Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$20 Scratch Off Tickets

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #64582
September 1, 2008
347 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2013, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

This is a great thread! I was just thinking about this today! 

A brand new $20 scratcher came out three days ago: 2.93 odds. Makes me want to buy 3, but I'd probably lose more than if I bought only one.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

gra8*2win's avatar - spherewall
    williamson county
    United States
    Member #119081
    November 14, 2011
    2768 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2013, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I don't have alot of faith in scratch off tickets.......i believe the lottery knows that if someone were to buy a whole role that they should win

something, but to get 100% return, no......i just think it is designed that way.....finding that needle in a haystack is luck.  i don't like the odds.

But it would be fun to try.

Japan
      Member #131605
      August 14, 2012
      372 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2013, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I don't have alot of faith in scratch off tickets.......i believe the lottery knows that if someone were to buy a whole role that they should win

something, but to get 100% return, no......i just think it is designed that way.....finding that needle in a haystack is luck.  i don't like the odds.

Indeed.

I would love to just find the win x amount a week for life scratchers.

But...yeah...it's perhaps funny but I feel I could get a qp an win the PB or MM before I'd get a first prize scratcher. lol

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2013, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Most every store always sell all their rolls of scratch off tickets.  Now ask yourself how many big winners do they have per rolls sold?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22978 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2013, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I don't buy rolls but have seen results posted on the instant thread by some people that do...the finds aren't amazing and if you

get 1/2 back you're lucky. Imagine all the rolls out there..the prizes are out there too but you're taking a chance on a roll I believe

so why not just take a chance on a one out from different rolls from different stores. Same difference in my opinion.

I've done well with one outs from different places, just buy one of each off a roll of the $20's. And sure, the prizes are bigger because

the price is bigger. You might buy one and get double your money back which is $40. You might wind up with $100 which are much

more plentiful from the $20 games. The top prizes are also much higher. If you can play $20's, I'd suggest just those if you're

looking for a chance at a lot of money instantly. On the $5's they'll have the $100 prizes but you won't find them as often as you

do $5...for me, winning ticket cost is not winning..that's me. The best prizes do come from the $20's - $40, $50, $100, $200, $500,

$1,000 and up...if I had to compare all of them, that's where the money is, you just have to decide how to do it...buying a whole

pack or buying one here and there. I'm all for one here and there, it works for me.

I don't think I could stand buying a whole pack for $600 and winning less than 1/2...I would be kicking myself for abandoning my

winning method of spending $600 spread over a lot of places and winning more than 1/2 back ALWAYS.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Romancandle's avatar - moon
            Upacreek
            United States
            Member #136306
            December 8, 2012
            429 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2013, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

That's a better strategy IMO in terms of minimizing your losses at that $20 price point...

I agree dr65, I don't consider break even prizes at this level as "winning" per se... Even at this price point those $100 payouts were VERY few and far between for me.

But people do win big... I always wonder how much they had to lose to get there on averageDisapprove

No way I'd buy a whole roll... gotta have ice in your veins or lots of play $ for that Wink

-RC

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #100025
              November 4, 2010
              158 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

This sounds like a great idea dr65.. I like this strategy! Makes more sense

for sure. I do know the $20 scratchers seem to have higher payouts.. I think

the state knows that people expect to win more since they are paying more for

those tickets so maybe they better pay out! LOL   . I think too.. on a $20 scratch off ticket

there are 25 ways to win as opposed to 20 on a $10, I think 10 ways on a $5, 5 ways on a $1, etc.

Only one time have I ever won $20 on a $1 ticket and most often $1 tickets are a loser

so I don't even buy them anymore. Seems for a while I did better on the $2

tickets.. but then they too slowly became losers.. so like you say buy your $20

ticket from different retailers and tally up at the end the profit.  I will  certainly go

this route as opposed to one whole roll from one location. 

One thing I have also done  which seems to make a diff as well is I always try to buy roll ends..

like the last one or two tickets on a roll.  I won a $75 scratch off this way on a $10 cash for life

as well as a $200 win  $20 Diamond scratch off. 

So, maybe a tip to others on that one to try?

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this!

LM

See Ya!