Welcome Guest
You last visited August 18, 2017, 7:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you feel like you even have a chance anymore?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RedStang.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
619 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2013, 5:13 am - IP Logged

Always play a "quick pick Nick!!!!!!!!!Party

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2013, 5:58 am - IP Logged
    Fri, Nov 29, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions09-41-43-47-57, Mega Ball: 05, Megaplier: 4
    Fri, Nov 8, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions41-42-51-57-65, Mega Ball: 07, Megaplier: 2
    Fri, Jul 5, 2013Multi-StateMega Millions02-23-41-47-54, Mega Ball: 42, Megaplier: 4
    Fri, Dec 14, 2012Multi-StateMega Millions11-28-33-41-43, Mega Ball: 41, Megaplier: 4

41 Looks like a Good number

Roger that, helpmewin, thanks.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:00 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Good Luck to you Lep

Thank you and good luck to you too...  Lep

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:05 am - IP Logged

Always feel good about my tickets, until they P*** me off and I throw them in the fireplace.

When I get really mad at my tickets I throw 'em down the outhouse.

That way they learn their lesson.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:16 am - IP Logged

Yup, one for each draw, still buying the MM w/ MP outta habit or maybe addiction ?

One ticket.

I look at it like keeping your foot in the door like the old Fuller Brush Men and other door-to-door salesmen used to do.

Sometimes the lady of the house would buy something just to get rid of them and be able to close the dam door.

But the salesman knew there was always a chance of a payoff as long as he kept his foot in the door.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:24 am - IP Logged

RDGRNR, long live the "quick picks".... Read my latest posting. Have a great day sir!Hurray!

Roger that, Nick, will do, you have a great one too, guy.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1740 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Lottonick56, do not disregard any numbers in the mega millions game.  I'm one of those people that feel that mega millions is not truely random when the numbers are picked.  But, you have to just pick numbers that you think will come out next.  I play qp's, my own numbers and I try to pick numbers that I think will come out next.  It is overwhelming because MM's sucks as a lotto game.  Keep trying, don't give up.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3160 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2013, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Always feel good about my tickets, until they P*** me off and I throw them in the fireplace.

Funny. I also throw the losers in my woodstove. Gives me a little satisfaction.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  452 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

When they changed the MM matrix I was disappointed at the greater odds and I feel a little like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

So, I gotta stay in anyway.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #145690
                    August 11, 2013
                    259 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I have no interest in MM anymore but the other day I decided to try it just for the heck of it.  So I bought a QP ticket and the numbers were a big joke.  Just all over the place.  No way I could even come up with a set of numbers like that. And not one number on the ticket matched any of the numbers drawn.  I thought it was just ridiculous.  I just don't see it worth me playing anymore.  Maybe when it reaches an outrageous jackpot I will buy a ticket but it will probably only be on really really really high jackpots.  I will rather take my chances on PB.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Chasing the Dream.
                      Utopia- California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4533 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2013, 1:51 am - IP Logged

Since you talking about " feelings".... thought you might like this little piece..

“It does good to no woman to be flattered [by a man] who does not intend to marry her; and it is madness in all women to let a  secret love kindle within them, which, if unreturned and unknown, must devour the life that feeds it; and, if discovered and responded to, must lead, ignis-fatuus-like, into miry wilds whence there is no extrication.” 

Charlotte Brontë Jane Eyre

* How about those chances?

kilkeel co down
                        Ireland
                        Member #149935
                        December 12, 2013
                        4 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

when the national lottery.co.uk

changed the stake to £2 per play line,this was a 100 per cent rise to  the players and what was worse they stopped the plus 5 which gave players a chance every night of the week for an extra £1 per line and also they reduced some of the top runner up prizes,what a rip off this was ,just imagine your gigs,  drink, grocery bill,electric,oil ,etc going up by 100 percent,there would be riots nationwide ,yet lottery gets away with it .

i used to do £18 a week on lottery now i spend £8 weekly on it ,and i might quit it altogether and do the irish lottrey instead.

half-fast's avatar - FNV Ace_of_Diamonds_-_Gomor
                          Ontario
                          Canada
                          Member #131940
                          August 22, 2012
                          24 Posts
                          Posted: December 13, 2013, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

This question is specifically for those who always "work the numbers" to help increase their chance of picking what they believe to be the most probable numbers. If you feel it is not impossible to increase your chances of winning the jackpot, please disregard.

Mega Millions' new matrix of 1-75 is so large it has resulted in me feeling like its practically impossible and overwhelming to try to eliminate numbers I do not think will be drawn next. Since the change has been made, there's been a drawing that included the first ball being 2 as well as another being 41. There has been a drawing where the fifth ball is a 44, as well as another being 75. With this, it makes it so much harder to play patterns and oddities.  The only numbers I feel like I can eliminate to help me a little bit are the numbers from the past drawing as repeat numbers have only occured twice since the change of matrix. I will not choose 9, 41, 43, 47, or 57 in tonight's drawing so that I can bring the total numbers down to 70. I will also ignore the 70s as they only make up 8% of all the numbers in the field, leaving me with 64 numbers to choose from...jeeze, these odds are ridiculous. 

Note: I am aware that every number has the same chance of coming up (1 in 75) as every other number (as long as it's part of the selection numbers [1-75]) but this is what I believe in, so leave me alone! Bash

Anyone else feel overwhelmed in trying to increase their chances in the new Mega Millions?

I 100% believe that you can examine the patterns, manipulate and massage the odds in both directions(increase your odds and lower the lottery's odds).  Ive run several simulations with my picks vs quickpick for a sample size of millions of comparisons, and the stats are there to prove you can increase your odds beyond a quickpick.

I certainly don't know everything about the lottery, but ive done my large share of research, problem-solving and experimentation, and what Ive found is, that if you have an effective and proven way to pick your numbers, you still need more lines than normal to see results.  With that said, the larger the matrix, or say, something not as drastic, like picking 7 numbers instead of 6(which pretty much doubles the odds of the regular 6/49) makes it extremely difficult to show that your lines are better, because the larger the matrix, or the higher the odds = more lines you need to play to see results.

My suggestion is play a 6/49 lottery where the odds are 1 in 14 million and one line of quickpick for the Mega Millions, and even though the prizes are not quite as alluring, at least you can see the fruits of your work.  The only way I would play a lottery larger than a 6/49 is if a line cost .25 to .50.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2013, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I've read everybody's thoughts and opinions and methods and systems on how to beat these odds and win this thing. 

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to get my Quick Pick.

elkton, maryland
                              United States
                              Member #85565
                              January 18, 2010
                              1037 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

I've read everybody's thoughts and opinions and methods and systems on how to beat these odds and win this thing. 

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to get my Quick Pick.

I Agree!

OGG