Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are the current games you're playing?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by maringoman.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
606 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2013, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I play the Take 5 here in New York along with the Wednesday/Saturday lotto. And I  play the daily 3 way numbers or win 4 as the whim hits me.. Then on Mega Millions and Powerball I have a couple of guys who pitch in as a group play. And like you I buy a sctach off on occasions.Sad Cheers

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
    Nova Scotia
    Canada
    Member #9934
    December 27, 2004
    891 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2013, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Hello-+I play the lotto 649, Atlantic 49, lotto max and Atlantic keno, here in Canada- as well as scratch tickets;

I bought an insta pik for Lotto Max last night and won a free ticket.

I'd rather choose my own numbers, but have difficulty with it, so opted for a insta pik last night!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1403 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2013, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I play MM and PB and the Texas Lottery but only after they've rolled over a time or two after being won.  I also buy scratch tickets, usually to get up to an even dollar amt. after playing the lotteries.  For example, those three lotteries cost $7 and I'll get a $2 Weekly Grand and then tell the clerk to pick me out a dollar scratcher to get it up to ten bucks.  I don't have much luck on scratch-offs.  I don't have much luck on the lottery drawings, either.

I met a British woman online and she came over several times to see me.  We'd send ea. other pkgs. and sometimes would put in a scratch ticket or two.  Neither of us won on our gift tickets, but both enjoyed showing the "strange" tickets to people in the shops that sold them.  I was showing my UK tickets to the mgr. of the convenience store close to my house and she got a kick out of them, esp. the "Bangers and Mash".  One of her clerks came up (a young woman who I really didn't like ringing my stuff up b/c she wasn't too bright) and wanted to see what we were looking at and said "Look, this one's a winner....no, only two symbols matched.  You nearly won two dollars, though!"  I took the ticket from her and looked at it, then told her "No, not dollars.  Two pounds." and held out the ticket to show her the £ symbol and started to explain the exchange rate but she jerked the ticket out of my hand and held it flat on her palm, moving it up and down as though weighing it.

"There's NO WAY that weighs two pounds!" she informed me.   Like I said, not too bright.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
        Member #3002
        December 11, 2003
        478 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2013, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

UK Lotto (Wed and Sat) and also Euromillions (Tue and Fri)

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.
          savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3316 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2013, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

we have a load of national games here in aust.

mon/wed , min entry $2.20 gets  4 lines , 1st winner gets $1 mill , after that 2 mill is split between more than 1 winner, odds 1 in 8,145,060

tue oz lotto,   min entry $1.20  gets 1 line, jackpot starts at $2mill  goes up to 10's of milions , odds 1 in 45,379,620

thur powerball, min entry $1.85 gets 2 lines , jackpot starts at $3 mill goes upto 10's of millions, odds is 1 in 76,767,600

sat lotto, min entry is $2.60 , gets 4 lines, always seems to be a $ mill pot, some times a super draw of $20 mll, it never jackpots , odds 1 in 8,145,060

pools, weekend   min entry is $1.10.  gets 2 lines, pot starts at $60k can get to $1+ mill,  odds 1 in 2,760,681

i play all of em

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
            Columbus, Ohio
            United States
            Member #128906
            June 5, 2012
            599 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I do MM and PB every drawing, playing my own numbers (1 set)  Sometimes I get the urge to buy a $5 scratcher but that's very rare

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3460 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Cash 3, Play 4, Fantasy 5, Mega Money and Lotto.

Guess Who's Back?

Pompano Beach
                United States
                Member #122193
                January 26, 2012
                602 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Same play as u Winn500, only play PB if there is a pool at work. Don't want to be the only guy standing when everyone else around me wins. Lol. But again Florida games only.

"You can't take it with you."Sun Smiley

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Scratch Tickets, Lucky For Life, MegaMillions, PowerBall, MegaBucks Doubler, Mass Cash, Christmas Millionaire Raffles. I am hoping to strike through all but the last two; Mass Cash and Raffles. I want to focus on games that are easier to win and that have a sizable prize for the year 2014.

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2013, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Same play as u Winn500, only play PB if there is a pool at work. Don't want to be the only guy standing when everyone else around me wins. Lol. But again Florida games only.

Thats a real fear isn't it? haha its the only reason I will not say no to a work pool. The fear of being the one left working and having to tell the story to co-workers about how you were not feeling lucky or you never join pools as a matter of principle. Oh yes, they would be laughing at you.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2013, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Thats a real fear isn't it? haha its the only reason I will not say no to a work pool. The fear of being the one left working and having to tell the story to co-workers about how you were not feeling lucky or you never join pools as a matter of principle. Oh yes, they would be laughing at you.

Nah, you just sue 'em and say they were supposed to put you in.

Then let the lawyers and the judges work out the details, that's their job.

Pools are easy money.

If they say you didn't sign the contract, you just say the guy took your money and said he didn't have the contract with him but would give you a copy later.

Then smile for the cameras after you get your rightful and well-deserved share of the winnings.  Big Grin

They don't need all that money anyway, there's plenty enough for everybody. Thumbs Up 

They shouldn't be so greedy.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I play MM and PB and the Texas Lottery but only after they've rolled over a time or two after being won.  I also buy scratch tickets, usually to get up to an even dollar amt. after playing the lotteries.  For example, those three lotteries cost $7 and I'll get a $2 Weekly Grand and then tell the clerk to pick me out a dollar scratcher to get it up to ten bucks.  I don't have much luck on scratch-offs.  I don't have much luck on the lottery drawings, either.

I met a British woman online and she came over several times to see me.  We'd send ea. other pkgs. and sometimes would put in a scratch ticket or two.  Neither of us won on our gift tickets, but both enjoyed showing the "strange" tickets to people in the shops that sold them.  I was showing my UK tickets to the mgr. of the convenience store close to my house and she got a kick out of them, esp. the "Bangers and Mash".  One of her clerks came up (a young woman who I really didn't like ringing my stuff up b/c she wasn't too bright) and wanted to see what we were looking at and said "Look, this one's a winner....no, only two symbols matched.  You nearly won two dollars, though!"  I took the ticket from her and looked at it, then told her "No, not dollars.  Two pounds." and held out the ticket to show her the £ symbol and started to explain the exchange rate but she jerked the ticket out of my hand and held it flat on her palm, moving it up and down as though weighing it.

"There's NO WAY that weighs two pounds!" she informed me.   Like I said, not too bright.

Lol Green laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #142157
                          May 4, 2013
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2013, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Just Powerball, 2 lines when it gets over 300M

Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: September 10, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Nah, you just sue 'em and say they were supposed to put you in.

Then let the lawyers and the judges work out the details, that's their job.

Pools are easy money.

If they say you didn't sign the contract, you just say the guy took your money and said he didn't have the contract with him but would give you a copy later.

Then smile for the cameras after you get your rightful and well-deserved share of the winnings.  Big Grin

They don't need all that money anyway, there's plenty enough for everybody. Thumbs Up 

They shouldn't be so greedy.

Its a quandary that I agonize over everytime the jp rises to the stratosphere because that is when the pool members come out of hibernation. But I suspect I would still end up with good size bread if we ever won and a few leeches came and sucessfully sued us.