Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Far Will The Mega Millions Go Before Odds Make It Impossible For Anyone?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will Mega Millions Get a Winner Before October Deadline

Yes [ 29 ]  [72.50%]
No [ 11 ]  [27.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2013, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

It's already impossible to win at odds of 175 million to 1.  The reason for a little higher odds is to break the billion dollar barrier which i suspect they will at least once a year if not twice.  RELAX OK. 

I think their is a minority of posters bashing this change for a hidden reason.  That hidden reason is envy.  They know they probably will have to watch someone celebrating at the press conference with a billion dollar check and it won't be them.  The prime example of this is rdgrnr aka "ridge runner" who will be bashing them about not giving enough of it away before they even have a chance to catch there breath but i digress.

Yea....we all dream about winning but the sure enjoyment of the game is watching the "reactions" of the player(s) who do win!  Take that away and you lose alot from the game.  Take this 399 million dollar winner from South Carolina for example.  It really took away from the game by not making them come forward publicly to claim it.  Plus it can start to stress the integrity of the game. 

Anyway opinions vary so chime in if you wish.  Good luck to all(after me of course!) 

CheersBig Grin

Yea....we all dream about winning but the sure enjoyment of the game is watching the "reactions" of the player(s) who do win! 

I get enjoyment out of reading the "reactions" of the losers who post their comments at LP.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2013, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Even though the MM jackpot was just won last Tuesday, if there is any justice, SOMEBODY will win the jackpot on October 18, 2013, so the jackpot has a fresh start for the new format.  There should be a rule, that a jackpot HAS to be paid out if it is the last jackpot of a game's current incarnation - if no ticket matches all 6 numbers, the pot should roll down to the match 5+0 winners, to be paid in addition to the usual match 5+0 prize, and if there is no jackpot OR match 5+0 winners, the pot rolls down to the match 4+1 winners.

---

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19824 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2013, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Even though the MM jackpot was just won last Tuesday, if there is any justice, SOMEBODY will win the jackpot on October 18, 2013, so the jackpot has a fresh start for the new format.  There should be a rule, that a jackpot HAS to be paid out if it is the last jackpot of a game's current incarnation - if no ticket matches all 6 numbers, the pot should roll down to the match 5+0 winners, to be paid in addition to the usual match 5+0 prize, and if there is no jackpot OR match 5+0 winners, the pot rolls down to the match 4+1 winners.

When Ohio ended its Lot'O Play game there wasn't jackpot winner so the jackpot was shared by all the lower tier winners.  That was the only time I played and I did quite well winning three lower tiers prize at the new amounts.

Evil Looking       

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
        Member #142777
        May 18, 2013
        263 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

When Ohio ended its Lot'O Play game there wasn't jackpot winner so the jackpot was shared by all the lower tier winners.  That was the only time I played and I did quite well winning three lower tiers prize at the new amounts.

I wasn't aware till tonight that you had matched 5 of 6 twice! Fantastic RJOH.   Ever thought what would happen if someone actually won TWO of the big lotteries?  Could you imagine the uproar haha!  It would be the most improbable stroke of luck but you would have conspiracy nuts coming out of the wood works!  A savvy person would make another billion selling a book swearing it was from this new system they "DISCOVERED".

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2013, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I wasn't aware till tonight that you had matched 5 of 6 twice! Fantastic RJOH.   Ever thought what would happen if someone actually won TWO of the big lotteries?  Could you imagine the uproar haha!  It would be the most improbable stroke of luck but you would have conspiracy nuts coming out of the wood works!  A savvy person would make another billion selling a book swearing it was from this new system they "DISCOVERED".

There are always conspiracy nuts coming out of the wood works, they don't believe anything happens randomly or some players just get lucky.

I'm surprised there were three 5+0 in the last MM drawing.  If that keeps happening, there may be jackpot winner before MM jackpot reaches a quarter of a billion dollars.

Evil Looking