Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For those going for 5 + 0 in PB and MM

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

What about this idea?

Put an option on the playslip where you can state you're going for 5 + 0, you don't even play a PB nunmber or Mega number, and the prize is a fixed $5M.

The house is still making a killing with the spread between the $5M payout and the true odds, so why not.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I'd give it a shot.

I'd be sure to fill out a playslip though cuz it would be waaaaaaay too difficult for the clerks to contend with.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

What about this idea?

Put an option on the playslip where you can state you're going for 5 + 0, you don't even play a PB nunmber or Mega number, and the prize is a fixed $5M.

The house is still making a killing with the spread between the $5M payout and the true odds, so why not.

Doing that for MM would make it a game with a $1M jackpot with odds of 1:17M of winning it.  Why would anyone want to play it when there are 6/49 games with jackpots of $50M+ with odds of 1:14M of winning?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Doing that for MM would make it a game with a $1M jackpot with odds of 1:17M of winning it.  Why would anyone want to play it when there are 6/49 games with jackpots of $50M+ with odds of 1:14M of winning?

Depends on which state you live in.

I have to drive a long ways to play those games (and I do).

All the games in my state (TN) are fake computer drawings except for PB and MM.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

That mule must get real tired from being driven state to state. 

Maybe your sister sarah will lend you one of her mules so you have two?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2013, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Even if the drawings are fake the winners aren't or else no body would ever play them.  The grass always look greener in another state even to some players in the states with real drawings.

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2013, 6:20 am - IP Logged

That mule must get real tired from being driven state to state. 

Maybe your sister sarah will lend you one of her mules so you have two?

That would be so nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JsYKHTJlg

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2013, 6:37 am - IP Logged

Sounds good especially since Oklahoma doesn't have a state lotto game.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2013, 9:40 am - IP Logged

What about this idea?

MM and PB offer two different games already. Matching the mega ball and powerball is a lottery game on its own.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10353 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

RJOH,

Not everyone lives in a state where the state's jackpot game has that kind of payoff.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2013, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Even if the drawings are fake the winners aren't or else no body would ever play them.  The grass always look greener in another state even to some players in the states with real drawings.

If the drawings are fake there's no telling if the winners are legit or not.

And TN's computers have already been caught ruling out certain number combinations.

And they were caught by the players, not the muckety mucks in Nashville.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

If the drawings are fake there's no telling if the winners are legit or not.

And TN's computers have already been caught ruling out certain number combinations.

And they were caught by the players, not the muckety mucks in Nashville.

True but over the years there would have had to be a lot of different winners and even fake winners and drawings have their limits before they self expose themselves like when no doubles or triples in the number drawing results  was obvious to players after only a coupel of weeks a few years ago.

Evil Looking       

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: November 16, 2013, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I'd give it a shot.

I'd be sure to fill out a playslip though cuz it would be waaaaaaay too difficult for the clerks to contend with.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 17, 2013, 12:54 am - IP Logged

True but over the years there would have had to be a lot of different winners and even fake winners and drawings have their limits before they self expose themselves like when no doubles or triples in the number drawing results  was obvious to players after only a coupel of weeks a few years ago.

We can only hope that it would expose itself if it exists but it would never be as simple as missing combinations in a daily game again.

It would be a "drawing" of prescribed jackpot numbers for a prescribed date, with no tracks to follow if allegations of impropriety were ever to be made.

I'm not suggesting that it has been done or that it is being done, just that it can be done and that I think it's incumbent upon the Lottery to not only avoid the appearance of impropriety but also the easier avenues to it's provision.

As it is now, we're simply putting our faith in the assurances of political appointees that everything is on the up and up.

So for now I'll just keep taking my monthly drive to Virginia.

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3475 Posts
                              Posted: November 17, 2013, 1:02 am - IP Logged

What about this idea?

And the lottery would give you 5 times the normal payout ... why?