Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Motivation to still purchase despite odds...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #134413
October 27, 2012
25 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2013, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Nope definitely no t going t to quit my job.   Its funny how everyone has their list of "WANTS" when they hit it big.  Im just looking to get a new truck and 200-300 acres of land.  Very modest i believe.

United States
    Member #122468
    February 1, 2012
    530 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Just looking to see if anyone can give some good motivational quotes for me to continue purchasing.   I myself have won through local SC draws, $500, $1000, and still looking for my $1m. 

$1m is my goal and i wonder how long many of you have been buying and your frequency.   Do you do Powerball, MB, or neither and how much is too much for a weekly budget?   I just don't want my dreams to wither away in the wind...and are dreams of a paid off house and car too much to dream/wish for?   Thanks all.

Hi buyingtime,

I don't really have any motiviational quotes but as other's have said "you can't win if you don't play". As for myself I play Powerball with Powerplay, and MM with the Multiplier along with my state game of Mass Cash. I've cut way down on scratch tickets. I do not buy draw tickets all the time. Sometimes will go a few weeks before buying a PB or MM ticket. When the new matrix for MM was coming out I was not going to buy MM anymore but then I liked the idea of the megaball dropping to 1 in 15. Though being able to win the 2nd prize on MM is even more impossible now that you have to get 5 numbers out of 75.  I totally understand your dreams. Even though I'm a realist and know that I will most likely die without a lottery win, I'm not giving up on the lottery. I look at it this way, someone, somewhere is going to win the lottery so we all have as much of a shot as anyone else since it's all random.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

A chance to hit the big one! :)

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2013, 10:21 am - IP Logged

My motivation is that A LOT of people win jackpots. 

If you consider the odds, the number of winners is quite staggering.  I don't want to be the odd man out and not be one of the only losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

LOL