Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Mega Millions Game

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 3 years ago by benjaminfrancis.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sixteen155
United States
Member #142038
April 30, 2013
9 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2013, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Heres the deal with the game right now the new mega millions games is basiclly losing money.

The lottery headquarters knows it will make up for the loss when the jackpot gets higher.

So it will be stupid too play the mega millions now because hey are cheating players.

If the game just changed whats the chances of their being a huge jackpot too advertise the new changes.

The mega millions is cheating players right now too get a huge jackpot and they are losing money

me personally i dont think alot of people is playing it but they know they will make up for 'the loss when the jackpot gets huge.

The game is rigged at this point save ur money till it get higher but even then its will be mega rigged my opinion.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2013, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Ahh....

Another "expert" on lotteries being "rigged".

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
      Member #146028
      August 22, 2013
      842 Posts
      Posted: October 27, 2013, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Ahh....

Another "expert" on lotteries being "rigged".

I don't think that Sixteen is saying that the Mega Millions lottery is rigged per se although I, myself, have been at times and will continue to be a staunch conspiracy theorist that is until THEY prove themselves otherwise. I think he/she is saying that the rigging occured in the changeover 1-56 to 1-75.

It occurred to me some time ago that the fair way to do things was to allow the numbers 1-56 to produce a Jackpot Winner specifically within that range and then make the changeover. Being a system's player I had my money invested in the lower range of numbers and not the higher range. THEY forced me,as well as others here to try to get a return on our investment by stupidly playing the higher range of numbers.

Thanks, but no thanks to Gary Grief, Executive Director Mega Millions Lottery

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20108 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2013, 9:40 am - IP Logged

And the " cow  " jumped over the " Moon ".

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
          Member #146028
          August 22, 2013
          842 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

And the " cow  " jumped over the " Moon ".

I concur!

There's no such thing FAIR if ever such a word existed.

It's the way of the World!

OUR LOSS.......THEIR GAIN!

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5591 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2013, 11:33 am - IP Logged

I don't think that Sixteen is saying that the Mega Millions lottery is rigged per se although I, myself, have been at times and will continue to be a staunch conspiracy theorist that is until THEY prove themselves otherwise. I think he/she is saying that the rigging occured in the changeover 1-56 to 1-75.

It occurred to me some time ago that the fair way to do things was to allow the numbers 1-56 to produce a Jackpot Winner specifically within that range and then make the changeover. Being a system's player I had my money invested in the lower range of numbers and not the higher range. THEY forced me,as well as others here to try to get a return on our investment by stupidly playing the higher range of numbers.

Thanks, but no thanks to Gary Grief, Executive Director Mega Millions Lottery

Gary Grief had nothing to do with the change in MM. That was decided way before he was elected to head NASPL. By the way, he is Executive Director of the Texas Lottery, not MM Lottery.

They can't just switch to the new matrix at a moments notice. It takes time to change the computers, terminals at the retail level, and the playslips. Plus the individual states have to go through the process of approving the changes in their rules.

Sit down, and think about it for a while, instead of crying "rig" because you don't like the changes. Time will tell if what they did works or not. When PB went to $2 a tic, some people thought it was a giant conspiracy....GREED! Whatever. Looks like they knew what they were doing after all.

This isn't to say I like everthing the lotteries do. I don't like the fact that Texas has 4 draws a day on some of their games. Nobody said we have to play all 4 draws a day. But I understand completely WHY they did it. Lotteries are trying to get creative in increasing revenue, and freshening the games. I see a lot of people think the lotteries are in business to let people make lots of money. Really the lotteries are in business to make the states lots of money. And they don't hide that fact. That's ok.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Heres the deal with the game right now the new mega millions games is basiclly losing money.

The lottery headquarters knows it will make up for the loss when the jackpot gets higher.

So it will be stupid too play the mega millions now because hey are cheating players.

If the game just changed whats the chances of their being a huge jackpot too advertise the new changes.

The mega millions is cheating players right now too get a huge jackpot and they are losing money

me personally i dont think alot of people is playing it but they know they will make up for 'the loss when the jackpot gets huge.

The game is rigged at this point save ur money till it get higher but even then its will be mega rigged my opinion.

If the patterns are good then I say play.

If there are "not enough system resources to display completely", then you might want to sit out.

I will be playing Mega Ball number 5, and going for the 4 +1 prize.  $5000

That is the only real decent prize worth striving for IMO.

