Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Before You Ever Think of Winning, Better Check GOOGLE First...

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

My hubby typed my name in the other day and he said it pulled up our address I was like WTH it also showed that I was married to him.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3048 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

that address is even on my drivers license.

Is that possible? wow I learn new things at LP all the time.

Yes, it's possible.

UPS Store address is not a P.O. Box, it looks just like a regular address.

I've had that UPS Store address since 1998, they were called Mail Box Etc back then.

Whatever paperwork I fill out that's the address I use, been doing it for years.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I find myself thinking if I won a major jackpot, I would be looking around when I go out to feed my pond fish early in the morning before work, etc. (thought it this morning). Sometimes I creep myself out..lol.

That's ok Artist sometimes I creep myself too. Big Grin

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19771 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like if you are afraid of publicity why even bother playing a Nationwide Lottery game, if you were to win BIG you can always Move.Smash

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3854 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like if you are afraid of publicity why even bother playing a Nationwide Lottery game, if you were to win BIG you can always Move.Smash

I think this is good info,

I'd like to do this even if I don't win.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4786 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

That's ok Artist sometimes I creep myself too. Big Grin

lol lol

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

This might help:

Good site to help you delete accounts easily.
              http://JustDelete.me/

Make a great username, no?

JustDeleteMe

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2013, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, but I've already carefully planned ahead for when I win. If you google my real name, Gregory Harrison, all you would find is my facebook account. It has no picutres, no real birthdays, no addresses, and no family connections. And I have no picutres of myself uploaded to any other websites that could be floating around in cyber sapce. Also I've never been arrested or got into trouble with the police that would require it to be public info. Plus I would probably change my real name in case some one I don't know tries to track me down when the see my real name that the lotto officals have posted online.

I believe there is an actor by that name as well LOL

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

This is why you claim via a blind trust. Or you could change your name to a more common one (look through your towns white pages to see the most common). You could live with that name for a year or so and then change it back to your old name. With your new name you could have everything sent to a PO Box, that way nothing could be linked to your old name or home address/phone. This would be especially useful in those states that don't require pictures to be taken (like Texas, which allows "minimal publicity" if you request it, in which they only announce your name and where you're from).

Trying to scrub the internet of my name is one of the last options I'd try to take.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3854 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

This is why you claim via a blind trust. Or you could change your name to a more common one (look through your towns white pages to see the most common). You could live with that name for a year or so and then change it back to your old name. With your new name you could have everything sent to a PO Box, that way nothing could be linked to your old name or home address/phone. This would be especially useful in those states that don't require pictures to be taken (like Texas, which allows "minimal publicity" if you request it, in which they only announce your name and where you're from).

Trying to scrub the internet of my name is one of the last options I'd try to take.

Ok, then maybe trying to add bad info to it would be better ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4106 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2013, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

So you want to win the lottery, huh?  Think once you win that you'll have it all figured out.  How and when to collect the money, what people to get in touch with, etc? But what about your privacy?  If you have a unique name, with a simple Google search, people can find out loads of information about you from you address, phone number, age, relatives' names, photo and satellite imagery of your current residence, and even things such as prior arrests and divorces.  I have a very unique name and I have been spending the last few weeks trying to remove dozens of websites with my home address and phone # (among other things) from my Google search results.  If I ever wanted to remain as secretive and "annoymous" as possible once winning the lottery, it would be quite difficult at this point.  I think it's important that everyone be aware of what kind of information about them is readily available for free to everyone online.  Once you win, it's too late..it takes weeks to even months to get rid of this information!  I know once I hear someone one a big jackpot, I will usually type their name into Google to see what kind of stuff comes up.  However, there is a way out of most things.  A lot of websites have removal request pages and opt-out pages so do your research.  Start removing your internet database information now.

Here is a site to inform you of how to request removal your information from many websites that you're probably listed on already:

unlistmy.info/sites

All one has to do is say " No".

The wife is going for breast augmentation- she needs $12,000- NO!

When people hear you said " YES"- more of them come out of the woodwork- but if you controlling your own destiny with " No", they will get the message sooner or later and leave you alone.

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Tampa, FL
                        United States
                        Member #121764
                        January 16, 2012
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2013, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

All one has to do is say " No".

The wife is going for breast augmentation- she needs $12,000- NO!

When people hear you said " YES"- more of them come out of the woodwork- but if you controlling your own destiny with " No", they will get the message sooner or later and leave you alone.

Hahaha I love it. I'm going to start practicing!  "Hey want to see a movie tonight?" "NO!"  "Will you massage my neck?" "NO!!"  "Will you start dinner? "What don't you get by now? NOOOO!!" lol   Thanks noise-gate

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19771 Posts
                          Posted: August 30, 2013, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I think this is good info,

I'd like to do this even if I don't win.

I Agree! I think this is good info.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                            Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1270 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2013, 2:39 am - IP Logged

I have a super low digital footprint......Cheers

Mine is super low, too.  The only cases of my full name being mentioned on the 'net are in online articles of my parent's obits.   I have a fairly unusual last name, but even with that being the case, I am "mike mylastname" #9 on Facebook. (which I wouldn't use except to keep up w/ old online friends and classmates and my younger kinfolk.  My friends list has 64 names on it, with some being local businesses)  I'm not the only one on the 'net to use "mikeintexas" as a nickname, either.  There's also a cop, a gay guy and a guy who likes to post to fetish forums. (and I'm none of those people)  I only chose the nickname to take care of a couple of the "A/S/L" questions in the chat rooms I frequented when I first got online.

I use Google Alerts for various things;  articles about my home town, other subjects that interest me, but I also have one for my name.  I haven't been notified about any mentions of my name since I set it up.  My "Breaking Bad" alert has made me set it to a daily digest, though.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                             - George Orwell