                        Member #145706
                        August 12, 2013
                        108 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2013, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Something interesting. NY, CA, NJ, OH are the top four states for most MM winniners. But those states  bottom out when it comes to PB winners. Same thing thing with IN, PA, MO, KY. They have most of PB winners, but come in last place with the least MM winners.

Then there are some states like Vermont, North Dakota, and Maine who never had a single win for either big jackpots.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

United States
                          Member #141260
                          April 9, 2013
                          1390 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Lagos Nigeria

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4107 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Nigeria, Dicey, don't you think? Considering that Nigeria is the " epicenter" of scams emanating out of Africa.

That winner would be hounded as though in a fox-hunt.

"

Nigerian scams, also called 419 scams, are a type of fraud and one of the most common types of confidence trick.

There are many variations on this type of scam, including advance fee fraud, Nigerian Letter, Fifo's Fraud, Spanish Prisoner Scamblack money scam. The number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code dealing with fraud.[1] The scam has been used with fax and traditional mail, and is now used with the internet.

While the scam is not limited to Nigeria, the nation has become associated with this fraud and it has earned a reputation for being a center of email scam crimes. Other nations known to have a high incidence of advance fee fraud include Ivory CoastBeninTogo,South AfricaRussiaIndiaPakistan, the Netherlands, and Spain.

The Nigerian 419 scam is a form of advance fee fraud similar to the  Spanish Prisoner scam dating back to the late 19th century. In that con, businessmen were contacted by an individual allegedly trying to smuggle someone connected to a wealthy family out of a  prison in  Spain. In exchange for assistance, the scammer promised to share money with the victim in exchange for a small amount of money to bribe prison guards.One variant of the scam may date back to the 18th or 19th centuries, as a very similar letter, entitled, "The Letter From Jerusalem" is seen in the memoirs of  Eugène François Vidocq, a former French criminal and  private investigator. Another variant of the scam, dating back to circa 1830, appears very similar to what is passed via email today: "‘Sir, you will doubtlessly be astonished to be receiving a letter from a person unknown to you, who is about to ask a favour from you ...' and goes on to talk of a casket containing 16,000 francs in gold and the diamonds of a late marchioness."

" Be careful what you wish for"

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1503 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I think New Jersey, New York or Pennsylvania.