Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time away from Lottery

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you ever take a day off from Playing or Thinking Lottery

yes [ 25 ]  [62.50%]
no [ 15 ]  [37.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
606 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2013, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I always have some type of bet in for 1 of the games. Ya gotta be in it to win it. LOL

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2013, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Skipping the daily games is really of little consequence should your luck swing in your favor while you've benched yourself. I mean, what are we talkin', 500 bucks? 1000 bucks? 10,000 bucks?

Skipping the Jackpot games, however, is a horse of a different feather. Here we're talkin' life-altering sums.

Luck doesn't schedule it's visits based on whether you have a lottery ticket or not. It may manifest itself in some other area of your life. Maybe it'll keep you from getting run over by that garbage truck. Maybe it was that day that everything just seemed to go right and you felt like you could do no wrong. Maybe it'll come in the form of that person who finally shows up to buy that house that you've had on the market for two years.

But one thing is for sure. It will not let you win that starting Jackpot of 15 or 40 Million dollars that you sat out because you thought it was too small. And it will not let you win any Jackpot whatsoever if you don't have a ticket in your hand because you were taking a break from the lottery.

Luck is like the Fickle Finger of Fate and we never know when it's going to point at us, though we know it doesn't happen often.

So my advice to Jackpot Players would be no, never take a break from the Jackpot Games.

Always keep your foot in the door.

And all it takes is one ticket.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
      Rochester
      United States
      Member #103282
      January 1, 2011
      606 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I couldn't have said it better RDGRNR.   Smash   A "foot" in the door..  Banana

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5770 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Skipping the daily games is really of little consequence should your luck swing in your favor while you've benched yourself. I mean, what are we talkin', 500 bucks? 1000 bucks? 10,000 bucks?

Skipping the Jackpot games, however, is a horse of a different feather. Here we're talkin' life-altering sums.

Luck doesn't schedule it's visits based on whether you have a lottery ticket or not. It may manifest itself in some other area of your life. Maybe it'll keep you from getting run over by that garbage truck. Maybe it was that day that everything just seemed to go right and you felt like you could do no wrong. Maybe it'll come in the form of that person who finally shows up to buy that house that you've had on the market for two years.

But one thing is for sure. It will not let you win that starting Jackpot of 15 or 40 Million dollars that you sat out because you thought it was too small. And it will not let you win any Jackpot whatsoever if you don't have a ticket in your hand because you were taking a break from the lottery.

Luck is like the Fickle Finger of Fate and we never know when it's going to point at us, though we know it doesn't happen often.

So my advice to Jackpot Players would be no, never take a break from the Jackpot Games.

Well said rdgrnr.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2013, 6:25 am - IP Logged

I couldn't have said it better RDGRNR.   Smash   A "foot" in the door..  Banana

Thanks, Nick.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2013, 6:25 am - IP Logged

Well said rdgrnr.

Thanks, Buckeye.

United States
              Member #141260
              April 9, 2013
              1390 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2013, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I agree too.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2013, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I agree too.

Thanks, Ninja.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2013, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Words of wisdom from the Oracle of the Appalachians.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
                    Member #149556
                    December 3, 2013
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2013, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Well good to hear you are getting some "help" Ronnie. Going from posting every 2 seconds, to ranting about Gloria, to attacking everyone, you must now be on some heavy duty meds.

Sounds like you should know Artsey Fartsey.......

Ever think about replacing that broken down chair you sit in for 17 hours a day?

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2013, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I do think about the lottery a lot.

Revamping and updating charts, trying new things, trying to make it better and easier.

I rarely take a day off, but I need one.  You need to time your days off too I think, otherwise it could be a very costly day off.

But when I do take a day off, I usually go down to Belmont, and put some money on the poniesScared, or travel up to Empire City and play the slots like a geriatric on steriods.Scared

Or I will take a nice sunday off and go to church and play no hold barred bingo.Jester Laugh

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2013, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #136507
                          December 12, 2012
                          55 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Nope, in fact I get upset with myself if I miss a day.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4990 Posts
                            Posted: December 3, 2013, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you should know Artsey Fartsey.......

Ever think about replacing that broken down chair you sit in for 17 hours a day?

lol  He is back (or it is his only buddy on LP) and as wacko as ever.   What a nonsensical comment. From what I recall, my office chair was around $650 and it is far from broken and I never worked a 17 hour day.  Your resentment against the "establishment" is showing again.

Get some discipline boy and make something of yourself! The time is nigh.

As the time draws nigh, glooming, a cloud,

A dread beyond, of I know not what, darkens me.

I shall go forth,  I shall traverse The States awhile--but I cannot tell whither or how long;   

Perhaps soon, some day or night while I am singing, my voice will suddenly cease.

O book, O chants! must all then amount to but this?   

Must we barely arrive at this beginning of us?...

And yet it is enough, O soul!   

O soul! we have positively appear'd--that is enough.

Walt Whitman

J'aime La France.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2013, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Words of wisdom from the Oracle of the Appalachians.

Thanks, NightStalker.