Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you feel like you even have a chance anymore?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Tampa, FL
United States
Member #121764
January 16, 2012
188 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2013, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

This question is specifically for those who always "work the numbers" to help increase their chance of picking what they believe to be the most probable numbers. If you feel it is not impossible to increase your chances of winning the jackpot, please disregard.

Mega Millions' new matrix of 1-75 is so large it has resulted in me feeling like its practically impossible and overwhelming to try to eliminate numbers I do not think will be drawn next. Since the change has been made, there's been a drawing that included the first ball being 2 as well as another being 41. There has been a drawing where the fifth ball is a 44, as well as another being 75. With this, it makes it so much harder to play patterns and oddities.  The only numbers I feel like I can eliminate to help me a little bit are the numbers from the past drawing as repeat numbers have only occured twice since the change of matrix. I will not choose 9, 41, 43, 47, or 57 in tonight's drawing so that I can bring the total numbers down to 70. I will also ignore the 70s as they only make up 8% of all the numbers in the field, leaving me with 64 numbers to choose from...jeeze, these odds are ridiculous. 

Note: I am aware that every number has the same chance of coming up (1 in 75) as every other number (as long as it's part of the selection numbers [1-75]) but this is what I believe in, so leave me alone! Bash

Anyone else feel overwhelmed in trying to increase their chances in the new Mega Millions?

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    908 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2013, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I feel like I have a chance.  It may be 1 in hundreds of millions, but you can't win if you don't play.  I'm in it EVERY drawing to win it!

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Tampa, FL
      United States
      Member #121764
      January 16, 2012
      188 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2013, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I feel like I have a chance.  It may be 1 in hundreds of millions, but you can't win if you don't play.  I'm in it EVERY drawing to win it!

I hear ya on that one. That old saying, "You've got to be in it to win it." But I am just looking at it from a standpoint of trying to pick your own numbers and eliminate as many as possible to increase your chances. Theres always the jackpot odds of 1 in 258,890,850. Good luck tonight!

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Do you feel like you even have a chance anymore?

No. From playing for 10 years, all I ever won was $150 for matching 4 of 5 and a bunch of $1 for matching the Mega ball number.  And that was when the odds were sensible. Now, IMHO, MM is a bad joke. But I get why people will still play. The idea of walking away with over $50M from spending $1 is too tantalizing to be ignored. Goodluck if you are playing tonite.

That money's gone fo ever

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
          Rochester
          United States
          Member #103282
          January 1, 2011
          603 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

The gambling business Nick is a tough business. But ya gotta be in it to win it. The only half decent thing about the Mega now is the mega ball is easier to get. Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Yup especially since they up'ed the megaplier prize and that guy in my state won 3 million last week...

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
              Member #148698
              November 9, 2013
              96 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2013, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

The longer I play the less I feel like I can win. I'm still playing though.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2013, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

There's always a chance as long as you have a ticket.

Not a good chance.

But as good as anybody else's.

I'm in with a QP with the Megaplier every dadgum draw.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19871 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2013, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

This question is specifically for those who always "work the numbers" to help increase their chance of picking what they believe to be the most probable numbers. If you feel it is not impossible to increase your chances of winning the jackpot, please disregard.

Mega Millions' new matrix of 1-75 is so large it has resulted in me feeling like its practically impossible and overwhelming to try to eliminate numbers I do not think will be drawn next. Since the change has been made, there's been a drawing that included the first ball being 2 as well as another being 41. There has been a drawing where the fifth ball is a 44, as well as another being 75. With this, it makes it so much harder to play patterns and oddities.  The only numbers I feel like I can eliminate to help me a little bit are the numbers from the past drawing as repeat numbers have only occured twice since the change of matrix. I will not choose 9, 41, 43, 47, or 57 in tonight's drawing so that I can bring the total numbers down to 70. I will also ignore the 70s as they only make up 8% of all the numbers in the field, leaving me with 64 numbers to choose from...jeeze, these odds are ridiculous. 

Note: I am aware that every number has the same chance of coming up (1 in 75) as every other number (as long as it's part of the selection numbers [1-75]) but this is what I believe in, so leave me alone! Bash

Anyone else feel overwhelmed in trying to increase their chances in the new Mega Millions?

Fri, Nov 29, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions09-41-43-47-57, Mega Ball: 05, Megaplier: 4
                  Fri, Nov 8, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions41-42-51-57-65, Mega Ball: 07, Megaplier: 2
                  Fri, Jul 5, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions02-23-41-47-54, Mega Ball: 42, Megaplier: 4
                  Fri, Dec 14, 2012Multi-StateMega Millions11-28-33-41-43, Mega Ball: 41, Megaplier: 4

41 Looks like a Good number

Let it Snow Snowman

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19871 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Not a good chance.

I Agree!  Good Luck to you Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40561 Posts
                      Posted: December 4, 2013, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Always feel good about my tickets, until they P*** me off and I throw them in the fireplace.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #136375
                        December 9, 2012
                        112 Posts
                        Posted: December 4, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes, especially, after reading the story today about the Canadian woman who purchased a lottery ticket lost it and forgot about it until lottery officials tracked her down and showed up at her door making her $50 million dollars richer. We should all believe we have a chance. May all of us on LP be blessed like the Canadian woman and have the lottery officials track us down to bring us our $50 million dollars.

Party

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: December 4, 2013, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Not a good chance.

Yup, one for each draw, still buying the MM w/ MP outta habit or maybe addiction ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3856 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2013, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Always feel good about my tickets, until they P*** me off and I throw them in the fireplace.

Please don't do that til they're no longer good for deductions on winners.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                              Rochester
                              United States
                              Member #103282
                              January 1, 2011
                              603 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2013, 5:12 am - IP Logged

RDGRNR, long live the "quick picks".... Read my latest posting. Have a great day sir!Hurray!

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile