$400 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot explodes

Sep 15, 2013, 8:56 am (168 comments)

Powerball

5th-largest US jackpot ever; 8th-largest cash value

By Todd Northrop

For only the 5th time in the history of United States lotteries, a lottery jackpot has grown to $400 million or more.

The new high-water mark of $400 million for the current Powerball jackpot was achieved after no winning tickets were sold for Saturday night's $301 million grand prize.

The lump-sum cash payout value of Wednesday's Powerball jackpot is $223.6 million.  After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state on the Jackpot Analysis page at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

The largest Powerball jackpot ever awarded was on May 18, 2013, when Gloria C. MacKenzie of Zephyrhills, Florida, held the solitary winning ticket for a grand prize worth nearly $600 million (see Winner of record $590.5 million Powerball lottery jackpot announced, Lottery Post, June 5, 2013).

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.  However, Saturday's drawing was a bit of an aberration, as the lottery had overestimated the jackpot, and it settled back to $301 million from an initial estimate of $317 million after all the proceeds were counted just before draw time.

The mammoth prize is the result of 11 consecutive draws without a winner.  The run-up started as a $40 million prize on Aug. 10, 2013.

The winning numbers for Saturday, September 14, 2013 were 1, 17, 25, 37, and 44, with Powerball number 20.

Even though nobody won the jackpot Saturday, 11 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from California, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Idaho, 1 from Maryland, 2 from New York, 1 from Ohio, 2 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Carolina, and 1 from Wisconsin.

The California second-prize winner will be awarded a whopping $2,479,122, because California does not award fixed prizes. By law, California awards all prizes on a pari-mutuel basis, meaning the prizes will change each drawing based on the number of tickets sold and the number of tickets that won at each prize level.  Because there was only one second-prize winner in California, that one ticket will take home the entire pool of money allocated for second prize.

None of the second-prize tickets was purchased with the Power Play option.  If a second-prize ticket were purchased with the Power Play option, the prize would automatically be doubled to $2 million.  Power Play is not available in California, because the fixed nature of the prize increase offered in Power Play is not compatible with California's pari-mutuel payouts.

65 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 6 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000, and 6 of the tickets were sold in California, where the prize was worth $13,295 this drawing.

Following the Saturday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate was raised $99 million from its previous amount of $301 million. The cash value was raised by $56.2 million from its previous amount of $167.4 million.

The next Powerball drawing will take place Wednesday night at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

Powerball is now played in 43 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.  Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time.  Tickets cost $2 each.

A 44th Powerball state will be added in early 2014, as the state of Wyoming has approved a new state lottery with the intention of joining Powerball and other multi-state lottery games.  (See Wyoming officially becomes 44th state with a lotteryLottery Post, Mar. 14, 2013.)

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega (www.usamega.com).  The USA Mega Web site provides lottery players in-depth information about the United States's two biggest multi-state lottery games, Mega Millions and Powerball.

Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time

Wednesday's Powerball jackpot currently stands as the 5th-largest lottery jackpot of all time in the United States.  That position may rise before the drawing Wednesday night, as lotteries are typically conservative in their initial estimates, and brisk sales may push the jackpot estimate higher by draw time.

If nobody wins Wednesday, it's anyone's guess how high it will go.

1. Mega Millions: $656 million, Mar. 30, 2012 - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Powerball: $590.5 million, May 18, 2013 - Florida
  3. Powerball: $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012 - Arizona, Missouri
  4. Powerball: $448.4 million, Aug. 7, 2013 - Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
  5. Powerball: $400 million, Sep. 18, 2013 - Preliminary estimate, not won yet
  6. Mega Millions: $390 million, Mar. 6, 2007 - Georgia, New Jersey
  7. Mega Millions: $380 million, Jan. 4, 2011 - Idaho, Washington
  8. Powerball: $365 million, Feb. 18, 2006 - Nebraska
  9. The Big Game: $363 million, May 9, 2000 - Illinois, Michigan
  10. Powerball: $340 million, Oct. 19, 2005 - Oregon
  11. Powerball: $338.3 million, Mar. 23, 2013 - New Jersey
  12. Powerball: $337 million, Aug. 15, 2012 - Michigan
  13. Powerball: $336.4 million, Feb. 11, 2012 - Rhode Island
  14. Mega Millions: $336 million, Aug. 28, 2009 - California, New York
  15. The Big Game: $331 million, Apr. 16, 2002 - Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey
  16. Mega Millions: $330 million, Aug. 31, 2007 - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  17. Mega Millions: $319 million, Mar. 25, 2011 - New York
  18. Mega Millions: $315 million, Nov. 15, 2005 - California
  19. Powerball: $314.9 million, Dec. 26, 2002 - West Virgina
  20. Powerball: $314.3 million, Aug. 25, 2007 - Indiana
  21. Powerball: $295.7 million, Jul. 29, 1998 - Indiana
  22. Powerball: $295 million, Aug. 25, 2001 - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  23. Mega Millions: $294 million, Jul. 2, 2004 - Massachusetts
  24. Powerball: $276.3 million, Mar. 15, 2008 - West Virgina
  25. Mega Millions: $275 million, Feb. 22, 2008 - Georgia

For those keeping score, the number of jackpots in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Powerball: 14
  • Mega Millions: 9
  • The Big Game: 2

The Big Game is the original name of Mega Millions, from the game's first drawing on Sep. 6, 1996 through May 14, 2002.  The name was changed to Mega Millions starting with the May 17, 2002 drawing.

Top 25 cash value jackpots

Since many lottery winners collect their winnings in cash, the lump-sum payout is an important measure of what a winning ticket could be worth.

Looking at the cash value, the upcoming Powerball jackpot ranks as the 8th-largest cash value in U.S. history.

