Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I was given 2 draws for Megamillions what does this mean?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2013, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Hello,

This morning at the supermarket I asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier. The woman at the customer service desk was upset because she wasn't ready to open (even though it was 5 minutes after 8:00 and they are supposed to open the customer service desk at 8). Anyway what I ended up with was a ticket with one set of numbers for MM that said 2 draws tues Sept. 24th thru Fri Sept. 27th. I've never done a ticket like this before. The woman who gave me my ticket did not hear me correctly or just didn't want to hear me. Anyway does this mean that the one set of numbers is good for both todays draw and friday's draw? Sorry if everyone else knows what this means but me, lol. I've never had a problem with somebody not understanding what I meant when I've asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier before. If I win something tonight should I just wait for friday's draw as well with these numbers on my ticket?

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1723 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2013, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I believe both sets of numbers are for today and the next draw on Sept. 27 .

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3857 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2013, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Yes, the ticket is good for tonight and Friday night, I always get mine this way B/c I only buy once a week.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Seems like you are in it for two draws good luck shyThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

This morning at the supermarket I asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier. The woman at the customer service desk was upset because she wasn't ready to open (even though it was 5 minutes after 8:00 and they are supposed to open the customer service desk at 8). Anyway what I ended up with was a ticket with one set of numbers for MM that said 2 draws tues Sept. 24th thru Fri Sept. 27th. I've never done a ticket like this before. The woman who gave me my ticket did not hear me correctly or just didn't want to hear me. Anyway does this mean that the one set of numbers is good for both todays draw and friday's draw? Sorry if everyone else knows what this means but me, lol. I've never had a problem with somebody not understanding what I meant when I've asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier before. If I win something tonight should I just wait for friday's draw as well with these numbers on my ticket?

"I've never had a problem with somebody not understanding what I meant when I've asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier before."

On Sunday it took me four tries before the clerk finally printed the tickets I asked for. We think the person running a lottery terminal understands what they are doing, but some can't even make the simple transactions. I've ask for five MM tickets and they will print five PB tickets. I usually play a pick-4 number multiple times straight and box on separate tickets; three separate tickets with the number straight for $1 and three separate tickets with the number box for a $1. Some clerks know exactly what I want, but some think I'm speaking Chinese.

If you win something on a multi-draw ticket, you can cash it before the last drawing and they will print you an exchange ticket for the remaining drawings.

Kee12's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            I rep CA
            Senegal
            Member #144812
            July 17, 2013
            76 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

"I've never had a problem with somebody not understanding what I meant when I've asked for 2 megamillions tickets with the multiplier before."

On Sunday it took me four tries before the clerk finally printed the tickets I asked for. We think the person running a lottery terminal understands what they are doing, but some can't even make the simple transactions. I've ask for five MM tickets and they will print five PB tickets. I usually play a pick-4 number multiple times straight and box on separate tickets; three separate tickets with the number straight for $1 and three separate tickets with the number box for a $1. Some clerks know exactly what I want, but some think I'm speaking Chinese.

If you win something on a multi-draw ticket, you can cash it before the last drawing and they will print you an exchange ticket for the remaining drawings.

In July 2nd of this year, It happened to us, we wanted a $1 MM ticket but the clerk printed $20 worth with one single set of numbers for 20 consecutive draws -  it was disappointing but we accepted it reluctantly as we felt it might be a blessing in disguise somehow due to others' experiences . Unfortunately, the ticket only won $4 throughout that 20 draws.

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender...I C U when U get there - Coolio

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

Next time I'd just fill out a playslip...I don't know why but when you ask for more than two actions for lottery draws they screw it up...I keep handfuls of playslips at the house and if i want a mulitplier or consec draws I'll fill one out and just do that...it's easier

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19964 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Next time I'd just fill out a playslip...I don't know why but when you ask for more than two actions for lottery draws they screw it up...I keep handfuls of playslips at the house and if i want a mulitplier or consec draws I'll fill one out and just do that...it's easier

I Agree! you sure got that right

Let it Snow Snowman

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7344 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

In July 2nd of this year, It happened to us, we wanted a $1 MM ticket but the clerk printed $20 worth with one single set of numbers for 20 consecutive draws -  it was disappointing but we accepted it reluctantly as we felt it might be a blessing in disguise somehow due to others' experiences . Unfortunately, the ticket only won $4 throughout that 20 draws.

Almost the same thing happened to me when I asked 5 QPs, put a five dollar bill on the counter and the total showed $100. It was the store owner and he knew it was his mistake, but lots of clerks making the same mistake will tell the costumer that's what they asked for.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I buy advanced tickets as often as possible. This helps me avoid having more than one ticket for each drawing and also staying away from the stores (yay!). Some people get tired with a particular numbers and need to change them every draw. Not me.

From the ticket below, the numbers will expire tomorrow night after the drawing. I hope I hit something.

That money's gone fo ever

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7344 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

When Ohio started selling MM tickets, all sales were final and I handed a clerk a play slip with five combinations I picked. The total came out to be $75 with none of the combos from the play slip. Have no idea of what happened, but I wasn't buying their mistakes. Took the same play slip to another store and got exactly what I wanted and handed the clerk $5.

It sounds simple enough filling out one QP line with megaplier on a play slip, but no different than asking for one QP with megaplier. If the terminals are that complicated, the lotteries should allow clerks to cancel the tickets.

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I dont know if it's complication or the clerks not listening to their buyers, here at the stores where I live they ask if you want the $1 ticket or the $2 ticket no matter what you tell them...so like I said if you got two or more actions you want on a ticket, just fill out a playslip

Marana AZ
                          United States
                          Member #145341
                          August 3, 2013
                          179 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I dont know if it's complication or the clerks not listening to their buyers, here at the stores where I live they ask if you want the $1 ticket or the $2 ticket no matter what you tell them...so like I said if you got two or more actions you want on a ticket, just fill out a playslip

Clerks can screw up with playslips, too. I filled one out carefully with 3 lines and somehow the clerk printed a ticket for 8 draws for a total of $24. I called the manager over and showed her the multidraw section on the playslip had absolutely no checkmark on it. It was definitely the clerk's error.

From then on I stayed away from new clerks and those I don't recognize and only buy from those I trust even if I have to wait for them or interrupt them from something else they're doing.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19964 Posts
                            Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I buy advanced tickets as often as possible. This helps me avoid having more than one ticket for each drawing and also staying away from the stores (yay!). Some people get tired with a particular numbers and need to change them every draw. Not me.

From the ticket below, the numbers will expire tomorrow night after the drawing. I hope I hit something.

I Agree! that is the best way to PLAY! 

Good LuckLep

Let it Snow Snowman

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2013, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I Agree! that is the best way to PLAY! 

Good LuckLep

The best way is to play online, but only a few states offer it. The could use a program like LP uses for predictions, which is almost fool proof. In my state we could bet $1000 on a horse race online, but must drive to the nearest store to buy a lottery ticket. The technology is there, they should use it.