Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you continue to buy lottery tickets at a store where the clerks are ill mannered ?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: October 30, 2013, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Around a year or so ago I went in a store which was busy at the time & got in the long line like everyone else & waited my turn...well since I was buying lottery tickets the clerk told me I'd have to wait as they were really busy right now & I said well I waited my turn like everybody else, now I want you to run my lottery p3 slips...then she said well the manager told us to make you all wait...well I did get them but when I got home I sent the home office an e-mail & gave them a piece of my mind.

A couple of days later I got a call from the manager of the store & she apologized & said it would never happen again so I accepted her apology and from that day until this I have never ever had another problem at that store.

My ex & I had a couple of grocery stores once & we would never ever treat a customer bad for any reason because we knew those customers were the ones who put food on our table so I expect to be treated good in a store also!

Yeah, I don't play that "step aside" routine for nobody either, Vergie.

I had a guy ask me if I could step aside while he "rang up a few customers" one time.

I said no and handed him my playslip.

Never went back there either.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1270 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Places like that don't get my business.  I've worked in jobs that dealt with the public and always realized that, while my boss might sign my paycheck, the customers pay my wages.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
     - George Orwell

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2013, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Hav'nt had a problem like this, lottery tix. or anything else a store sells, the competition here is fierce !

But then I'm also a very patient and laid back person... well most of the time, but when a call center in India answers...well you know.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

cheryl59's avatar - center
        Va Beach
        United States
        Member #46651
        September 20, 2006
        1856 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2013, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I just walked out of one here where the clerk was doing some paperwork,  when l put my slip on the counter he gave it one look, glanced up at me and went back to doing his counting as though l was bothering him. I said to myself " the heck with this &$##@# and walked out. He ain't never seeing me again- l don't give a rat's @@ how busy he was. Thought l would share.
        Second time in this store- his wife is usually cordial- but this mother..
        Your thoughts- give a 2nd chance or not?

No...no 2nd chance when I come across rudeness and ignorance, I will not "honor it" with my hard earned money.

Also, I believe bad vibes can effect your game playing, that little place inside will let you know whether or not to keep it moving.

Much Luck and Blessings to you noise-gate.

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3047 Posts
          Posted: October 31, 2013, 12:27 am - IP Logged

When the weather is good I like to walk to big apple store which is further than circle k because the clerks their are friendly and will help you out with lotto.  But when you go to circle k it depends on which clerk is on shift to see if I buy my lotto from them or walk to big apple store.  Some of the circle k clerks don't know nothing about the lotto so I fill out playslips or they like to be rude to you.  So I know bye now who works thier and what times of day to go into the store.  If the ladies are working at circle k then I will buy their but if I see the guys are working I will walk the extra bit to big apple store because the manager loves to sell me tickets and the clerks are friendly too.-weshar75

US Flag

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: October 31, 2013, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Around a year or so ago I went in a store which was busy at the time & got in the long line like everyone else & waited my turn...well since I was buying lottery tickets the clerk told me I'd have to wait as they were really busy right now & I said well I waited my turn like everybody else, now I want you to run my lottery p3 slips...then she said well the manager told us to make you all wait...well I did get them but when I got home I sent the home office an e-mail & gave them a piece of my mind.

A couple of days later I got a call from the manager of the store & she apologized & said it would never happen again so I accepted her apology and from that day until this I have never ever had another problem at that store.

My ex & I had a couple of grocery stores once & we would never ever treat a customer bad for any reason because we knew those customers were the ones who put food on our table so I expect to be treated good in a store also!

I will usually complain too.  Usually the owner doesn't realize what's happening.

I took my birthday voucher for a free lottery ticket to a Stinker last year, and I couldn't even get the clerk to try to redeem it.  She kept telling me that she and her boyfriend both tried theirs and they don't work.   I pushed the paper towards her on the counter one final time and asked her to try it.  She recoiled like it was going to bite her, and said there was nothing she could do -- maybe I should take it up with the lottery.

I made a note of the time, and went home and used their website to contact corporate.  I told them the details along with the date and time and cashier's name.  Then told them I took my voucher to a competing c-store where Thelesa wished me a happy birthday and got me my free ticket in about 30 seconds.

They must have looked at the security tape to verify my story, because a couple days later I got a highly apologetic email saying they don't allow employees to treat customers like that and the employee was being retrained.  They also wished me a belated happy birthday and told me to drop by the store, the manager had a birthday gift for me.

United States
              Member #140884
              March 29, 2013
              45 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

I never return to a shop where I am treated poorly. And if, when handing me my tickets, the clerk says something nice like "good luck" or "god bless" etc, I always say, "thank you and if I win i'll be back with a big tip for you."

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:51 am - IP Logged

I agree with TNPATL, he could have said 1 moment please. Hostility is a big turn off to me. I doubt I would return there, but if I did I would hope to see his wife and tell her. If the "bozo" was there again and acted the same way, I would share my feelings with him. Then, I might write a letter to lottery officials or the people who manage the retail outlets.Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Milwaukee, WI
                  United States
                  Member #3131
                  December 27, 2003
                  665 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I mosty deal with places that we both know each other. Even in a big city, I know them by name, and they know me by name.

I am polite to them and they are polite to me.

It's not kiss my arse I'm a holy customer. Bow down to me.

Deal that way with everybody.

Sometimes they run into some sort of problem and I might have to wait a minute.

Then again sometimes they are just jerks on both ends.

Yes there are places where I won't go back to again......

The other day I had a a 7 day ticket that had $2 winner, with 4 draws left. I didn't see an exchange ticket printed. When I exoplained that I was supposed to get an exchange ticket and wanted to look at the original ticket, he said that it was  worthless and shredded it into small pieces. I will never go to the mf store again.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19770 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I will usually complain too.  Usually the owner doesn't realize what's happening.

I took my birthday voucher for a free lottery ticket to a Stinker last year, and I couldn't even get the clerk to try to redeem it.  She kept telling me that she and her boyfriend both tried theirs and they don't work.   I pushed the paper towards her on the counter one final time and asked her to try it.  She recoiled like it was going to bite her, and said there was nothing she could do -- maybe I should take it up with the lottery.

I made a note of the time, and went home and used their website to contact corporate.  I told them the details along with the date and time and cashier's name.  Then told them I took my voucher to a competing c-store where Thelesa wished me a happy birthday and got me my free ticket in about 30 seconds.

They must have looked at the security tape to verify my story, because a couple days later I got a highly apologetic email saying they don't allow employees to treat customers like that and the employee was being retrained.  They also wished me a belated happy birthday and told me to drop by the store, the manager had a birthday gift for me.

I Agree!  There you go.

Let it Snow Snowman

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19770 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2013, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I mosty deal with places that we both know each other. Even in a big city, I know them by name, and they know me by name.

I am polite to them and they are polite to me.

It's not kiss my arse I'm a holy customer. Bow down to me.

Deal that way with everybody.

Sometimes they run into some sort of problem and I might have to wait a minute.

Then again sometimes they are just jerks on both ends.

Yes there are places where I won't go back to again......

The other day I had a a 7 day ticket that had $2 winner, with 4 draws left. I didn't see an exchange ticket printed. When I exoplained that I was supposed to get an exchange ticket and wanted to look at the original ticket, he said that it was  worthless and shredded it into small pieces. I will never go to the mf store again.

Wow that's terrible P***ed sorry to hear that, i always get my old tickets back

Let it Snow Snowman