1. Mega Millions: $471 million cash, Mar. 30, 2012 ($656 million annuity) - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Powerball: $384.7 million cash, Nov. 28, 2012 ($587.5 million annuity) - Arizona, Missouri
  3. Powerball: $370.9 million cash, May 18, 2013 ($590.5 million annuity) - Florida
  4. Powerball: $258.2 million cash, Aug. 7, 2013 ($448.4 million annuity) - Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
  5. Mega Millions: $240 million cash, Jan. 4, 2011 ($380 million annuity) - Idaho, Washington
  6. Mega Millions: $233.1 million cash, Mar. 6, 2007 ($390 million annuity) - Georgia, New Jersey
  7. Powerball: $224.7 million cash, Aug. 15, 2012 ($337 million annuity) - Michigan
  8. Powerball: $223.6 million cash, Sep. 18, 2013 ($400 million annuity) - Preliminary estimate, not won yet
  9. Mega Millions: $214 million cash, Aug. 28, 2009 ($336 million annuity) - California, New York
  10. Powerball: $211 million cash, Mar. 23, 2013 ($338.3 million annuity) - New Jersey
  11. Powerball: $210 million cash, Feb. 11, 2012 ($336.4 million annuity) - Rhode Island
  12. Mega Millions: $202.9 million cash, Mar. 25, 2011 ($319 million annuity) - New York
  13. Mega Millions: $194.4. million cash, Aug. 31, 2007 ($330 million annuity) - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  14. Mega Millions: $185 million cash, Nov. 15, 2005 ($315 million annuity) - California
  15. The Big Game: $180 million cash, May 9, 2000 ($363 million annuity) - Illinois, Michigan
  16. Powerball: $177.3 million cash, Feb. 18, 2006 ($365 million annuity) - Nebraska
  17. Mega Millions: $168 million cash, July 2, 2004 ($294 million annuity) - Massachusetts
  18. Mega Millions: $167.7 million cash, Feb. 22, 2008 ($275 million annuity) - Georgia
  19. Powerball: $166 million cash, Aug. 25, 2001 ($295 million annuity) - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  20. Mega Millions: $165.2 million cash, May 4, 2010 ($266 million annuity) - California
  21. Powerball: $164.4 million cash, won Oct. 19, 2005 ($340 million annuity) - Oregon
  22. Mega Millions: $164 million cash, Feb. 28, 2006 ($270 million annuity) - Ohio
  23. Powerball: $161.5 million cash, July 29, 1998 ($295.7 million annuity) - Indiana
  24. Mega Millions: $156.1 million cash, Sept. 16, 2005 ($258 million annuity) - New Jersey
  25. Mega Millions: $153.3 million cash, Dec. 27, 2011 ($208 million annuity) - New York

The number of jackpot cash values in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Mega Millions: 13
  • Powerball: 11
  • The Big Game: 1

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$400 million Woo Hoo BananaDanceWhite Bounce

hsg2000

A storm is raging in Powerball arena.

Many will join the fiasco pullng out money to savagely buy powerball tickets EAGER TO WIN.

If no one wins this time the grand prize will undouftedly go above $500 million easy!!!

I always buy 2 or 3 tickets , let us see how the storm razes!!!!!

SmileBig Grin SantaParty US FlagEvil UhhYellow Eyes

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I have my numbers already picked out and plan to go crazy and buy TWO TICKETS!!!!

Piaceri

White Bounce

Party

Let the madness begin! Good luck to my LP friends!

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Time to pay a visit to THRIFTY. Got two tickets with pplay already. HAVE FUN Y'ALL.

In3D30

Powerball: $224.7�million cash, Aug.�15,�2012 ($337�million�annuity)�- Michigan
Powerball: $223.6�million cash, Sep.�18,�2013 ($400�million�annuity)�- Preliminary estimate

They clearly have been playing around Estimate numbers to make it seem make a higher jackpot how can $337 have a higher cash value than $400 ?????

They have been lowballing the Estimated Jackpot number it appears

CLETU$

I've already got my ticket.Call me cheap,but I only purchase one ticket per drawing 'cause you only need one to win it all!

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

I think I'll go all out this draw and get TWO tics w/PP.

I won $10 on AON the other day to help pay for it along with the other jackpot games I play.

Pita Maha's avatarPita Maha

Yeah, I might just go absolutely crazy nutso and buy two tickets for this draw as well. 

As far as the prize money, I prefer to deal with the reality of the cash, after taxes amount: $167,700,000 looks very nice when it's written down and it'll look even nicer as a line item in my bank account too.  But hey, if it's a shared jackpot prize, I'd be happy seeing $83,850,000 too.

sandia's avatarsandia

No winner in last night's PB. Here we go again boys and girls, let the frenzy drum on.Banana

Pardon me for asking but, where are Ronnie and others who had a knack for how do I put this delicately, being insipid and cantankerous? I have been incognito for a spell so, I might have missed a few things.Unhappy

(I might have posted ad identical post earlier........)

"The only sure thing about luck, is that it will change" - Bret Harte

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

Quote: Originally posted by In3D30 on Sep 15, 2013

Powerball: $223.6�million cash, Sep.�18,�2013 ($400�million�annuity)�- Preliminary estimate

They clearly have been playing around Estimate numbers to make it seem make a higher jackpot how can $337 have a higher cash value than $400 ?????

They have not been underestimating jackpots. 

The yield on Government bonds was a bit lower during the same time last year. Just another reason why I don't much emphasis on Annuities especially those that are back end weighted. Inflation by itself will absorb all of the perceived value.

Anfang71

I want to buy some tickets for yet another exciting Powerball drawing(s)

Dang IT, why am I never there when the jackpots are $300+milion

I been trying to calculate about when the next one will be an might plan my "vacation"/ off time around then. heheeh see some old friends an family...then buy a few tickets (PB) and...umm WIN lol

Alright...well good luck to you all whom shall be playing

Get that kickety

Buy that tickety

Don't worry Sir an Honey

Bam boozle a little money

Jacks' pot 0' millions, our minds been

Good haste comin, financial win

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Sep 15, 2013

They have not been underestimating jackpots. 

The yield on Government bonds was a bit lower during the same time last year. Just another reason why I don't much emphasis on Annuities especially those that are back end weighted. Inflation by itself will absorb all of the perceived value.

And to put full faith in Gov't Bonds for 20-30 years based upon the current global situations.....no thanks!  Show me the MONEY!!!!!

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Sep 15, 2013

White Bounce

Party

laughing  singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner & let it be me

WWWBUKTN

Call me crazy but I think it's just stupid to have one huge prize.   I understand that's the purpose of the Lotto but I think the players would be better served with more opportunity.  I know nobody plays the smaller jackpots like they do these monsters but it's just a waste as nobody needs that much money.   Just my opinion.

