Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Getting fed up of the lottery a little.

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I went through a spell a few months ago of winning small amounts;  thanks to the Powerball/Megaplier, I was winning $12-18 bucks once/week and also had a few $27 winners.  I also won a few dollars just by having the "Extra" option on my Texas Lotto plays.  It made me feel a lot better after having such a dry spell for years.  When the Texas Lotto first started, I hit 4 of 6 twice in the first two weeks and thought "Heck, I'm gonna make a livin' at this thing."  Dream on fool, I was saying to myself a few months later.

A little off-topic, but when I went back to the store where I bought the first winner, they told me I'd have to take my winnings as a money order.  I didn't want to do it that way, but didn't argue.  The win was for $76, but when I got the m.o., it was for $75.51 - they charged me for the m.o.! I raised a fuss, but it didn't do any good.  "It's only .49 cents!" the mgr. told me.  "If it's 'only' .49 cents," I replied "then why don't YOU pay it!"  I complained to the store's district office about it and they said I shouldn't have been charged and they would correct it.  The next week I went back with my next winning ticket and they tried to do the same thing.  I insisted upon my ticket back, but they said it had already been validated, "take it or leave it" I was told.  Once again, I got the m.o. charge taken off my winnings.  I went home and called the Lotto Comission in Austin and they said that was wrong and they'd fix it.  Long story a little shorter, the entire chain of stores nearly lost their license to sell lottery tickets, but I started doing my lottery business at a locally owned store b/c I wasn't going to let that company profit off my lottery playing and esp. not get a bonus if I ever did win the jackpot.   I never did get my .98 cents back, though.

My blood starts to boil just thinkin' about a scam like that.   Mad

I think I mighta got real unfriendly.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1732 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I'm one of those people that think the lottery is really not ramdom as far as picking the winning numbers.  But, I continue to play every week, same numbers 

for about ten years, hoping that the numbers will be picked.  So, hang in there and just keep playing.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
      East of Columbus, OH
      United States
      Member #120843
      December 28, 2011
      451 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Does anyone else feel like that, the last Euro JP was like 80M and was won and at the moment I think the Euro rolled twice it's at like 22M atm not played these draws yet but I just seem to be a bit fed up of it.

Never seem to hit anything, it always happens I play a draw till its won quit for a month or two and then play again and never win repeat.

You have to find a way to be okay with the ups and downs of playing the lotto.  I'll have a streak of matching 3/6 or 4/6 and then nothing for a month.  It's part of the challenge and the fun.  As disappointed as I am after every non-winning draw, I can't wait for the next one to try out a new set of numbers.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1409 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Yep, esp. after I found out they did it on nearly all winners over $20, scratch tickets plus lottery.  You always hear "it's the principle of the thing" and it usually means it's really over money, but this time it wasn't over the money, but the principle.  A few weeks after that I went into the store to get a snack and the mgr. was there that I had dealt with.  I got the corny dog special and she was saccharine sweet to me when I asked if they were fresh and she assured me she had just cooked them up but when I got home, I nearly broke a tooth on the corny dogs, you could've driven a nail with 'em.   They were hard enough to really do what I told her she could do with them after I drove back up there and chunked 'em on the counter.

All my life I've been a Casper Milquetoast about things, eating steaks that were overdone, not sending them back or saying a word, enduring rude waitresses, having sack boys throw canned goods on top of my bread, but never again.  I'm too old to suffer mistreatment now.  People in jobs that deal with the public need to realize that, while their boss signs their paychecks, I pay their salary.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5145 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:55 am - IP Logged

You wont be feeling this way if you Won, but l feel your pain.

Jack-in-the-Box      Don't Give Up Til You Drink from A "Silver Cup"

(AND)   Wear "Gold Toe" Stocking$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PartyDanceBananaDance  Party

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
            Phoenix, AZ
            United States
            Member #136173
            December 5, 2012
            1034 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else feel like that, the last Euro JP was like 80M and was won and at the moment I think the Euro rolled twice it's at like 22M atm not played these draws yet but I just seem to be a bit fed up of it.

Never seem to hit anything, it always happens I play a draw till its won quit for a month or two and then play again and never win repeat.

