Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the most Ridiculous thing you would buy if Money was no issue??

Topic closed. 108 replies. Last post 3 years ago by DG1USA.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I used to think I'd want to wear a brand new pair of socks every day, then I read that Justin Timberlake wears new underwear every day. 

At least he could sell his old drawers on eBay.

Now that you mention it, a new pair of Pointer Overalls every day would be kinda cool.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I used to think I'd want to wear a brand new pair of socks every day, then I read that Justin Timberlake wears new underwear every day. 

At least he could sell his old drawers on eBay.

Yea, brand new socks feel really good, they are one thing I don't have trouble finding that are U.S. made.

There's a gun shop near me that sells them at a very reasonable price,

in fact there's a place a few blocks from it that sells discounted clothing and their socks from Guatemala cost more than U.S. made.

I doubt their customers have ever set foot in a gun shop.

As to the thread, I'm not sure I'd buy anything ridiculous, course that's a matter of opinion,

for example I certainly would NOT buy the kind of stuff David Lee Edwards blew his bucks on,

super expensive cars fake statues replica swords and worst of all, drugs, But to each his own.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1285 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Now that you mention it, a new pair of Pointer Overalls every day would be kinda cool.

I love my bibs (not Pointers, are they good?);  used to wear them all the time on the rigs.  Now I just have a few pair.  I think the thing I like about 'em the best is being able to unbutton the top side button and scratch anything that needs to be scratched.  I had a pair of striped ones once, but got tired of people asking if I was working "all the live-long day".

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
        East of Columbus, OH
        United States
        Member #120843
        December 28, 2011
        451 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

GM.  I'm making Corvette its own brand.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

stripesnsolids's avatar - box
          GA
          United States
          Member #97845
          September 25, 2010
          40 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I would buy into Richard Branson's space exploration company or buy a record company.  Oh now you have me thinking all crazy...........I'd buy a palace!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I love my bibs (not Pointers, are they good?);  used to wear them all the time on the rigs.  Now I just have a few pair.  I think the thing I like about 'em the best is being able to unbutton the top side button and scratch anything that needs to be scratched.  I had a pair of striped ones once, but got tired of people asking if I was working "all the live-long day".

Yeah, a lotta people say they're the best. They're made right here in Bristol TN and they've been making them in the same place there for 100 years now. They had an ad on the radio last summer telling where they get everything that goes into them right down to the thread (Georgia) and it's all 100% made in the USA components. They definitely ain't no Chinamen bibs.

Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1285 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, a lotta people say they're the best. They're made right here in Bristol TN and they've been making them in the same place there for 100 years now. They had an ad on the radio last summer telling where they get everything that goes into them right down to the thread (Georgia) and it's all 100% made in the USA components. They definitely ain't no Chinamen bibs.

I sure like to buy US made if I can, but I've never seen Pointers f/ sale.  I guess I've mostly worn Dickies or Carhart;  I *think* the Carharts are made here, at least the duck fabric ones like I used to roughneck/drill in,  but I believe the Dickies I wear now are made in Mexico.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                Whiskey Island
                United States
                Member #90216
                April 24, 2010
                12755 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1285 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Yea, brand new socks feel really good, they are one thing I don't have trouble finding that are U.S. made.

There's a gun shop near me that sells them at a very reasonable price,

in fact there's a place a few blocks from it that sells discounted clothing and their socks from Guatemala cost more than U.S. made.

I doubt their customers have ever set foot in a gun shop.

As to the thread, I'm not sure I'd buy anything ridiculous, course that's a matter of opinion,

for example I certainly would NOT buy the kind of stuff David Lee Edwards blew his bucks on,

super expensive cars fake statues replica swords and worst of all, drugs, But to each his own.

I'm a little obsessed w/ socks, long story, but my family always thought it funny.  I've been replacing my regular white socks w/ diabetic style, sure wish I'd discovered them years ago.  Not sure where mine are made, but the pickin's are slim w/ them locally, sometimes I order via Amazon.  Darn things are four bucks/pair f/ the best ones at Wal Mart, but sure are comfortable.

I'm w/ you, I can't think of anything ridiculous I'd buy, I'm too frugal and I can't see that totally changing even if I got rich.  Even my new pair of socks ea. day would be almost shamefully decadent, guess I could wash and donate the once-worn pair to a local charity or church or Salvation Army.  I can think of dozens of expensive toys I'd LIKE to have, but I don't think any of them would really make me happy.  If I won enough money, I'd buy a live-water ranch, but I don't consider that ridiculous.

Sacramento, CA
                    United States
                    Member #142454
                    May 12, 2013
                    66 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

A collapsable top hat. Black, of course. 

I'll wear it with ratty jeans to the grocery store.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2013, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I would buy into Richard Branson's space exploration company or buy a record company.  Oh now you have me thinking all crazy...........I'd buy a palace!

Since l will be purchasing a Planet as you know & you spoke of Space- l think l might as well add the Klingon Homeworld with the entire fleet of Klingon Warbirds to my wishlist.
                      Money is no object...right?

stripesnsolids's avatar - box
                        GA
                        United States
                        Member #97845
                        September 25, 2010
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2013, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Since l will be purchasing a Planet as you know & you spoke of Space- l think l might as well add the Klingon Homeworld with the entire fleet of Klingon Warbirds to my wishlist.
                        Money is no object...right?

Haha hey why not? ROFL

Milwaukee, WI
                          United States
                          Member #3131
                          December 27, 2003
                          665 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2013, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Build a disaster proof house. Doesn't take all that much money though.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8364 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2013, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

LOL, you're lucky you caught that before I saw it.

Still don't know why you have to can your bath water first though.

And on another note, I've always maintained that it should be called "jarring" and not "canning."

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/waterbath-canning-highacid-foods.html

I agree when my mother canned peaches i said ma you not putting the peaches in a can your putting them in a jar. She simply said it called canning because thats what term the processing companies used whene they canned foods. - at the cannery

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                              lotteryfanatic's avatar - Snapshot 20120227_11_2.jpg
                              California
                              United States
                              Member #122106
                              January 24, 2012
                              925 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

If time and money weren't an issue I'd start my own high end clothing and jewerly line. Open a gourmet restaurant. Have a fully customizable auto shop building one of a kind sports cars... Think zebra strips and lepord spots for the paint. And just have fun.