Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Much would you Value Lottery Post... I say 10 million easily

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
Texas Panhandle
United States
Member #136843
December 20, 2012
1262 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2013, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Well, I started to post what I found, then thought that might not be very considerate towards Todd.  I have a free membership (although I'm thinking of going Platinum just to be able to block *some* people) and even though it doesn't cost me any money, I'd really hate to lose my account by making the webmaster angry at me.  I'd rather lose my Facebook, IMDb or YouTube accounts than this one.

I won't post the sites, but anyone can find them;  just type "Website worth" into any search engine.  Wink

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

"There are sites that estimate a website's value" I did not know that thanks MikeThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1262 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2013, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

"There are sites that estimate a website's value" I did not know that thanks MikeThumbs Up

I recently got my own domain name for my blog and wanted to see if it was still worth "something".  Before, it had been estimated by different sites to be worth a few hundred dollars to over a thousand.  I checked at one of the websites after I had checked this one and it said it was worth.....

$1

That's about right. <grin>

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
       - George Orwell

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Well, I started to post what I found, then thought that might not be very considerate towards Todd.  I have a free membership (although I'm thinking of going Platinum just to be able to block *some* people) and even though it doesn't cost me any money, I'd really hate to lose my account by making the webmaster angry at me.  I'd rather lose my Facebook, IMDb or YouTube accounts than this one.

I won't post the sites, but anyone can find them;  just type "Website worth" into any search engine.  Wink

Don't worry, those sites are just for show, and don't accurately reflect anything.  They are fun to look at if you have a hobby site, but that's about it.  For example, most of them value Google.com and Facebook.com at about $1 billion.  Does anyone really think either Google.com or Facebook.com are only worth $1 billion?  Heck, Mark Zuckerburg personally has much more than that just in Facebook stock.

Those "website worth" sites don't look at the cost of buying a business -- just some value they assign to a website domain name based on wide assumptions of advertising revenue and traffic volume.  It's kind of silly.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          rekjavik
          Iceland
          Member #99537
          October 27, 2010
          177 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

From what I understand sites worth are based on estimated ad revenue website rankings, amount of users per quarter and naming algorithms....Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

There are sites that estimate a website's value;  I just checked three of them and the results were ...well, I won't reveal the estimated daily earnings, but you can find that easily enough. (they're estimates, and the only people who know how much this site really earns are Todd, whoever he has confided in and the  *&^%$#* IRS) I certainly can't speak for Todd, but if I owned this site and was offered ten million, I'd jump on in in a heartbeat.  I can't put a dollar value on its worth to me, but it's a valuable and reliable resource.

My pathetic excuse for a blog isn't monetized, but the last time I checked,  it's worth from $100- 1,000 and a traffic rank of 8 million+.  I wouldn't sell it f/ a hundred bucks (it's a fairly cheap hobby for me), but if I was offered a thousand, I'd take it.

I agree. We would not be privy to tax returns, licensing deals, advertising revenue, etc. so those websites are more toys than reality and are meaningless. But I would guess somewhere between $ 2.5 and $ 4.5 million...just a random guess.

J'aime La France.

Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1262 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2013, 3:15 am - IP Logged

Don't worry, those sites are just for show, and don't accurately reflect anything.  They are fun to look at if you have a hobby site, but that's about it.  For example, most of them value Google.com and Facebook.com at about $1 billion.  Does anyone really think either Google.com or Facebook.com are only worth $1 billion?  Heck, Mark Zuckerburg personally has much more than that just in Facebook stock.

Those "website worth" sites don't look at the cost of buying a business -- just some value they assign to a website domain name based on wide assumptions of advertising revenue and traffic volume.  It's kind of silly.

Exactly!  This site was valued at anywhere from 60k to over a million!  I also found estimates on daily earnings from 60+ bucks to over a thousand. Like I've always said about this sort of thing: it's nobody's business because it's not their business.

Kind of silly, yes.  That's why I had posts in my blog about what it was worth and how much it varied.  I even had one of the "badges" some of them offer ; I put it in a column next to the posts column...it said "My website is worth $27" and I had a doofus come in and ask me what I was bragging about.  I told him to go look up "self-deprecating humor".

As you say, there's lots more to a worth of a business.  If you were selling a brick and mortar store, the price usually wouldn't just be the cost of the building and inventory, not unless you were desperate to sell.  Loads of other factors, annual income, future income projection, location, customer base, potential for growth and the proverbial "blue sky".   All of that can be extrapolated to a website's worth.  I don't care what your site is worth, it's valuable to me and I wish you the best b/c I want to keep visiting and using it.  Thanks f/ the reply.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell