Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let's just say the 75 number MM never gets hit...

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 3 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:45 am - IP Logged

I like this question. Even though I feel that by the time it reaches $1B, or close to it, there will be so many people playng that it's bound it hit at least one number combo on a ticket purchased, I still think making a game hard to win even harder is a turn off. I used to buy MM when the odds of winning were the same as PB because the price was less. Two tickets for every 1 PB made more sense. But I'd rather pay the 2 bucks and have a better chance of winning. I won't be playing MM until the jp is huge. We know the lottery is a rip off, but now, MM seems more calculated about ripping me off. I don't like that.

The lottery is in the business of making money for itself not for the lottery players. We will never beat a payback rate of 50% regardless of the games we play.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:47 am - IP Logged

I wonder how many draws it would take to hit a two billion dollar jackpot?

Probably 3, but no more than 4. Assuming it already got to half a billion.

The record MM jackpot of $656 million was the 19th drawing of that run. The last time it got to a 19th drawing was the beginning of October, and that was only $189 million. I'd guess we'd need another 5 rolls to reach half a billion dollars on the current run, but if it gets there subsequent rolls will be huge. The final increase for the record jackpot was almost $300 million, and that was before the change in the annuity schedule.

FWIW, under the new annuity a jackpot advertised at $2 billion would  still only leave me a hair over half a billion after paying federal & NY taxes.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11982 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Just for conversation (and to entertain the lottery official lurkers) let's say the MM with a 75 number top matrix never gets hit, that is never pays out a jackpot.  The jackpots build but no one ever hits one so at that point the matrix is reduced (has that ever happened with any game?)

If that were the case, would you trust MM and would you still play it?

I will not trust the lottery. I do not trust the lottery now either. It will all change when I win a second prize or the jackpot. LOL

US Flag

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11982 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Probably 3, but no more than 4. Assuming it already got to half a billion.

The record MM jackpot of $656 million was the 19th drawing of that run. The last time it got to a 19th drawing was the beginning of October, and that was only $189 million. I'd guess we'd need another 5 rolls to reach half a billion dollars on the current run, but if it gets there subsequent rolls will be huge. The final increase for the record jackpot was almost $300 million, and that was before the change in the annuity schedule.

FWIW, under the new annuity a jackpot advertised at $2 billion would  still only leave me a hair over half a billion after paying federal & NY taxes.

$1 BILLION CASH VALUE?

US Flag

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11982 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:52 am - IP Logged

SLOYAROLE,

It's obvious they're going for jackpot 'bragging rights' but if by doing so they made the game unhittable, not the best idea.

I will wait until it reaches $1 Billion to play. I do not want to contribute any money on the way up to make someone else a BILLIONAIRE.

US Flag

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11982 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Maybe they can raise the drawing frequency. Just like slots, if you pull the lever faster or like the players in a slot tourney, press the button faster, you might hit the jackpot earlier.

Who is going to contribute money to it? I will never play the lottery everyday. I am not a lottery dabbler.

US Flag

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11982 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Quite honestly, I don't see the appeal in MM with this new matrix. To each his own, I guess. My threshold for draw games used be 100 million before I contributed a few dollars. Now, I'm guessing I can move that threshold to 300 million for this game.

The lottery has many players contributing to the jackpot. You just have to wait until it reaches $1 Billion to play. I mean someone has to spend money to build the jackpots.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11982 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Someone from the last drawing matched the 5 numbers without the mega ball.  Plus there was 29 winners who matched 4 numbers plus the mega ball. So it's just a matter of time before someone gets all six.

HEY, YOU NEVER KNOW.

It would be great if those 4 plus the mega ball prizes were $10,000 instead of $5,000.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Selling less than 20 millions tickets per drawing so far, MM hasn't had a real test.  When its jackpot gets up around a half billion, it will be selling enough tickets per drawing to really test how hard it is to win.  I'll be surprised if it gets that high before being won.

They should have a $100 million starting jackpot with the current matrix. Sales usually pick up at the $100 Million annuity level.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11982 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

These monstrous jackpots may seem appealing to many- but in all sincerity, how much does one " Need" to survive, be self sufficient, help family and friends and not end up broke? It seems the more we read of persons winning a large jackpot- the sooner we hear sad stories of persons unable to control their spending habits and end up on the front page of LP.

Like Ridge- l play 1 line or 2.- the odds are astronomical to begin with so putting down $10 plus is insane. (imo).. unless one is willing to be counted among the many millions of losers out there... which is not optional.

$1 and $2 lottery players contribute more to lottery sales than anybody else.

US Flag

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7314 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2013, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

$1 and $2 lottery players contribute more to lottery sales than anybody else.

I Agree!

I don't have any statistics to quote, but $5 and under is probably the bet of choice among a large majority of frequent and part time players. The statistics probably favor $1 and $2 players winning the jackpot the same way the statistics favor QP players winning a jackpot.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                        nashville
                        United States
                        Member #49896
                        February 18, 2007
                        1181 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2013, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Just for conversation (and to entertain the lottery official lurkers) let's say the MM with a 75 number top matrix never gets hit, that is never pays out a jackpot.  The jackpots build but no one ever hits one so at that point the matrix is reduced (has that ever happened with any game?)

If that were the case, would you trust MM and would you still play it?

I would still play.