Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery: A non-zero probability of deception?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Saylorgirl.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #147311
September 28, 2013
3 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2013, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

First time on this form. have issues with Lottery games here in Iowa. I'm thinking a long the lines that this system is corroupted seriously. woud you agree?

played for more then 30ty years. not one good pick or winning numbers.......

Wilmaone, it is more likely that we are simply dealing with impossible odds rather than an organized conspiracy when it comes to Power Ball, Mega Millions, etc. Scratchers, on the other hand, are more likely to be tampered with since they have a saying on which roll the winning tickets end up in and where does it go to.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3964 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2013, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Before the drawing the lottery has to make sure all ticket sales are stopped.  Each

terminal has to reply to the main server that it has shut down.  If you think about

how many thousands of terminals it's a wonder that they are not shut down even

longer before the drawing.   It's kind of like waiting for your check once you win, the

lottery has to receive all the money from all the sales before they pay the winner.  All

in all I think it's exceptional that they manage it so quickly.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129225
      June 13, 2012
      546 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

In Indiana our terminals shut down an hour before the draw.  I think each state sets up their own rules as to the time of cut-off.  However, I understand that they latest it can be is 15 minutes prior to the drawing.  Personally I think it is a good idea and I would be more afraid of collusion if the terminals stayed open until that second I think someone could profit off that system.