Erzulieredeyes's avatarErzulieredeyes

I've always preferred Mega Million over  Powerball but it looks like Powerball knocked the dust off Mega Millions as the preferred lotto game and LARGE jackpots this year with all these $300M+ jackpots.

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

All we can do is buy and try Good Luck everyone Party

Quote: Originally posted by WWWBUKTN on Sep 15, 2013

Call me crazy but I think it's just stupid to have one huge prize.   I understand that's the purpose of the Lotto but I think the players would be better served with more opportunity.  I know nobody plays the smaller jackpots like they do these monsters but it's just a waste as nobody needs that much money.   Just my opinion.

Hey Crazy!!!

That's why lotteries have other games with smaller prizes such as PICK 3/4/5, scratch offs and local lottos that offer millions that usually gets hit way before it hits the $40 Million range.

If you don't like the idea of one single person winning such a huge amount then DON'T PLAY! One less person in my way of winning! - lol -

RedStang's avatarRedStang

This is usually when tickets sales double and people take notice. Last nights drawing did'nt sell as many as the last time it was 300mill. Hard to believe MM is still king.

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Sep 15, 2013

All we can do is buy and try Good Luck everyone Party

I love that line:" buy and try"....I'm going to have to give you royalties ......

good luck to everyone....

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Imma' hoping that my bank account will 'explode' with a Powerball jackpot wire transfer LOL!

I want to go green .................

........... green with money Dance

Best wishes to everyone at LP

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Sep 15, 2013

No winner in last night's PB. Here we go again boys and girls, let the frenzy drum on.Banana

Pardon me for asking but, where are Ronnie and others who had a knack for how do I put this delicately, being insipid and cantankerous? I have been incognito for a spell so, I might have missed a few things.Unhappy

(I might have posted ad identical post earlier........)

"The only sure thing about luck, is that it will change" - Bret Harte

Ronnie got sent to the "land of no avatar". Don't know what his actual sin was though. I guess being insipid and cantankerous.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Okay, I'll call you crazy. 

I don't get this fast spreading communist mentality of one group of people trying to tell another group how much is too much for them to have. I'm not sure there is actually anything more stupd than that. 

If YOU don't want that amount of money then the smart thing would be not to play. Only play those lotteries that have a top prize of $250k - $1M. Go ahead and limit yourself, riduculous for you to try to limit others.

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Sep 15, 2013

I don't get this fast spreading communist mentality of one group of people trying to tell another group how much is too much for them to have. I'm not sure there is actually anything more stupd than that. 

If YOU don't want that amount of money then the smart thing would be not to play. Only play those lotteries that have a top prize of $250k - $1M. Go ahead and limit yourself, riduculous for you to try to limit others.

I Agree!Bang Head

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 15, 2013

I Agree!

CheersDanceHyper

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Sep 15, 2013

Ronnie got sent to the "land of no avatar". Don't know what his actual sin was though. I guess being insipid and cantankerous.

Maybe there is a god.

Or a moderator.

Toronto

US FlagPatriotPatriotUS Flag

CLETU$

I Agree!What makes some people think that $400 million dollars is enough for anybody?It isn't enough for me!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by tnlotto1 on Sep 15, 2013

I Agree!

CheersDanceHyper

Off topic: 

TEXANS GONNA WIN! WOOOO!

TEXANS

PS - Did anyone ever tell you, tnlotto, when the Oilers moved to Tennessee, "This Buds for you"?

Off topic: 

TEXANS GONNA WIN! WOOOO!

TEXANS

PS - Did anyone ever tell you, tnlotto, when the Oilers moved to Tennessee, "This Buds for you"?

I hope a "Texan" (not the football team) wins the jackpot. Especially THIS Texan! LOL.

I think I would get a few hundred acres in the heart of the hill country and watch the world go to pieces.

Piaceri

Any Texan will do, but either you or me would be best.

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/  texas

TOUCHDOWN TEXANS!

What he/she (Teddi) said!!!!

I Agree!

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Sep 15, 2013

I hope a "Texan" (not the football team) wins the jackpot. Especially THIS Texan! LOL.

I think I would get a few hundred acres in the heart of the hill country and watch the world go to pieces.

This one is going to Ohio, maybe you can  buy those acres next round. :)

PrisonerSix

I've got a club with 11 members in it, maybe we'll split it.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by PrisonerSix on Sep 15, 2013

I've got a club with 11 members in it, maybe we'll split it.

l am in a Club of One, but l don't mind having a slice of this jackpot cake.The thought is absolutely exhilarating.

Perhaps pick3 is more inline with your logic.

Quote: Originally posted by BuyLow on Sep 15, 2013

And to put full faith in Gov't Bonds for 20-30 years based upon the current global situations.....no thanks!  Show me the MONEY!!!!!

I Agree! cash is always king!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Then just play the smaller games and leave the Large Jackpots to us LOL

Noel

easygoing123go

It will go to 500 Million before Wednesday, just send me the money, gone fishing...and going tomorrow on Lake Erie... Might be able to buy me a boat....Noeland some present for my grandkids too,. LMAO

veganlife125's avatarveganlife125

Great post Teddi.  I assume wwwbuktn is trolling the board.  I'll take a crack at this "spreading communist mentality" you speak of.  The INFLATION caused by our Federal Reserve Bank to pay for all the "goodies" the voters want is slowly eliminating capital formation for small businesses and jobs for the middle class. This is eroding the middle class which brings out envy. 

CheersBig Grin

PrisonerSix

I"ve got 2 tickets of my own, and my club has 4 Powerball tickets. We also have 3 MegaMillions and 2 Louisiana Lotto tickets. MegaMillions is a $130million and Louisiana Lotto is at $1.325 million, which is higher than usual.

The Powerball is probably going to higher now that there's a buying frenzy going on.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Sep 15, 2013

I Agree!What makes some people think that $400 million dollars is enough for anybody?It isn't enough for me!

Always think big!

But $400 million cash payout (not annuity) and AFTER taxes might just do it for me. LOL.

