Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it possible to predict the winning numbers?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mypiemaster.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #148553
November 4, 2013
31 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2013, 5:33 am - IP Logged

In general, a prediction is ,usually, a guess based on some kind of information. For a prediction to be valid, the information should be logically-sound. In other words, it should make sense. In this regard, you can make predictions with the game. You would just do your own analysis and make an assumption based on it.

However, the notion of predictability takes on a different meaning for the lottery. Predicting the numbers implies ,or is taken to mean, that we know ,for certain, what the winning numbers will be. In this sense, we ,therefore, can't predict the numbers. We can only make predictions for what we believe will come out. But, we can't know ,for sure, what numbers will win.

So, is it possible to predict the winning numbers? By the implied meaning, it's not possible. But, you can make a prediction ,or a simple guess, and ,by coincidence, end up to be proved right. 

How does predictability fit into my own system of play? Well, in short, it doesn't really fit in. I don't try to predict the numbers. Instead, I utilize concepts of play. What I'm saying is that it's all in how you handle your play with the methods you employ. It's not about trying to make predictions for the winning numbers.

Krypton
    United States
    Member #140102
    March 11, 2013
    892 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2013, 6:21 am - IP Logged

In general, a prediction is ,usually, a guess based on some kind of information. For a prediction to be valid, the information should be logically-sound. In other words, it should make sense. In this regard, you can make predictions with the game. You would just do your own analysis and make an assumption based on it.

However, the notion of predictability takes on a different meaning for the lottery. Predicting the numbers implies ,or is taken to mean, that we know ,for certain, what the winning numbers will be. In this sense, we ,therefore, can't predict the numbers. We can only make predictions for what we believe will come out. But, we can't know ,for sure, what numbers will win.

So, is it possible to predict the winning numbers? By the implied meaning, it's not possible. But, you can make a prediction ,or a simple guess, and ,by coincidence, end up to be proved right. 

How does predictability fit into my own system of play? Well, in short, it doesn't really fit in. I don't try to predict the numbers. Instead, I utilize concepts of play. What I'm saying is that it's all in how you handle your play with the methods you employ. It's not about trying to make predictions for the winning numbers.

Sun Smiley

The best part of living in the great old USA is being able to agree to disagree. I predict numbers EVERY week. Most games I play I get at least 80% correct as long as my information is correct. There are two other members on this board that can verify what I just said. Now, it took me a while to be convinced I can do this. What I mean is ..... I  do use a system and tons of information that I've gotten from this board (a couple of members books too ) and my own states web page. Before I was hacked back in September I was getting 3/4 plus BB for the two step and when I played the PB normally 3 to 4 correct EVERY time   Now, I would have won the two step jackpot had my system been correct but there were errors I just found two weeks ago that are being corrected as I speak ( takes time to find them all , thank you hackers ) plus, I took hypnosis. Before hypnosis I may not gave been able to answer in this way but .... I KNOW I have a winning system, I KNOW I can predict the numbers and I KNOW I will win several jackpots.   

The first thing you and everyone else needs to do is just your mindset. You produce whatever your subconscious tells you.  FACT

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2013, 7:21 am - IP Logged

No. Even on a 50/50 bet, you will be right half of the time. 

A lot of people at the predictions board score at around 50% of their wagers. Majority play pick 3 & 4 games which are considered to have the best odds of winning. So if someone tells you that they have a system ask them to prove their system at the predictions board before they can brag about it to you. You will have silenced them effectively.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2013, 7:47 am - IP Logged

Isnt that how Dave Edwards won?? Im sure it's been done more times than that, but think about this if someone just told you they had the next powerball or Megamillions winning numbers...would you listen? Or would you be kicking yourself in the morning??

United States
          Member #141260
          April 9, 2013
          1390 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2013, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Yes. Not saying they will be winning numbers

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
            Jacksonville, Florida
            United States
            Member #140364
            March 17, 2013
            195 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2013, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Isnt that how Dave Edwards won?? Im sure it's been done more times than that, but think about this if someone just told you they had the next powerball or Megamillions winning numbers...would you listen? Or would you be kicking yourself in the morning??

I got a call at work one time with the winning numbers for the next drawing but they were not the winning numbers.  I played the same numbers for the next drawing but only 1 number hit and another number was 1 off. Gloria Mckenzie ended up winning it instead.

The caller however was a crazy person and was rambling about nothing when she said she had the winning numbers.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19894 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2013, 9:46 am - IP Logged

you contradict yourself Yes Nod

this sounds like a Me Myself & Irene movie, it was a FUNNY movie Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                Member #148553
                November 4, 2013
                31 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Sun Smiley

The best part of living in the great old USA is being able to agree to disagree. I predict numbers EVERY week. Most games I play I get at least 80% correct as long as my information is correct. There are two other members on this board that can verify what I just said. Now, it took me a while to be convinced I can do this. What I mean is ..... I  do use a system and tons of information that I've gotten from this board (a couple of members books too ) and my own states web page. Before I was hacked back in September I was getting 3/4 plus BB for the two step and when I played the PB normally 3 to 4 correct EVERY time   Now, I would have won the two step jackpot had my system been correct but there were errors I just found two weeks ago that are being corrected as I speak ( takes time to find them all , thank you hackers ) plus, I took hypnosis. Before hypnosis I may not gave been able to answer in this way but .... I KNOW I have a winning system, I KNOW I can predict the numbers and I KNOW I will win several jackpots.   

The first thing you and everyone else needs to do is just your mindset. You produce whatever your subconscious tells you.  FACT

That's very interesting. Why would you be hacked and how does that pertain to your system being made better? What do you mean by two step jackpot? What's BB?

United States
                  Member #148553
                  November 4, 2013
                  31 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2013, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

No. Even on a 50/50 bet, you will be right half of the time. 

A lot of people at the predictions board score at around 50% of their wagers. Majority play pick 3 & 4 games which are considered to have the best odds of winning. So if someone tells you that they have a system ask them to prove their system at the predictions board before they can brag about it to you. You will have silenced them effectively.

How's that? From what I can tell, the top predictors don't come close to being right half of the time.

United States
                    Member #148553
                    November 4, 2013
                    31 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

you contradict yourself Yes Nod

this sounds like a Me Myself & Irene movie, it was a FUNNY movie Green laugh

Not sure what you're referring to. You can make predictions for what numbers you think will come out. But, you can't know ,for sure, what numbers will come out. That's what I'm saying.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2013, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

How's that? From what I can tell, the top predictors don't come close to being right half of the time.

If by being right you mean they picked the winning combination then they only have to be right once if they are predicting the outcome of a jackpot game.  Even coming within one or two numbers of being right 50% of the time would be outstanding.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: November 7, 2013, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

The statistics of my predictions say that my lifetime prize ratio is just over 50% There are other predictors with very high prize ratios but I have not seen anyone with a lifetime prize ratio of 100%

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4110 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

The ONLY person who could " predict" with accuracy the lottery was Biff from " Back to the Future" since his Father pilfered the almanac from Mcfly.
                          Only in the movies,  only in the movies. Anyone  telling you it can be done is nothing short of a snake- oil Sales person.

United States
                            Member #148553
                            November 4, 2013
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

If by being right you mean they picked the winning combination then they only have to be right once if they are predicting the outcome of a jackpot game.  Even coming within one or two numbers of being right 50% of the time would be outstanding.

You're right. That would be outstanding. But, can that be said of any of the predictors on the board?

United States
                              Member #148553
                              November 4, 2013
                              31 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

The statistics of my predictions say that my lifetime prize ratio is just over 50% There are other predictors with very high prize ratios but I have not seen anyone with a lifetime prize ratio of 100%

How does the prize ratio work? Are your predictions for multiple states or just one?