Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you react seeing your numbers on the screen?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Uff Da!.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Marana AZ
United States
Member #145341
August 3, 2013
178 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2013, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I'd say "Woo Hoo!" and then doublecheck the numbers the following morning at a different source.

I know how the opposite feels. I had a dream back in the mid-80s when I lived in Maryland that told me to buy two tickets with specific numbers for the Lotto drawing that day. I didn't buy those tickets, and when I saw the numbers drawn that evening, I was just sick. There was one other winner so I would have won 2/3rds of the prize. It still bothers me almost 30 years later.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Member #116101
    September 4, 2011
    4033 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I know I wont be able to sleep Bed

Jack-in-the-Box

"You have to be in it to win it!"

United States
      Member #6570
      August 28, 2004
      36 Posts
      Posted: September 21, 2013, 5:39 am - IP Logged

Im going to sound so extreme that people will think im a little paranoid obsessed

1)I have a "Passport" Lanyard/Necklace fireproof metal case on a very very thick chain, When I wear this thing around my neck Im reminded of all those movies where they have a metal briefcase handuffed to the hand of the target lol hahahha. The lotto ticket would be very very close to my heart.

2) There are dozens of hotels around the lottery office that have very expensive rooms that are always available. I have an empty credit card ready to spend a week there. All those phone numbers are saved on my phone.

3) I have a Bug Out Bag for emergencies, I can be out the door and on the road minutes after I realized I won!

4) After spending the night and then turing in my ticket, I would I hit the airport right away and fly to a secret destination and lay low for awhile. I also have this all planned out.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19817 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2013, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Im going to sound so extreme that people will think im a little paranoid obsessed

1)I have a "Passport" Lanyard/Necklace fireproof metal case on a very very thick chain, When I wear this thing around my neck Im reminded of all those movies where they have a metal briefcase handuffed to the hand of the target lol hahahha. The lotto ticket would be very very close to my heart.

2) There are dozens of hotels around the lottery office that have very expensive rooms that are always available. I have an empty credit card ready to spend a week there. All those phone numbers are saved on my phone.

3) I have a Bug Out Bag for emergencies, I can be out the door and on the road minutes after I realized I won!

4) After spending the night and then turing in my ticket, I would I hit the airport right away and fly to a secret destination and lay low for awhile. I also have this all planned out.

Nice idea Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
          Nova Scotia
          Canada
          Member #9934
          December 27, 2004
          884 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2013, 9:08 am - IP Logged

I would like to see my numbers show up, I'd love that, I'd be thinking finally I am getting somewhere with the lottery;

then I would thank God, and the lottery god's and my guardian angel's for helping me, also I would thank my deceased mother and father, for being with me and supporting me; I feel them around me daily..

Then i would jump up and down, or do a happy dance..

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Rochester
            United States
            Member #103282
            January 1, 2011
            603 Posts
            Posted: September 21, 2013, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I would do the same as NYDebbie.See Ya!

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              rekjavik
              Iceland
              Member #99537
              October 27, 2010
              177 Posts
              Posted: September 21, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I would calmly sit back and say "Finally"

have a celebratory drink, just be alone with my thoughts and then start planing.

I will not cheer nor jump for joy until the cash is in my accounts.

Then GAME ON.Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Kee12's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                I rep CA
                Senegal
                Member #144812
                July 17, 2013
                76 Posts
                Posted: September 21, 2013, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Since I'm not always awake when PB and MM are drawn, the first thing I always do after waking up is check USA mega. Once I have checked and discovered I matched all the numbers, I will go straight to either the PB website or the MM column on the same pb website and look out for the winning numbers as well as what's displayed ontop the page that says "there was one jackpot winner......." and make sure it's displaying California. After that, I will tell my fiancee to sign the ticket immediately, and then plans will begin. It's going to be shocking and ecstatic at the same time.

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender...I C U when U get there - Coolio

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                  Columbus, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #128906
                  June 5, 2012
                  591 Posts
                  Posted: September 21, 2013, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I would say "I finally did it" and wake my wife up... then I'll probably be up for the rest of the night

New York
                    United States
                    Member #147110
                    September 21, 2013
                    3 Posts
                    Posted: September 21, 2013, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I just wait to see if theres a news van in front my local deli then ill automatically assume its me. lol Banana Wouldnt be able to sleep know someone won my lottery...Mad

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: September 21, 2013, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see my numbers show up, I'd love that, I'd be thinking finally I am getting somewhere with the lottery;

then I would thank God, and the lottery god's and my guardian angel's for helping me, also I would thank my deceased mother and father, for being with me and supporting me; I feel them around me daily..

Then i would jump up and down, or do a happy dance..

Blue Angel

Let it Snow Snowman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: September 21, 2013, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

How would you react seeing your numbers on the screen?

Like this:

Scared       Thud      White Bounce

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                          Washington State
                          United States
                          Member #33973
                          February 26, 2006
                          347 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

For any prize more than a few million dollars:  I would check and re-check the numbers and my tickets.  Since I most frequently check the numbers on the computer when I awaken in the middle of the night, I assume my partner would be sleeping.  So I'd remain quiet as I contemplated how to break the news to him in some kind of celebratory gesture.  He has said that he thinks I'd be one to scream and hollar and tell everyone I knew that I'd won.  Of course, I'd want to prove him wrong because I see myself as just the opposite.  I might offer to take him out to a fancy lunch at a location about 100 miles from here and inform him in that exquisite setting a couple of days or even a week after I learned of my win.  In the meantime I'd have placed the original ticket in my bank safe deposit box.

I would tell no one else until I talked to an attorney and planned out how I'd go about claiming the prize under a trust or a corporation.  I would NOT have signed the ticket with my own name.  I'm thinking that if I choose an attorney from a metropolitan area about 100 miles from home that the trust or corporation that claims the prize would have an address of that city instead of the small town where I actually live so the public might not know where to come looking for me, but I'd have to check on how that is handled in my state. After discussing a number of ideas with the attorney, I'd inform the many relatives who would be included in the trust as there are many issues that would need to be clarified before the trust was actually formed.  Because of the complexity of what I envision, it would likely be a a couple of months before I was ready to have the attorney claim the prize for me.