I think that's the level I can have anything I even dream of wanting and still not have to say 'no' to any family member, friend, alma mater or favorite charity. Ever. Everyone wins.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by PrisonerSix on Sep 15, 2013

I"ve got 2 tickets of my own, and my club has 4 Powerball tickets. We also have 3 MegaMillions and 2 Louisiana Lotto tickets. MegaMillions is a $130million and Louisiana Lotto is at $1.325 million, which is higher than usual.

The Powerball is probably going to higher now that there's a buying frenzy going on.

Looks like you have covered all the angles P6- good for you.
Would winning this or a part of this jackpot make you " freer?" This is not a trick question. .

* With all due respect: California is way overdue for its first PB win, your combined pleas for this jackpot to end up there is greatly appreciated. California sends its thanks in advance.

veganlife125's avatarveganlife125

"I'm not talking about some $200,000 a year walking stiff and living comfortable.  I'm talking about liquid.  Rich enough to own your on jet.  Rich enough not to waste time.  50 or 100 million dollars buddy.  A player." 

Gordon Gekko

noise-gate

California is waiting for the numbers to fall to her, if not, Oregon or Washington State.
Lets make this a Pacific Coast State win. I don't think many people would mind considering that California is the newest State introduced to PB- let's welcome the newbie with her first win..
Party

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Sep 15, 2013

California is waiting for the numbers to fall to her, if not, Oregon or Washington State.
Lets make this a Pacific Coast State win. I don't think many people would mind considering that California is the newest State introduced to PB- let's welcome the newbie with her first win..
Party

Lets let California wait her turn,There are plenty of people in other states that have waited years to win.

Piaceri

Lets let California wait her turn,There are plenty of people in other states that have waited years to win.

Agreed. Texas joined in 2010 and did not win PB JP until this year, 3 years later. How many states have yet to win PB JP? Several, I'd guess.  CA doesn't have 'it's turn'.

noise-gate

But she has waited Cletus, since April. What harm is there in her having her first win? You cannot be seriously suggesting that every State should have a winner before California has at least one? Where is your compassion?

* Piaceri- Texas not winning for 3 years is not California fault. Your State is too Big and not enough players. Therein lies the Rub.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Party

While I'm not willing to do that, I am willing to put the Pacific Coast States at the top of list of place to travel if I win that jackpot. 
PartyBanana

CLETU$

But she has waited Cletus, since April. What harm is there in her having her first win? You cannot be seriously suggesting that every State should have a winner before California has at least one? Where is your compassion?

* Piaceri- Texas not winning for 3 years is not California fault. Your State is too Big and not enough players. Therein lies the Rub.

Let her wait years like most other lottery players have.It's only right.

noise-gate

Let her wait years like most other lottery players have.It's only right.

Right?- Did Eve have the right to eat of the fruit?

CLETU$

Right?- Did Eve have the right to eat of the fruit?

What does Adam & Eve have to do with this?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by veganlife125 on Sep 15, 2013

"I'm not talking about some $200,000 a year walking stiff and living comfortable.  I'm talking about liquid.  Rich enough to own your on jet.  Rich enough not to waste time.  50 or 100 million dollars buddy.  A player." 

Gordon Gekko

That's what I'm talkin' about!

1 ticket ............ 1 winner!

Party

Masone

My body is ready.

WWWBUKTN

YOU (as if it makes it mean more in upper case) clearly take yourself way to seriously.    I wasn't trying to tell anybody anything.   I just think it's kind of stupid to have one winner every two months or so.   

"Go ahead and limit yourself, ridiculous for you to try to limit others."  Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Sep 15, 2013

Maybe there is a god.

Or a moderator.

I agree!  Or in the "words"  of the former member: LOLPartyDanceGreen laugh

Quote: Originally posted by easygoing123go on Sep 15, 2013

It will go to 500 Million before Wednesday, just send me the money, gone fishing...and going tomorrow on Lake Erie... Might be able to buy me a boat....Noeland some present for my grandkids too,. LMAO

Me and my brother have a few acres of farm and woods in Ohio. Used to fish Lake Erie a lot. Kinda miss it, but not the winters.

YOU (as if it makes it mean more in upper case) clearly take yourself way to seriously.    I wasn't trying to tell anybody anything.   I just think it's kind of stupid to have one winner every two months or so.   

"Go ahead and limit yourself, ridiculous for you to try to limit others."  Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

On the PB website they actually explain that after a focus group told them they wanted multiple million dollar winners/ winning prizes, MUSL started that game. "No one played".

Guess if that bothers you, you always have your state lotto game to play.

Kee12's avatarKee12

I hope one of the LP members win this.  Let everyone rejoice here. Go ahead and make this website proud!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Sep 15, 2013

That's what I'm talkin' about!

1 ticket ............ 1 winner!

Party

Dancesinglewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner Dance

Hurray!

Banana

White Bounce

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

WWWBUKTN    I don't even understand what is the problem because PB is a two in one kinda game. Those who aim for big money could aim to win $40M+ jackpot and those who just want some small jackpot could aim to win $2M. Even if a winner lives in NYC, $2M is still good bread.

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

Off topic: 

TEXANS GONNA WIN! WOOOO!

TEXANS

Congrats on the win, that was a good game. I will be at the game here in Nashville in December to end the regular season.

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I got my tickets and I will share either jackpot this week with someone else.  I could handle $65 million or $200 million for either jackpot.  I am not greedy I would just like to win one time the big one here in oregon.-weshar75

US Flag

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by tnlotto1 on Sep 15, 2013

Congrats on the win, that was a good game. I will be at the game here in Nashville in December to end the regular season.

It was a great game! Completely, 100%, without a doubt jealous that you get to go to the game. Titans will be gunning for the Texans.

I'm on the season ticket wait list, #11,135 at the end of last season. Waiting to see how much I move up from those who did not renew. I should know soon. Need to win PB, MM, or Tx Lotto before I get to next in line. This PB should suffice.

Green laugh

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

White Bounce

Party

You're so cute Pia. Wink

Any Texan will do, but either you or me would be best.

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/  texas

TOUCHDOWN TEXANS!

Wow Pia, I looked at your link. I wouldn't know what to do with all that land. What would you do with 500 acres of land?