You sounded like me for the past couple years, haha.  I played here and there, never really won anything and just kept giving up.  Then something hit me one day, I thought to myself, I'm not ALWAYS going to win at the lottery and for the most part, I'm going to lose.  Hell it's written in the odds for each game.  I came to grips with that, smiled and said, "You know what?  I'm gonna play for the fun of it and if I do win, I'm gonna be greatful and Ima keep playing", and guess what... I started winning.  I dove head first into the lotto in April.  I started figuring out my strategies and within a few weeks I started winning $1, $2, or $5 here and there.  In June I hit a straight 555 on the Pick 3 and a straight 420 on Pick 3 totaling $750 in the same month.  I also play Fantasy 5 and have won around $100 in total, Mega Millions and Powerball both of those totalling about $50-$60.  I've yet to win something big on the Mega Millions or Powerball, but I get really close.  So in 4 months I've won around $900.  So you see?  There is light at the end of the crazy lotto tunnel, and no it's not a bug zapper, haha.

As lame as it may sound, I believe there is some truth to the saying, "You can't win if you don't play", haha.  Even if it is just a $1 or $2 quick pick for whatever game tickels your fancy.  Also, when you least expect it, that's when stuff usually happens.  Just my two cents.  Keep your head up and hope your luck turns for the better soon, Thumbs Up.

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Yep, esp. after I found out they did it on nearly all winners over $20, scratch tickets plus lottery.  You always hear "it's the principle of the thing" and it usually means it's really over money, but this time it wasn't over the money, but the principle.  A few weeks after that I went into the store to get a snack and the mgr. was there that I had dealt with.  I got the corny dog special and she was saccharine sweet to me when I asked if they were fresh and she assured me she had just cooked them up but when I got home, I nearly broke a tooth on the corny dogs, you could've driven a nail with 'em.   They were hard enough to really do what I told her she could do with them after I drove back up there and chunked 'em on the counter.

All my life I've been a Casper Milquetoast about things, eating steaks that were overdone, not sending them back or saying a word, enduring rude waitresses, having sack boys throw canned goods on top of my bread, but never again.  I'm too old to suffer mistreatment now.  People in jobs that deal with the public need to realize that, while their boss signs their paychecks, I pay their salary.

That's the way to do it, Mike.  Thumbs Up

Give 'em the same respect, consideration and treatment they give you.

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
                Phoenix, AZ
                United States
                Member #136173
                December 5, 2012
                1034 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

That's the way to do it, Mike.  Thumbs Up

Give 'em the same respect, consideration and treatment they give you.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..... unless they smash your bread with canned foods, then it's "Do unto others as they have done unto you." LOL

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2013, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..... unless they smash your bread with canned foods, then it's "Do unto others as they have done unto you." LOL

Roger that!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6305 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Good for you Mike Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5145 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

RDGR:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I Agree!

but, have U seen D Video>>>Florida Lottery is RIGGED !!!-YOU TUBE >>>watch D>>>>4th>>>BALL!!

No Pity!GIVE MUSICIAN's chanceDrum to make a LIVIN in USANo Pity!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2013, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

RDGR:

but, have U seen D Video>>>Florida Lottery is RIGGED !!!-YOU TUBE >>>watch D>>>>4th>>>BALL!!

Yeah, I saw that and I'm not sure what to think about it.

I'll tell you something that does stick in my craw though.

Why does Powerball need to shut down sales and have an hour of downtime before the draw?

That doesn't serve to instill confidence at all in my book.

I'm not saying there's any hanky-panky going on but they should avoid giving even the appearance of impropriety.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                          Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #35086
                          March 12, 2006
                          10374 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

RDGR:

The  Real   McCoy  is  on  the   Job   Thumbs Up

That  sure  looked  like   35  to  me  on  the  4th   ball   psykomo 

(  before  it  disappeared  and  then   reappeared   as     53  )    Evil Looking

Did  his  hand   slip  off  the   button    ,  or  was    it   changed   ( either way  ,  they should have went with 35  ,  as that was the first one that appeared  )

But  they  stuck  with   the   53   

They probably  had so many  test draws before  that  draw  ,   that  his  hand   was  tired   Jester

Or  the  machine  was   gettin '  weak    Smile

Yea........all  them  test  draws sure takes good care of the machines

And  sure  makes  them   work  slick   dont    they    Yes Nod

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19964 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2013, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Jack-in-the-Box      Don't Give Up Til You Drink from A "Silver Cup"

(AND)   Wear "Gold Toe" Stocking$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PartyDanceBananaDance  Party

I Agree!

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                              Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #35086
                              March 12, 2006
                              10374 Posts
                              Posted: August 28, 2013, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I saw that and I'm not sure what to think about it.

I'll tell you something that does stick in my craw though.

Why does Powerball need to shut down sales and have an hour of downtime before the draw?

That doesn't serve to instill confidence at all in my book.

I'm not saying there's any hanky-panky going on but they should avoid giving even the appearance of impropriety.

I Agree!