Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let's just say the 75 number MM never gets hit...

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 3 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2013, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Just for conversation (and to entertain the lottery official lurkers) let's say the MM with a 75 number top matrix never gets hit, that is never pays out a jackpot.  The jackpots build but no one ever hits one so at that point the matrix is reduced (has that ever happened with any game?)

If that were the case, would you trust MM and would you still play it?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
    United States
    Member #130213
    July 9, 2012
    387 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Just for conversation (and to entertain the lottery official lurkers) let's say the MM with a 75 number top matrix never gets hit, that is never pays out a jackpot.  The jackpots build but no one ever hits one so at that point the matrix is reduced (has that ever happened with any game?)

I think at some point, it should trigger a new game, with fewer numbers so many more can have a chance to split the prize. I don't think its good to give some one a Billion Dollars, assuming its a single ticket from a single owner.

Something like the Spanish raffle, Gorditas (?), where people can buy shares from a single number. I don't know exactly how it works but I think the goal is to spread the wealth.

United States
      Member #115450
      August 20, 2011
      30 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I thought they did the change so that they could get huge jackpots... Wouldn't reducing the matrix be an admission of their stupidity? I don't think they'll reduce the matrix. Not even if this thing reaches two-billion.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many draws it would take to hit a two billion dollar jackpot?

CHERRY HILL, NJ
          United States
          Member #130213
          July 9, 2012
          387 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many draws it would take to hit a two billion dollar jackpot?

Maybe they can raise the drawing frequency. Just like slots, if you pull the lever faster or like the players in a slot tourney, press the button faster, you might hit the jackpot earlier.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

SLOYAROLE,

It's obvious they're going for jackpot 'bragging rights' but if by doing so they made the game unhittable, not the best idea.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
              United States
              Member #130213
              July 9, 2012
              387 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

SLOYAROLE,

It's obvious they're going for jackpot 'bragging rights' but if by doing so they made the game unhittable, not the best idea.

Today, MM is like playing BINGO with 2 B's, BBINGO! Crazy!

United States
                Member #115450
                August 20, 2011
                30 Posts
                Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Quite honestly, I don't see the appeal in MM with this new matrix. To each his own, I guess. My threshold for draw games used be 100 million before I contributed a few dollars. Now, I'm guessing I can move that threshold to 300 million for this game.

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                  New York
                  United States
                  Member #145706
                  August 12, 2013
                  108 Posts
                  Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Someone from the last drawing matched the 5 numbers without the mega ball.  Plus there was 29 winners who matched 4 numbers plus the mega ball. So it's just a matter of time before someone gets all six.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I'd still play one line. I used to play two. And if they went to two bucks, I'd probably stop playing it.

I'm one of the seemingly few who aren't mesmerized by humongous jackpots.

I prefer having a lot better chance at a lot less money.

But I'll still take a shot in the dark at it for a buck (actually $2 with the megaplier).

But no more than that.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Selling less than 20 millions tickets per drawing so far, MM hasn't had a real test.  When its jackpot gets up around a half billion, it will be selling enough tickets per drawing to really test how hard it is to win.  I'll be surprised if it gets that high before being won.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4146 Posts
                        Posted: November 14, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I'd still play one line. I used to play two. And if they went to two bucks, I'd probably stop playing it.

I'm one of the seemingly few who aren't mesmerized by humongous jackpots.

I prefer having a lot better chance at a lot less money.

But I'll still take a shot in the dark at it for a buck (actually $2 with the megaplier).

But no more than that.

I Agree!

These monstrous jackpots may seem appealing to many- but in all sincerity, how much does one " Need" to survive, be self sufficient, help family and friends and not end up broke? It seems the more we read of persons winning a large jackpot- the sooner we hear sad stories of persons unable to control their spending habits and end up on the front page of LP.

Like Ridge- l play 1 line or 2.- the odds are astronomical to begin with so putting down $10 plus is insane. (imo).. unless one is willing to be counted among the many millions of losers out there... which is not optional.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1200 Posts
                          Posted: November 14, 2013, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I like this question. Even though I feel that by the time it reaches $1B, or close to it, there will be so many people playng that it's bound it hit at least one number combo on a ticket purchased, I still think making a game hard to win even harder is a turn off. I used to buy MM when the odds of winning were the same as PB because the price was less. Two tickets for every 1 PB made more sense. But I'd rather pay the 2 bucks and have a better chance of winning. I won't be playing MM until the jp is huge. We know the lottery is a rip off, but now, MM seems more calculated about ripping me off. I don't like that.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: November 14, 2013, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

It will always get hit.

There is a good chance "they" will just program their lottery terminals to spit out a winning QP.

After all the majority of people play quick picks.

If the Jackpot doesn get hit, they are gonna reduce the matrix?  Are you nuts?  We just go on until Warren Buffet says, "Yes, I think this is a good investment, and I will do a BIG WHEEL NOW!!!!"

Then he hits it...

Problem solved.

P.S.

I don't really trust MM now.  (Although I am not a paranoid conspiracy theorist.)

(At least when it comes to lottery)

P.P.S.

I dont think you reduce the matrix.  They would rather kill the game and offer something new. (I suppose anyway)

Maybe do away with MM altogether and just raise the price of PB to $4.

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                              NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              12118 Posts
                              Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I think at some point, it should trigger a new game, with fewer numbers so many more can have a chance to split the prize. I don't think its good to give some one a Billion Dollars, assuming its a single ticket from a single owner.

Something like the Spanish raffle, Gorditas (?), where people can buy shares from a single number. I don't know exactly how it works but I think the goal is to spread the wealth.

I agree. Lottery players will keep spending money on Mega Millions until the jackpot reaches $1 BILLION.$1 Mega Millions Quick Pick Ticket will win it all.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!