Jon D's avatarJon D

I don't think any state has a *right* to win, there is no entitlements or welfare with the lottery. It's just cold hard cash and numbers at play. By Wednesday's drawing, Californians will have spent about $350M on Powerball. That's good enough reason.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

I'm glad california decided to join powerball, more money for the jackpot!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Sep 15, 2013

Wow Pia, I looked at your link. I wouldn't know what to do with all that land. What would you do with 500 acres of land?

What would I do with 500 acres of land? Enjoy the peace and quiet, raise my animals and then some, set it up to go off grid if neccessary. Have some place to go to live life simpler.

banderabanderadays

Swim in a crystal clear creek, unpolluted by people.

jacobswellswim

Enjoy the miles of view without seeing rooftops.

viewview2

Count the stars at night, rediscover the milky way.

milkyway

Just enjoy the great outdoors. It's a beautiful world out there. Some would live the high life, others choose to be simpler. I'd travel in style and come home to simple. :)

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 15, 2013

I have my numbers already picked out and plan to go crazy and buy TWO TICKETS!!!!

Got ya beat, 2 tickets and a frozen Coke.  ha! top that.

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Sep 15, 2013

Got ya beat, 2 tickets and a frozen Coke.  ha! top that.

lol  Will buy mine tomorrow at work in DC.  I won't tell Thrifty about the frozen coke.

LottoMetro's avatarLottoMetro

I feel like winning.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Sep 15, 2013

I don't think any state has a *right* to win, there is no entitlements or welfare with the lottery. It's just cold hard cash and numbers at play. By Wednesday's drawing, Californians will have spent about $350M on Powerball. That's good enough reason.

My posting was not meant to be taken serious JonD- after all no one has control which State player wins or loses.its a discussion co mingled with playful banter.

Hyper

What would I do with 500 acres of land? Enjoy the peace and quiet, raise my animals and then some, set it up to go off grid if neccessary. Have some place to go to live life simpler.

banderabanderadays

jacobswellswim

viewview2

milkyway

Just enjoy the great outdoors. It's a beautiful world out there. Some would live the high life, others choose to be simpler. I'd travel in style and come home to simple. :)

Wow Pia, I like the way you told that story and the photos bring it all to life. Texas is a wonderful state and I can see why you love it.

I don't live in the country but I see what you mean, Texas is a clean healthy way of life. Good on ya mate!!!

Please invite me to experience it after you acquire it!!!! Love

zirabamuzaale

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Sep 15, 2013

I'm glad california decided to join powerball, more money for the jackpot!

This in part explains the recent Jackposts we are increasingly getting used to.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by zirabamuzaale on Sep 15, 2013

This in part explains the recent Jackposts we are increasingly getting used to.

So its a huge  thanks and " All Hail California" .. eh zira?

megan81's avatarmegan81

Of course, every time I play, I wish that I win, but I have this intense feeling that I'll win this one. Only twice in my life (when I was in labor) have I had this feeling in my stomach. And every time I think about this Jackpot, I get the feeling. Wow! I can't even put in to words how A-MA-ZING it would be to win and fulfill my plans/dreams!

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Good luck to all, and to all a good win!

geerod2001's avatargeerod2001

To all of my fellow lottery players.

Remember that when endorsing your BIG lottery check make a "demand to be redeemed in lawful money" per USC Title 12 sec 411.

By endorsing your check this way(restrictive endorsement) you do not incur the "tax liability" on your winnings.

Please spend time doing research  into this USC Title 12 sec 411 subject matter.

Also read into the "Federal Reserve Act: for additional info on redeeming lawful money.

VERY interesting info to say the least!!!

I will not  say anymore concerning this topic.

Now do your own research players and avoid the taxation!!!!

Make the DEMAND and keep ALL the winnings!!!!

Good night and good luck to all my fellow Lottery Post family members.........

Quote: Originally posted by megan81 on Sep 15, 2013

Of course, every time I play, I wish that I win, but I have this intense feeling that I'll win this one. Only twice in my life (when I was in labor) have I had this feeling in my stomach. And every time I think about this Jackpot, I get the feeling. Wow! I can't even put in to words how A-MA-ZING it would be to win and fulfill my plans/dreams!

Sounds great Megan. I wish you the best and I hope your gut is right this time too.

Wow Pia, I like the way you told that story and the photos bring it all to life. Texas is a wonderful state and I can see why you love it.

I don't live in the country but I see what you mean, Texas is a clean healthy way of life. Good on ya mate!!!

Please invite me to experience it after you acquire it!!!! Love

she does indeed has a way with word and pix indeed

but not all of Texas is as nice as she paints it,but thar be the few places with the potential

Quote: Originally posted by geerod2001 on Sep 16, 2013

Remember that when endorsing your BIG lottery check make a "demand to be redeemed in lawful money" per USC Title 12 sec 411.

By endorsing your check this way(restrictive endorsement) you do not incur the "tax liability" on your winnings.

Please spend time doing research  into this USC Title 12 sec 411 subject matter.

Also read into the "Federal Reserve Act: for additional info on redeeming lawful money.

Ponderinteresting

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Sep 16, 2013

but not all of Texas is as nice as she paints it,but thar be the few places with the potential

your funny LOL

sully16's avatarsully16

lol  Will buy mine tomorrow at work in DC.  I won't tell Thrifty about the frozen coke.

lol Maybe I'll stir in some Rum, Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Sep 15, 2013

I love that line:" buy and try"....I'm going to have to give you royalties ......

good luck to everyone....

Thanks and Good Luck to you Patriot

If you win, you will not be paid in gold and silver, and they will deduct 25% federal taxes and what ever your state tax rate may be.

Good luck!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Sep 16, 2013

Exactly. As with any of our beautiful states, there are good and bad. You have to find the treasures in each. There is also the old saying that one (wo)man's trash is another's treasure.

May we all be able to find our treasures one day. White Bounce

Piaceri

Hunker down! Check in when you get a chance and let us know you are safe.

armin5683's avatararmin5683

what is lotto math

RJOh's avatarRJOh

That big check is for the photo, no bank would actually cash it.  Before anyone can avoid paying taxes on a jackpot, they have to win it and you know the chances of that ever happening.

