Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just how good are LP predictors?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by str8ca$hhomie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19903 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2013, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

With MegaMillions at $160M and the matrix changing in a few weeks, I was thinking about going all out to try and win it before that happens. 

I was thinking about playing more than my usually well thought out combinations that usually win nothing but where could I get more combinations that someone had taken the time to think about as much as I had was the problem.  Maybe I should try the LP prediction board but on closer review I found that all those predictions hadn't done much better either so it's back to the drawing board for a better plan.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19964 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you have it all figured out, Good Luck Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1732 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2013, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Just put some numbers together and check to see if your set of numbers have come out yet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Just put some numbers together and check to see if your set of numbers have come out yet.

I usually do that with the 10 or so lines I play along with keeping the sums of the five numbers bewteen 96 and 184 and making sure there are no gaps between the numbers or the sorted combinations larger than 25.

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #141260
          April 9, 2013
          1390 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

As good as a steve player rbert walsh system.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

With MegaMillions at $160M and the matrix changing in a few weeks, I was thinking about going all out to try and win it before that happens. 

I was thinking about playing more than my usually well thought out combinations that usually win nothing but where could I get more combinations that someone had taken the time to think about as much as I had was the problem.  Maybe I should try the LP prediction board but on closer review I found that all those predictions hadn't done much better either so it's back to the drawing board for a better plan.

I have always wanted to throw in $100 all at once for 100 MM tickets and see what would happen. Chances are I would lose most of it but still I wonder what if - the question that has carried man from stone age to space age.

On the predictions board, most people average about 50% success rate on their predictions. Its worse in real life.

That money's gone fo ever

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19964 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I have always wanted to throw in $100 all at once for 100 MM tickets and see what would happen. Chances are I would lose most of it but still I wonder what if - the question that has carried man from stone age to space age.

On the predictions board, most people average about 50% success rate on their predictions. Its worse in real life.

I Agree! I have also wanted to try that i have some pretty good wheels it would cost $372.00 to play them all everytime, but i been to chicken to let go that kinda money on a IF but then again what IF they WINBanana

Let it Snow Snowman

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7344 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

The LP prediction statistics should be about the same as probability; one 3 + 1 match for every 13,781 predictions. I'll be looking at Maddog's MM Challenge statistics and find out which predictors are consistently matching the bonus number and which predictors are matching some of the other numbers. If anyone can pick one number and the correct bonus number, the odds of winning the jackpot are 341,055 to 1.

I'm not suggesting playing all those combinations or saying it's easy to do, but for $100 you're guaranteed matching 3 + 1 and winning something on every ticket by matching your key number and the bonus number you pick.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                  Happyland
                  United States
                  Member #146344
                  September 1, 2013
                  1131 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Playing $100 in 1 drawing would give you a 0.0000569114597006312% chance of winning.

Playing $1 in 100 drawings would give you a 0.0000569114440907015% chance of winning.

So going all in with a single drawing would improve your chances by a whopping 0.0000000000156099296755988%!!!

Jester

One time I dropped $150 on a state game and didn't win zip. Other times I have dropped $70 and doubled my money.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                  If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                  P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
                    Member #141260
                    April 9, 2013
                    1390 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Playing $100 in 1 drawing would give you a 0.0000569114597006312% chance of winning.

Playing $1 in 100 drawings would give you a 0.0000569114440907015% chance of winning.

So going all in with a single drawing would improve your chances by a whopping 0.0000000000156099296755988%!!!

Jester

One time I dropped $150 on a state game and didn't win zip. Other times I have dropped $70 and doubled my money.

Hey mathmatician. What if I play 72 $ on pick 3.  Whats my odds?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

If you want to have a go at it, then create a huge pool!
                      I once gathered around 350 euros for a x-mas lotto,
                      the payout was around 33%. You don't loose your pants with it.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1131 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey mathmatician. What if I play 72 $ on pick 3.  Whats my odds?

Assuming $1 bets your odds are 72 to 1000, or about 1 in 13.89

The probability of winning would be 7.2% versus about 6.95% playing 72 draws of $1 each.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10392 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2013, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Psyche out the lottery terminal.

Play a set of numbers in one game, mark too many numbers in the next game box on the playslip and void that one, play a quick pick in the next one.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #141260
                            April 9, 2013
                            1390 Posts
                            Posted: September 24, 2013, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Assuming $1 bets your odds are 72 to 1000, or about 1 in 13.89

The probability of winning would be 7.2% versus about 6.95% playing 72 draws of $1 each.

Thanks

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2013, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

All those LP predictions for last night's MM drawing and the best win was a 1+1 for $3.  I guess the answer to winning MM isn't playing all the LP predictions.

Evil Looking