United States
                Member #146028
                August 22, 2013
                842 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2013, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Gary Grief had nothing to do with the change in MM. That was decided way before he was elected to head NASPL. By the way, he is Executive Director of the Texas Lottery, not MM Lottery.

They can't just switch to the new matrix at a moments notice. It takes time to change the computers, terminals at the retail level, and the playslips. Plus the individual states have to go through the process of approving the changes in their rules.

Sit down, and think about it for a while, instead of crying "rig" because you don't like the changes. Time will tell if what they did works or not. When PB went to $2 a tic, some people thought it was a giant conspiracy....GREED! Whatever. Looks like they knew what they were doing after all.

This isn't to say I like everthing the lotteries do. I don't like the fact that Texas has 4 draws a day on some of their games. Nobody said we have to play all 4 draws a day. But I understand completely WHY they did it. Lotteries are trying to get creative in increasing revenue, and freshening the games. I see a lot of people think the lotteries are in business to let people make lots of money. Really the lotteries are in business to make the states lots of money. And they don't hide that fact. That's ok.

Easy there rcbbuckeye your fangs are showing.

I'll bet you didn't know that I knew that Gary Grief's affiliation is with the Texas Lottery. But he's the fall guy THEY chose to put out front and center stage while the rest of the administrators (?) @ the Mega Millions King(dumb) hid behind the curtain.

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5591 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Easy there rcbbuckeye your fangs are showing.

I'll bet you didn't know that I knew that Gary Grief's affiliation is with the Texas Lottery. But he's the fall guy THEY chose to put out front and center stage while the rest of the administrators (?) @ the Mega Millions King(dumb) hid behind the curtain.

No fangs. Just setting the facts straight. It gets tiresome seeing "rigged" all the time. The way I see it, no one, including Mr. Grief is putting a gun to anyone's head to play MM or PB.

Of course I know Grief is with the Texas Lottery. Read my post above. Texas Lottery pays him to run it. Fall guy? Really? Post your sources.

United States
                    Member #146028
                    August 22, 2013
                    842 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2013, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Never mind if the horse is blind.......just hitch up the wagon!-- John Madden, Former NFL Coach and Sports Analyst

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1496 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

The only problem I have with PB and MM is I think that the computer looks for the least played number sets in each drawing.  That's why I think there is only one winning ticket in most of winning lottery draws.  So, if you have a set of numbers that you play every week and say, 100 other people across the U.S. is playing the same set of numbers, I don't think that set of number will ever come out as the winning set of numbers.  I can't say that it is rigged, but it is not ramdom number drawing.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2013, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Here's how I see the new MegaMillions game as it pertains to winning a Jackpot:

When you buy a ticket, that ticket provides you with one chance to win the Jackpot and 258 million, 900 thousand chances to lose it.

Which means I'll be playing one less MegaMillions ticket and one more Powerball ticket, regardless of Jackpot size.

Winning the Powerball Jackpot is definitely a shot in the dark.

But winning the MegaMillions Jackpot has now become a shot in the dark with a big fat woman from Charlotte on your back with chitlins on her breath.

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5591 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

When you buy a ticket, that ticket provides you with one chance to win the Jackpot and 258 million, 900 thousand chances to lose it.

Which means I'll be playing one less MegaMillions ticket and one more Powerball ticket, regardless of Jackpot size.

But winning the MegaMillions Jackpot has now become a shot in the dark with a big fat woman from Charlotte on your back with chitlins on her breath.

Rdgrnr!!!

Where you been dude?

Oh yeah. It's hunting season.

Good to see you back posting.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                            Member #141034
                            April 2, 2013
                            1408 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2013, 8:30 am - IP Logged

There you go again ridge. Awesome as usual.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2013, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Rdgrnr!!!

Where you been dude?

Oh yeah. It's hunting season.

Good to see you back posting.

Thanks buckeye,

Yeah it's bow season plus I been tryin' to catch up on readin' some of these books I keep buyin'.

And I think I'm gettin' soft with the deer. There's so many hangin' around here all the time, they're gettin' to be like old friends. The dogs don't hardly even chase 'em anymore. Gettin' kinda hard to draw down on 'em sometimes. Gettin' soft in my old age I guess. 

But then I start thinkin' about that backstrap and the next thing you know all that old touchy-feely stuff goes out the window, heh,heh,heh.