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Sep 16, 2013

Exactly. As with any of our beautiful states, there are good and bad. You have to find the treasures in each. There is also the old saying that one (wo)man's trash is another's treasure.

May we all be able to find our treasures one day. White Bounce

well said Ms Piaceri Yes Nod 

I hope one of us here @ the LP will get that lucky this Wednesday I just want it to be me

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by armin5683 on Sep 16, 2013

what is lotto math

It the made up math that lottery players use when real math doesn't work to explain what they are doing.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

OMFG! Just pay the taxes and stop your nonsense. You aren't going to get around paying taxes by writing a rant on the back of the check. Do you really think that's how taxation works? 12 USC 411 doesn't even have anything to do with taxes, it only has to do with the access to and redemption of 'lawful money'. Redeeming money has nothing to do with not having to pay taxes on it. Go to section 26 which discusses the IRS and see how far section 12 gets you there. 

Who is taking a check anyway? Did you mean this to be a joke or are you actually serious. 'The BIG lottery check' isn't a real check. You can't take it to a bank to cash it. It's for entertainment purposes only. They wire the money into your bank account and they withold 25% before they even do that. I suppose it's possible you can get a physical check, but if they do, they'll cut you a check already minus the 25%. If you've ever worked a non-contract job you should already be aware of this concept. 

But I still have to partly believe you wrote this in jest and not in any sort of seriousness. You could not have been serious. If you were, then be prepared to get arrested for tax evasion and have the money (plus penalties) seized any way.

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Sep 16, 2013

lol Maybe I'll stir in some Rum, Cheers

Now your talking sister...Cheers

I hope you are safe Artist77

Thanks All!  I am home from work now. That is about 3.5 miles from where I work...I work in NW, that is SE. I come through the Pentagon on the way home (and in the morning) and take a bus there or from there and they were on full alert while ago. The Pentagon has a major bus commuting area with hundreds or thousands of buses a day going through there.

Hopefully it was just one guy and they got him. At the Pentagon they would have got him much sooner. They killed a guy there in 2010 who starting shooting at a security checkpoint (about 10 yards from where I catch my bus).

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 16, 2013

Thanks All!  I am home from work now. That is about 3.5 miles from where I work...I work in NW, that is SE. I come through the Pentagon on the way home (and in the morning) and take a bus there or from there and they were on full alert while ago. The Pentagon has a major bus commuting area with hundreds or thousands of buses a day going through there.

Hopefully it was just one guy and they got him. At the Pentagon they would have got him much sooner. They killed a guy there in 2010 who starting shooting at a security checkpoint (about 10 yards from where I catch my bus).

Glad you're safe, Artist.

Be careful...

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

RE: Tax Evasion etc.  You'd better believe the Federal Reserve (Not Federal at all, owned by PRIVATE memeber banks...) and the US Treasury will get theirs.  They are like the ultimate Mob Bosses the way they have enslaved us all to their monetary systems around the globe.

megan81's avatarmegan81

Glad you're OK and home safe. Dang, this is all so crazy!

megan81's avatarmegan81

Thanks, golfer1960! Maybe, based on the amount of winnings from NJ lately, we will continue this winning streak! Good luck to you!

Quote: Originally posted by megan81 on Sep 16, 2013

Glad you're OK and home safe. Dang, this is all so crazy!

Thanks Megan. DC draws all the nuts and crazies, especially since 9-11.

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Sep 16, 2013

OMFG! Just pay the taxes and stop your nonsense. You aren't going to get around paying taxes by writing a rant on the back of the check. Do you really think that's how taxation works? 12 USC 411 doesn't even have anything to do with taxes, it only has to do with the access to and redemption of 'lawful money'. Redeeming money has nothing to do with not having to pay taxes on it. Go to section 26 which discusses the IRS and see how far section 12 gets you there. 

Who is taking a check anyway? Did you mean this to be a joke or are you actually serious. 'The BIG lottery check' isn't a real check. You can't take it to a bank to cash it. It's for entertainment purposes only. They wire the money into your bank account and they withold 25% before they even do that. I suppose it's possible you can get a physical check, but if they do, they'll cut you a check already minus the 25%. If you've ever worked a non-contract job you should already be aware of this concept. 

But I still have to partly believe you wrote this in jest and not in any sort of seriousness. You could not have been serious. If you were, then be prepared to get arrested for tax evasion and have the money (plus penalties) seized any way.

lol  No one has ever won on these bizarre interpretations. I guess he/she wants to dance with big bubba or big bertha in prison.

IamTheWinner

first attempt>>Last night i stay up until 3:30 am, then i drove the car to buy PB tickets. The clerk said the system was closed.

second attempt >>This morning i went to Maryland. I went to 2 stores, those 2 stores didn't sell the lottery. ( i was walking 2 miles for nothing)

third attempt >>I came back to Virginia, and i went back to the first store to buy PB tickets.

Finally, i get the winning ticket number there. White Bounce

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

I Agree!, Artist77, I'm going to do the same and double my usual tickets purchased, now buying two tickets ... it's a huge jackpot and merits such action for me!

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Sep 15, 2013

Time to pay a visit to THRIFTY. Got two tickets with pplay already. HAVE FUN Y'ALL.

I'm also going to be buying the powerplay option add-on to both of my Powerball tickets! Banana

Quote: Originally posted by HaveABall on Sep 16, 2013

I Agree!, Artist77, I'm going to do the same and double my usual tickets purchased, now buying two tickets ... it's a huge jackpot and merits such action for me!

