Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

An antiquated bent over blind lady, who you only know as "Vera" ...

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I don't hate you, I don't hate anybody. I just believe in being honest and doing the right thing. Call me old fashioned.

She gave you the money and asked you to buy her the tickets and you agreed, but after they win, you're talking about if she can prove she gave you the money?

That's the kinda thing that just sticks in my craw.

I guess I was raised different.

But nowadays you probably hold the majority opinion.

Hey any lawyer would tell you the same thing...besides it's not ripping anyone off if she gave you the money then didnt stick around to get the ticket...Why wouldnt she wait around also how could she prove that you bought the ticket with "her" $5 anyways

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure what law school a certain person attended and perhaps even a basic civics 101 class, (lol lol) but they might want to read prior real life stories on people who have given others money for tickets. Proof can be in the form of testimony, credibility, and other people who might have witnessed the event. None of these facts would be deemed irrelevant by any court or official.

All good points but there need to be proof.....not speculation...and all stories are different...i mean what would stop just anybody who witnessed the event to say yeah they also gave you money and now they wanted their cut...I mean no I believe she is irrelevant and if I bought tickets for someone and they couldnt even stick around for me to return with them they must have wanted me to just keep them

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19895 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

stops you as you're walking into the supermarket and politely asks you if you would purchase her five Mega Millions tickets,aand she hand you a $5 bill

feeling like a Good Samaritan you agree.

when you return back outside the lady is gone' you look around some but she is nowhere to be found

that evening one of the five tickets turns out to be a jackpot winner.

my question is do you search for vera to share? Or say fuk that blind old lady this is my money?

It most likely I would be on a mission to buy some tickets for myself and rather than buying her tickets also and confusing them with mine if I was lucky enough to win a jackpot I would say "I'm sorry but I don't purchase other people tickets but I will be glad to guide you to the counter so you can purchase them yourself."

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking