Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would be your monthly allowance?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #148675
November 8, 2013
54 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Hi Folks,

What would be your monthly allowance if you win a big Jackpot of let's say +100m  after tax ? I had a discusion earlier with me sister and told her mine would around 10k .. Is that too much?

Many thanks in Advance !!

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Great question....10k sounds good for walk around cash, not that you would spend that amount each and every day or even month...it depends on what you're into though, buying and or selling cars, real estate, etc etc....I myself would like to have one of those unlimited black cards or platinum cards and just pay the balance off each and every month

United States
      Member #141260
      April 9, 2013
      1390 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2013, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Like $100

+ bill money

$3000 a month

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #148675
        November 8, 2013
        54 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2013, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Yeah I thought about that as well but it's a bit too risky for me so I would just stick with me 10k for myself plus 1 or 2 watches of my choise per year :-) Let me win please!!

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
          Jacksonville, Florida
          United States
          Member #140364
          March 17, 2013
          195 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2013, 11:48 am - IP Logged

You stole my question lol. I was going to ask this same thing when I got back from lunch just now, lol.

I was thinking $50 million after taxes, but I thinking about investing also. So $10k is really not whole lot because that only comes out to 3.6 million after 30 years, I would be 67 by then, so guess I could bump it up to $20k per month, but like a previous poster said, you proably would not spend that much EVERY month.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2013, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Great question....10k sounds good for walk around cash, not that you would spend that amount each and every day or even month...it depends on what you're into though, buying and or selling cars, real estate, etc etc....I myself would like to have one of those unlimited black cards or platinum cards and just pay the balance off each and every month

I didn't know they still sold new cars under $10,000 but it seems rather stupid to win a multi-million jackpot to limit my monthly purchases. If you won $50 million after taxes, you could easily get a nice line of credit at the bank where you deposited your "over sized" check.

The question probably means how much would allow yourself to frivolously spend, waste, or blow every month and $10,000 is a great starting point. After a year or two, that number will probably drop.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1129 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2013, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

If you walk away with $100M after taxes you could spend $10K a month for 800 years and still have money left over. So that would be quite conservative allowance. My friend, a millionaire, carries around several thousand in cash just on a daily basis.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2013, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know they still sold new cars under $10,000 but it seems rather stupid to win a multi-million jackpot to limit my monthly purchases. If you won $50 million after taxes, you could easily get a nice line of credit at the bank where you deposited your "over sized" check.

The question probably means how much would allow yourself to frivolously spend, waste, or blow every month and $10,000 is a great starting point. After a year or two, that number will probably drop.

LOL you breezed thru that answer...Never said anything about buying new or old cars...I said that 10k would be nice but IF you wanted to buy things such as cars real estate or whatever you would probably need more money...but again  10k is better walking around money

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #148675
                  November 8, 2013
                  54 Posts
                  Posted: November 13, 2013, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm, I'm not the type of guy who walks with thousands in cash that's a bit too dangourous if you ask me. I would just spend it on properties which I rent out and have a allowance of 10k it might go up when I have a family I'm in twenties. Buy one or two times per year a nice watch eg. Patek Phillippe, Audemars Piguet, Hublot :-) They cost around 10 to 25k each  ... Plus travel alot. I have never been to the United States the flights would be first class of course lol....

Sorry for my English I'm a native Swiss German Speaker and just moved to London uk two year ago...

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2013, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm, I'm not the type of guy who walks with thousands in cash that's a bit too dangourous if you ask me. I would just spend it on properties which I rent out and have a allowance of 10k it might go up when I have a family I'm in twenties. Buy one or two times per year a nice watch eg. Patek Phillippe, Audemars Piguet, Hublot :-) They cost around 10 to 25k each  ... Plus travel alot. I have never been to the United States the flights would be first class of course lol....

Sorry for my English I'm a native Swiss German Speaker and just moved to London uk two year ago...

LOL i thought you were from here just looked at your profile when you said "sorry for my english" Your dialect is just fine, spoken like a native of an english speaking country.... it sounds to me anyways

London
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #148675
                      November 8, 2013
                      54 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2013, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your compliment but nope I'm from Bern the capital of Switzerland :-)  Btw, can you give me a lottery prediction for the Euro-Millions draw five numbers from 1 to 50 an and two from 1 to 11 ? Just a predicton nothing else. I do that with my mates sometimes and play with them . There's a special draw this Friday starting with a Jackpot of £80m Dance

Many thanks in Advance!!

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: November 14, 2013, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I think I could maybe get by on $50K a month.

London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #148675
                          November 8, 2013
                          54 Posts
                          Posted: November 14, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

50k are you serious? lol

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: November 14, 2013, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your compliment but nope I'm from Bern the capital of Switzerland :-)  Btw, can you give me a lottery prediction for the Euro-Millions draw five numbers from 1 to 50 an and two from 1 to 11 ? Just a predicton nothing else. I do that with my mates sometimes and play with them . There's a special draw this Friday starting with a Jackpot of £80m Dance

Many thanks in Advance!!

hmmm I'll give it a shot...9,17,22,41,50..5,8...Now if you dont win dont blame me and if you do I want the usual 5% LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: November 14, 2013, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I never had a Swiss Watch.

But I've had my share of Swiss Cheese.

Real thin slices though.

If that counts for anything.