I think Thrifty might agree with two tickets. lol

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

banderabanderadays

jacobswellswim

viewview2

milkyway

the outdoor photos are definitely beautiful, i love road trips and enjoying the beauty of nature.  that's what i'd do, besides travel abroad, i 'd take a 50 state road trip with a couple of my buds in a nice RV!

adamc224

Quote: Originally posted by In3D30 on Sep 15, 2013

This may have already been answered... the government bond yields are higher than in 2012 and early 2013. The higher the bond yield, the less cash is needed for a larger payout over 20-30 years; if this was May 2013 the actual annuity value would be 370 million... 61% of the annuity would be cash, because bond yields were less. I think and I am probably going to jinks myself by saying this but it will roll again possibly twice. Most people never pay attention to the cash value they only see the annuity. and right now the cash value is around 56%... it's amazing what a 5% difference would do to a cash value of 300 million+. For example the 590 Million jackpot won in May had a cash payout of 370 million divide that by current rates .559 and it would be 661 million which on paper would beat Mega Millions advertised jackpot by 5 million.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

ARTIST77,

Glad you're OK.

geerod2001,

A guy named Irwin Schiff had people going around the country teaching the same kind of tax info. you posted. I'm not sure if he's still in the joint or not but that's where he went. It would be ridiculous to risk losing a jackpot by such a tax ploy. Don't forget the difference betwen tax avoidance and tax evasion - about 5 to 15 years. I'm with Teddi on this, not sure you were serious, but if so going the sovereign citizen route when hitting a jackpot isn't a real good idea!

armin5683,

One example of lotto math is simply not carrying totals over in addition.

Regular

+  329

________

=  485

Lotto math:

+ 329

________

= 475

NYCDaFuture

God Wiling I will win the Powerball, MegaMillion and Take 5 this week or in weeks to come.. If not now hope some1 here who really needs it will win..

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

If it was a perfectly circular 500 acres you could stand in the center and think about how buying 3 more acres would have let you keep your nearest neighbor half a mile away until you invited them to visit.

Glad your ok Artist.

Quote: Originally posted by NYCDaFuture on Sep 17, 2013

God Wiling I will win the Powerball, MegaMillion and Take 5 this week or in weeks to come.. If not now hope some1 here who really needs it will win..

Good Luck to you Lep

sully16's avatarsully16

I was thinking about you, glad your okay

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by NYCDaFuture on Sep 17, 2013

Thanks! I really need it.

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by lottoguysocal on Sep 16, 2013

the outdoor photos are definitely beautiful, i love road trips and enjoying the beauty of nature.  that's what i'd do, besides travel abroad, i 'd take a 50 state road trip with a couple of my buds in a nice RV!

That sounds really great {lottoguy}...Ice cold buds and a road trip.. I need to get off this island in the Bronx..Best of luck to everyone.

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Sep 17, 2013

That sounds really great {lottoguy}...Ice cold buds and a road trip.. I need to get off this island in the Bronx..Best of luck to everyone.

I just was reading that  Bil Gates is worth 72 Billion ....Thats 72 billion...so this would be like a little poker game for him to win...PartyUS FlagParty

I was wondering if they were going to raise the jackpot before the drawing again or if $400 million is going to be the final jackpot amount.-weshar75

US Flag

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

A very crazy Lotto Tuesday-Wednesday. The investment: two PB tickets with PP, two MM with MP, five Ohio Classic Lotto (46.4 mil), one Mich. 47 (1.75 mil). And for kicks an Ohio Rolling Cash (5 numbers, $130,000). Also in 30-person MM work pool...(did the math--bit over 2 mil each after taxes at current JP).

If everything rolls to the weekend...Drum

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Sep 17, 2013

I was wondering if they were going to raise the jackpot before the drawing again or if $400 million is going to be the final jackpot amount.-weshar75

US Flag

Thumbs Up

Piaceri

Road trip! With this win, you could hire a driver to do the driving of your $1m RV while you party in the back! Woo hooooo! Par-tayyyy! Party

lmao, oh there will always be room for the ice cold buds, nothing wrong with a change of scenery from the bronx.  actually New York would be the place i'd spend a little more time, to see the city and upstate, hear it's totally different between the two

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Sep 17, 2013

Road trip! With this win, you could hire a driver to do the driving of your $1m RV while you party in the back! Woo hooooo! Par-tayyyy! Party

Oh yes indeed, the party would definitely be in the RV!  Probably only sleep when the body finally said it can't handle any more, but then i'd be back up 5 hours later.  I know it's not the ideal amount of rest but how would i be able to rest when I have so much things to do and see.

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Sep 17, 2013

US Flag

maybe a push to 425 at drawing

How I hope that many players can hit 5 of 6 so that they can walk away with a minimum of $1M pretax. The second prize does not cut into the jp money, does it?

maximumfun's avatarmaximumfun

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 15, 2013

I hope that there are 10 winners.  what a delicious situation for all those who 'poo-poo' the beginning jackpots.

GambleToRamble

Quote: Originally posted by veganlife125 on Sep 15, 2013

Gordon Gekko

With all due respect to veganlife125 for bringing up one of my favorite quotes, it begins:

"...I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. "

And back in the '80s, $400k was worth a lot more than today. 

But at a net (after tax) lump sum of about $135 million (if it does not increase from the $400 million jackpot), earning only a safe 1.5% would get you a bit over $2 million per year.  If you can invest better than that (and hopefully I can), gravy!!!  Here's to being "a player"!!!

Thanks, Piaceri, for the land link.  I'm all in for a Texas win!

Now how to keep such a big win a secret (even from family - other than wife), yet still be able to enjoy it???....  Cover story, cover story, hmmm...

Teddi's avatarTeddi

I just was reading that  Bil Gates is worth 72 Billion ....Thats 72 billion...so this would be like a little poker game for him to win...PartyUS FlagParty

Paraphrasing Chris Rock, but if bill Gates woke up to a  net worth of $400 million, he'd jump out a window. 

How insane is that?

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Glad you are okay.

Six balls

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Sep 17, 2013

I hope that there are 10 winners.  what a delicious situation for all those who 'poo-poo' the beginning jackpots.

So, birthday/anniversary numbers? I can see it.

I'm in for $5 - bought one more than usual and then went halves on another with a friend. C'mon numbers! Mama wants new shoes to stimulate the economy.

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by Kee12 on Sep 15, 2013

I hope one of the LP members win this.  Let everyone rejoice here. Go ahead and make this website proud!

Thank you for hoping I get rich today.Big Grin

Simba774

Bill Gates wipes his butt with 400 million. But to us average folks any millions will be just fine.

kapla

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Sep 18, 2013

Bill Gates wipes his butt with 400 million. But to us average folks any millions will be just fine.

