Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lucky 7 Premieres Tonight on ABC!

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Anfang71.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3459 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2013, 9:36 am - IP Logged

The new tv show about a group of lottery winners will premiere tonight at 10:00 on ABC. I watch anything and everything abouy the lottery, but I got a feeling the show only last for a few episodes. NBC had a show called Windfall with the same premise and it got cancelled after 13 episodes. I think the reason these type of shows don't work because it is fiction. The lottery changed my life is better because it is actual lottery winners telling their stories. I will watch the first episode tonight:

After years of chipping into a lottery pool, seven gas station employees are changed as their dream comes true.

Guess Who's Back?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2013, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Cool thanks winThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

It's up against Person of Interest.  There's no way I'll be watching it.  Hat

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
        Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        591 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

It's up against Person of Interest.  There's no way I'll be watching it.  Hat

LOL Im DVRing the both of them...I hate trying to watch a high action show like P.O.I. and having to wait thru commercials...Nah I do like I did with Burn Notice record it watch it the next day and just plow thru the commercials

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19754 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

The new tv show about a group of lottery winners will premiere tonight at 10:00 on ABC. I watch anything and everything abouy the lottery, but I got a feeling the show only last for a few episodes. NBC had a show called Windfall with the same premise and it got cancelled after 13 episodes. I think the reason these type of shows don't work because it is fiction. The lottery changed my life is better because it is actual lottery winners telling their stories. I will watch the first episode tonight:

After years of chipping into a lottery pool, seven gas station employees are changed as their dream comes true.

that's great news Hyperi wait long time to see this

Thank you

Let it Snow Snowman

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
              Jacksonville Florida
              United States
              Member #23018
              October 6, 2005
              915 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would rather have a show based on real life situations (as real as it could be - considering much of the "reality TV show "category is not really unscripted and unedited). I also think this will be a short lived series. Sometimes you never know what show will become the next hit though. Look at Duck Dynasty. I never would have thought that show would have lasted or would have become a ratings bonanza for cable tv. Whenever I see a commercial for Duck Dynasty, for some reason rdgrnr comes to mindSmiley

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19754 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would rather have a show based on real life situations (as real as it could be - considering much of the "reality TV show "category is not really unscripted and unedited). I also think this will be a short lived series. Sometimes you never know what show will become the next hit though. Look at Duck Dynasty. I never would have thought that show would have lasted or would have become a ratings bonanza for cable tv. Whenever I see a commercial for Duck Dynasty, for some reason rdgrnr comes to mindSmiley

LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2013, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

prolly will last 2 to 4 episodes before gettin' the axe

"You have to be in it to win it!"

United States
                    Member #106134
                    February 13, 2011
                    806 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2013, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Yep, anything fictional on TV just does not last.  Now, if it were a reality show, it would probably last as long as American Idol.

People in America just can't wrap their heads around fiction/fantasy anymore, everything has to be "real"

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #61435
                      May 22, 2008
                      906 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Yep, anything fictional on TV just does not last.  Now, if it were a reality show, it would probably last as long as American Idol.

People in America just can't wrap their heads around fiction/fantasy anymore, everything has to be "real"

Whats funny about your statement is that "Reality" shows are heavily choreographed to get the best TV moments.  Remember ratings equal more $$$$$ so the networks do anything and everything to boost ratings.  Always, let me repeat... always follow the money.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1129 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

I work in reality television and there is very little 'reality' to it, other than real places instead of sets and real people instead of actors reading lines. The producers don't tell the people exactly what to say, but they do tell them what to talk about (prompts, suggestions, etc). Also, scenarios are often shot multiple times to get the best effect. There are times where emotions like 'surprise' are authentic but it is extremely rare for any genuine emotions to come up because you've got these big cameras in your face. In other words, it's all for show.

Lottery Changed My Life is more biographical than this series would be....and people like that. People like people they can relate to. That's why reality TV is popular. Seemingly 'ordinary' people having extraordinary events or opportunities.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4786 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

hmmm With hits like "Grimm" and many other fiction shows, not sure what you are talking about here.

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Alot of these reality shows are scripted, so they might as well be fiction anyways...but to prove that there are some really good fiction shows on here's a few of my favs...

Burn Notice

Person of intrest

Royal pains

All the Law and Orders

C.S.I.

N.C.I.S (both of them)

Rizzoli and Isles

Major Crimes

I could go on and on but these are some of the highest rated fiction shows on t.v...with the exception of Burn notice which just ended their series

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4786 Posts
                              Posted: September 24, 2013, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I think Ridge is the Exec. Producer for Duck Dynasty.

J'aime La France.