Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Mega Millions Game

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 3 years ago by benjaminfrancis.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2013, 8:41 am - IP Logged

There you go again ridge. Awesome as usual.

Well, thank ya kindly, mypiemaster.  Big Smile

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7344 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

No fangs. Just setting the facts straight. It gets tiresome seeing "rigged" all the time. The way I see it, no one, including Mr. Grief is putting a gun to anyone's head to play MM or PB.

Of course I know Grief is with the Texas Lottery. Read my post above. Texas Lottery pays him to run it. Fall guy? Really? Post your sources.

Back in the day, the majority of LP posters understood why changes were made to some of the games and how to calculate simple odds. Now we have members who can't grasp the concept of creating a $1 million secondary prize and retaining the $1 ticket price. We can't buy one PB ticket for a $1 so if someone wants to compare odds it must be a comparison of two MM tickets to one PB ticket. 

"no one, including Mr. Grief is putting a gun to anyone's head to play MM or PB."

Maybe the lotteries really are a tax on the ignorant who are compelled to buy tickets when the jackpot is over $100 million. It doesn't have to be a gun to the head, but dreams about spending the winnings. It looks like they are compelled to say the games are rigged because they can't calculate the odds against one ticket winning anything.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Back in the day, the majority of LP posters understood why changes were made to some of the games and how to calculate simple odds. Now we have members who can't grasp the concept of creating a $1 million secondary prize and retaining the $1 ticket price. We can't buy one PB ticket for a $1 so if someone wants to compare odds it must be a comparison of two MM tickets to one PB ticket. 

"no one, including Mr. Grief is putting a gun to anyone's head to play MM or PB."

Maybe the lotteries really are a tax on the ignorant who are compelled to buy tickets when the jackpot is over $100 million. It doesn't have to be a gun to the head, but dreams about spending the winnings. It looks like they are compelled to say the games are rigged because they can't calculate the odds against one ticket winning anything.

Back in the day, many lottery players would stand in line for a chance at a $30-$50M jackpot.  Now that many states have those sizes jackpots with better odds of winning them than MM or PB, they would rather complain about games designed to produce half billion dollars jackpots being rigged or too hard to win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2013, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Back in the day, many lottery players would stand in line for a chance at a $30-$50M jackpot.  Now that many states have those sizes jackpots with better odds of winning them than MM or PB, they would rather complain about games designed to produce half billion dollars jackpots being rigged or too hard to win.

I always thought it was very difficult winning a 5/39 pick-5 jackpot so I never really thought of PB and MM as anything more than buying a couple tickets and getting a chance at winning millions type of games. Maybe I don't think it's rigged because I don't realistically expect to win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19903 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I always thought it was very difficult winning a 5/39 pick-5 jackpot so I never really thought of PB and MM as anything more than buying a couple tickets and getting a chance at winning millions type of games. Maybe I don't think it's rigged because I don't realistically expect to win.

I've never matched 5 in Ohio's Rolling Cash5(5/39) but it's usually won once or twice a week which make it seem easier to win than it is.  I don't play it very often because I don't like playing games that require daily tracking.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5767 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

That's probably it. No intelligent person realistically expects to win. The few who DO expect to win don't understand just what they are really up against..... so they scream rigged. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
              Member #143211
              May 27, 2013
              2020 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

And the " cow  " jumped over the " Moon ".

Lol

south shields
                United Kingdom
                Member #148322
                October 29, 2013
                3 Posts
                Posted: October 29, 2013, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Here's there new odds in winning the jackpot - smaller wins are easier now - but the overall odds in winning have almost increased by 1,00,000

5 numbers and the Mega BallWin or share the jackpot1 in 258,890,850
                5 numbers but not the Mega Ball$1,000,0001 in 18,492,204
                4 numbers and the Mega Ball$5,0001 in 739,688
                4 numbers but not the Mega Ball$5001 in 52,835
                3 numbers and the Mega Ball$501 in 10,720
                3 numbers but not the Mega Ball$51 in 766
                2 numbers and the Mega Ball$51 in 473
                1 number and the Mega Ball$21 in 56
                Only the Mega Ball$11 in 21