Or even JUST ONE MILLION........Thumbs Up

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

1 ticket

1 winner

it will drive the greed of envy crowd nuts Crazy

kyokushin187's avatarkyokushin187

No increase yet. Must not be that many folks getting pb fever like last time.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Sep 18, 2013

They over estimated the last time so maybe they did it again.  Either that or people are waiting for the jackpot to reach a half billions before buying extra tickets.

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 18, 2013

They over estimated the last time so maybe they did it again.  Either that or people are waiting for the jackpot to reach a half billions before buying extra tickets.

I got my ticket and I hope it does roll to half billionBig Grin

LottoMetro's avatarLottoMetro

No mania this time, although it looks like they are selling nearly 10 million more tickets than projected. Right now the jackpot stands at $404 million. If it rolls it will go to $550 million.

Tatototman65's avatarTatototman65

Maybe we've had too many recent 'record breaking' jackpots for the average citizen to really get excited anymore.

Smile

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by GambleToRamble on Sep 17, 2013

With all due respect to veganlife125 for bringing up one of my favorite quotes, it begins:

"...I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. "

And back in the '80s, $400k was worth a lot more than today. 

But at a net (after tax) lump sum of about $135 million (if it does not increase from the $400 million jackpot), earning only a safe 1.5% would get you a bit over $2 million per year.  If you can invest better than that (and hopefully I can), gravy!!!  Here's to being "a player"!!!

Thanks, Piaceri, for the land link.  I'm all in for a Texas win!

Now how to keep such a big win a secret (even from family - other than wife), yet still be able to enjoy it???....  Cover story, cover story, hmmm...

You're welcome Gamble. It's one of my fave land websites. Quite a variety across the state offered on there. 

Can't keep something like that secret from family. With this size JP, you're certainly not going to continue as a working stiff. If you spend it, they will notice. Unless you don't accumulate anything. If you go on trips more than before, they notice. However, if you go to someplace like Vegas and just blow it on gambling and overpriced live shows, they may not know. You could always tell them you are in hock up to your eyeballs. Wink

Forgot to add:

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

The lines at the lottery counters Ewers at least 10 people deep at three places tonight.   Just stopped in to see the "frenzy".   Saturday would be the huge one, with the traditional Friday payday.

megan81's avatarmegan81

I may stay up past 11pm tonight to see that I've won. Todd, you will get an exclusive interview! (How are you all linking people's profiles to your post? I tried the @ sign, like on other social media sites, but it didn't work)

Simba774

The actual JP is over 400 million.  Everytime there is a winner, PB posts the actual amount on their website.

IamTheWinner

in this jackpot i spent over $200.

IamTheWinner

Congratulation to the winners tonight.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Every once in a while I hear a person say " That jackpot is too much for one person to win. " That's what I call a self-centered thinking person. I would love to win this Powerball game. I could think of a whole lot of charities I could give to! Wow, over $400 million. Bring it on!

hsg2000

It got stuck at $400 M and it did not move up

I thought it maybe about $420M by now!!!!

Jester Hat Hat Thinking of...   US Flag

IamTheWinner

Snow Queen Powerball Winner.

Guessing someone will hit. Our #s were close 2night.

Toronto

Looks like slightly lower than expected sales, lowered the estimated jackpot

With alls those low numbers someone won at least one winner.-weshar75

US Flag

Toronto

I'm going to guess based on estimating tickets sold that there's ~51.7% chance of a rollover. That's based on the difference between the last run-up to 448 million and this jackpot - the difference from the previous drawing's prize (in each respective run-up) and at a 64.5% prize to total sales. About 115.5M tickets sold, or $231M.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 18, 2013

Looks like I was right, the revised jackpot was posted as $399.4/$223.3 cash.  Now we'll just has to wait to see if it rolled to an estimated half billion dollars.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Sep 18, 2013

With alls those low numbers someone won at least one winner.-weshar75

US Flag

Yep, those numbers sucked. Much too low. And there's going to be a whole lot of millionaires from the second tier as well. Would have liked to have seen a rollover, but oh well. Maybe next time. Maybe MegaMillions

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Instead of going up, it went down. Definitely not as many sales as they anticipated. Perhaps the diehard lottery players are broke from spending all their money on the 2 huge jackpots earlier this year. I had really expected it to have been bumped to $425 million at least

keepitreal

I hope it go up. It look like someone won. I hope it a group of people together. So alot of peoples will get alot of money. Not just one person. That to much for one person to win. If I win or know some one that did. I would help so many peoples. We will see because we still have Mega Millions.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by keepitreal on Sep 18, 2013

I hope it go up. It look like someone won. I hope it a group of people together. So alot of peoples will get alot of money. Not just one person. That to much for one person to win. If I win or know some one that did. I would help so many peoples. We will see because we still have Mega Millions.

You should build a new Opera House in Detroit with the money if you win.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Winner in South Carolina

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by keepitreal on Sep 18, 2013

Who exactly determines how much is too much for one person to have? Utterly ridiculous statement. 

Here's hoping it was one single person who won.

Piaceri

Yep, single ticket winner. Hope it was one person!

Got skunked myself. Work pool got $15. Guess we'll buy MM for Friday.

keepitreal

Someone from LotteryPost won and from South Carolina.

NJ always has their foot in the door almost every draw.What?

Toronto

Only 90M tickets sold! Way below my estimate. There was a ~60% chance of a rollover :(

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Sep 18, 2013

Yep, those numbers sucked. Much too low. And there's going to be a whole lot of millionaires from the second tier as well. Would have liked to have seen a rollover, but oh well. Maybe next time. Maybe MegaMillions

Maybe next time. Maybe MegaMillionsI Agree!

Eliteplague

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Sep 19, 2013

Maybe next time. Maybe MegaMillionsI Agree!

Maybe, maybe it's maybeline.

Simba774

I actually thought I had a chance yesterday because I bought ticket right before the machine went down.  Right after the clerk printed the ticket the machine went down. Silly girl.

jamella724

Ever since the jackpot prize surges in a huge amount I always purchase 2 to 3 tickets to increase my chance in winning. I'm glad that the lottery software that I am using helps me to a good combination of numbers. I have no doubt soon I will be able to hit this huge jackpot prize too.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story