Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Backward engineering a winning pick.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 3 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19826 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I've been trying to match all six numbers in the local 6/49 game for almost a year and came close back in February with a five of six.  Today when I was doing my work out I noticed the number distribution patterns were the same as they were for the last drawing only one draw longer.

The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings for tonight's drawing and the ones that had hit in the previous 31 the last time have hit in the previous 32 for tonigh's drawing and so forth.

Since I know the parameters that could has produce a winner for the last drawing, I will be applying those same parameters for my picks for tonight's drawing.  Since I will only be playing ten lines of the combinations I pick the best I can hope for is that the winning pick be among the combinations that come up and I get lucky and don't reject it.  I've reviewed my reject list for other drawings and have rejected a couple of 5of6 but never a 6of6.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
    Ontario
    Canada
    Member #137286
    December 31, 2012
    93 Posts
    Posted: November 6, 2013, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I've been trying to match all six numbers in the local 6/49 game for almost a year and came close back in February with a five of six.  Today when I was doing my work out I noticed the number distribution patterns were the same as they were for the last drawing only one draw longer.

The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings for tonight's drawing and the ones that had hit in the previous 31 the last time have hit in the previous 32 for tonigh's drawing and so forth.

Since I know the parameters that could has produce a winner for the last drawing, I will be applying those same parameters for my picks for tonight's drawing.  Since I will only be playing ten lines of the combinations I pick the best I can hope for is that the winning pick be among the combinations that come up and I get lucky and don't reject it.  I've reviewed my reject list for other drawings and have rejected a couple of 5of6 but never a 6of6.

Can you give an example? Not sure what you mean when you say The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings for tonight's drawing

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: November 6, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

"The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings"

That's because all six numbers were drawn in the last 8 drawings and were drawn again for Monday's drawing. If you use the same parameters for tonight's drawing and are correct, it will be a 6/39 drawing with odds of 3,262,623 to 1.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: November 6, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I am working out patterns, but don't have the time to program all of the ideas. It would take several days to finish it and I am busy with more important.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2013, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Can you give an example? Not sure what you mean when you say The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings for tonight's drawing

I was talking about Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) which the previous 10 drawings for tonight's drawing contain the same 38 numbers that were in the previous 9 drawings before Monday's drawings.  If you checked the predictions I posted for tonight's drawing then you know it didn't work.  The best I did was a match2 and the combinations I rejected didn't do any better either.

Evil Looking       

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
            Ontario
            Canada
            Member #137286
            December 31, 2012
            93 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Interesting idea, I'll have to play around with it and maybe give it a try.

United States
              Member #141260
              April 9, 2013
              1390 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2013, 8:08 am - IP Logged

Just buy a quik pic.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

"The numbers that had hit in the previous nine drawings for the last game were the same that have hit in the last ten drawings"

That's because all six numbers were drawn in the last 8 drawings and were drawn again for Monday's drawing. If you use the same parameters for tonight's drawing and are correct, it will be a 6/39 drawing with odds of 3,262,623 to 1.

Actually using the last 8 drawings would get even better at 6/38.  I looked back at all 1063 drawings and had I done something like that from the beginning I would have been playing with a pool of 25-38 numbers and 70 of those times all six winning numbers would have been in the pool and 252 of those times would have included only five of the winning numbers.

Although last night try was a failure, it could lead to a whole new strategy for picking combinations to play in the future.

Evil Looking       

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2013, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

If I understand you correctly, you are using the all the numbers that have been drawn within the last 9 draws.

I have been tracking numbers used within the last 10 draws for about the last 2 years.  There have only been 46 times in that time frame (309 draws) that all six numbers drawn were from the less than 10 draws out.

How are you picking your lines from these numbers?  Wheel?

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2013, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

If I understand you correctly, you are using the all the numbers that have been drawn within the last 9 draws.

I have been tracking numbers used within the last 10 draws for about the last 2 years.  There have only been 46 times in that time frame (309 draws) that all six numbers drawn were from the less than 10 draws out.

I only tried that for last night's drawing and it failed.  My observations were for what could have happened had I been doing that from the beginning.  I usually only play 10 lines or so, so wheeling is not possible with so many numbers.  From now on I'll be picking 10 lines the way I usually did before last night.

Evil Looking       

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
                      Member #134627
                      November 2, 2012
                      1001 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

In quick pick no one ever wins. Avoid.

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                        Member #142777
                        May 18, 2013
                        263 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Just buy a quik pic.

Right On.

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Just buy a quik pic.

A quick pick is just not my style but if it works for you, good luck.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19826 Posts
                            Posted: November 9, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I have the complete history of Ohio's Classic Lotto which include 1064 drawings and the complete history of the old Super Lotto Plus too.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I think it might be better to forward engineer a winning pick as I cant wager for yesterdays game.