Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question? How does one deposit $550 million in the Bank?

Topic closed. 80 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ttech10.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2013, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Wire transfer? Then you can start moving the money up as needed. Floyd Maywhether has $123+ million sitting in one bank.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/266120/3257963

Correct, no state will give you that kind of money by check.  They will only WIRE the money to the bank you tell them to. 

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I see this a lot on LotteryPost. Can we please all agree that LOOSE means "not tight" and LOSE means "to not win or to no longer possess."

This is the internet, and it's 2013. You might as well ask people to know when they should or shouldn't use "to", too.  I'm just glad that most people can use "two" correctly.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I see this a lot on LotteryPost. Can we please all agree that LOOSE means "not tight" and LOSE means "to not win or to no longer possess."

Sometimes when the leash on your dog is too LOOSE, you might LOSE your dog permantly.  I dont really mind if you LOSE your dog because he keeps LETTING LOOSE on my lawn.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Correct, no state will give you that kind of money by check.  They will only WIRE the money to the bank you tell them to. 

CA lottery says they only do check, and do not do Electronic Funds Transfer.(EFT)

But they also say they will loan you one of their security people to accompany you to the bank. That must be fun. Love to see the look on the teller's face when you hand her a check for a few hundred million. "Oh my, let me get my manager....Harry, it's a big one!" And then they sit you down in the private area in a nice cushy chair with a latte and biscotti.

It's all electronic anyway, the check is just instructions for the bank to execute it. But I guess its nice to have a security guard to accompany you in case someone attacks you, steals the check, impersonates you, cashes the check at their bank, then wires it to the Cayman Islands all before you can cancel it. Gone...pooof!

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

How does one deposit $550 million in the bank?  Is there a special bank that can handle that amount?

I would say there are several answers to that question.

1) I would deposit 550 mil in the bank, with two armed guards, dual tasers and a personal Ninja that works 4 cash.

There is a special website called cash4ningas.com 

You can find all your Japanese bodyguard needs there.  You can even find some Cash4Samurai and even some Cash4SumoWrestlers.

2)Yes There is a definitely a special bank that you should use.  Its called a bank that specializes in loving Money.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

CA lottery says they only do check, and do not do Electronic Funds Transfer.(EFT)

But they also say they will loan you one of their security people to accompany you to the bank. That must be fun. Love to see the look on the teller's face when you hand her a check for a few hundred million. "Oh my, let me get my manager....Harry, it's a big one!" And then they sit you down in the private area in a nice cushy chair with a latte and biscotti.

It's all electronic anyway, the check is just instructions for the bank to execute it. But I guess its nice to have a security guard to accompany you in case someone attacks you, steals the check, impersonates you, cashes the check at their bank, then wires it to the Cayman Islands all before you can cancel it. Gone...pooof!

Can I get hot cocoa and oreos?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Can I get hot cocoa and oreos?

Bank manager: "Whatever you want Mr. LottoBoner. For $400 Mil, I'll get you a stripper and dim sum or anything else you want! Just name it!"

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Serge,  I don't think the prior comment was directed at you or anyone in speific.  I speak French also. The Chicago Manual of Style cites LOL as an exclamation:  LOL!  which seems like overkill to me.

It beats reading.......LOL....lol..lol............lol....yadda yadda...lol..... from a former member.

I think Todd has made a great tool available to LP members, its called a spell checker.

I think all members should use it or at least try to.  I try to.  After all, we should remain professional at all times.

That way when I try to say "specific", and really say "speific", nobody will say.  "Ya know, I see this on LP all the time, somebody on the forums says they have a speific system, when its really a superfantabulous system."  Or they say "You know you say your system is speific, but I really think its just shyte."

Now everyone with pet peeves better STFU before i kick your teeth down your throat!Jack-in-the-Box

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4852 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes when the leash on your dog is too LOOSE, you might LOSE your dog permantly.  I dont really mind if you LOSE your dog because he keeps LETTING LOOSE on my lawn.

... So if that keeps happening, you need to get a horse and take him to your neighbors yard. And since horse apples are

bigger THAN dog grapes, THEN you can tell him, "if you don't lose your dog, I won't lose my horse."   Green laugh

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: December 14, 2013, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Bank manager: "Whatever you want Mr. LottoBoner. For $400 Mil, I'll get you a stripper and dim sum or anything else you want! Just name it!"

Well thats very kind of you Bank Manager.  I would also like a poached egg with a dash of cinnamon, and some naked juggling midgets if thats not too much to ask.  They are really talented you know, and they work hard for the money.

And how bout a Panda Bear? Can I get a Panda Bear?

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                      Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4852 Posts
                      Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I think Todd has made a great tool available to LP members, its called a spell checker.

I think all members should use it or at least try to.  I try to.  After all, we should remain professional at all times.

That way when I try to say "specific", and really say "speific", nobody will say.  "Ya know, I see this on LP all the time, somebody on the forums says they have a speific system, when its really a superfantabulous system."  Or they say "You know you say your system is speific, but I really think its just shyte."

Now everyone with pet peeves better STFU before i kick your teeth down your throat!Jack-in-the-Box

Um, shouldn't the i in your last sentence have been "I"?  Jester Laugh

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Build your own bank with a big vault Big Grin

I agree with chipp here.  I guess you could build a small bank for 1 million.

And then store your own money in the bank in a expensive vault, and pay a ninja to guard your cash.  That's only like 30,000 per year overhead for the lethal security.

And then maybe you could go into the banking business, and give loans to small business.

You could loan to startup a business, called CASH4$hit.com

People will outsource to this company to pick up what your dog let LOOSE outside my window.  They even have a team of horses.  As a bonus (for a small additional fee) the horses will kick that pesky dog into oblivion.Jester Laugh

Sacramento, CA
                          United States
                          Member #142454
                          May 12, 2013
                          66 Posts
                          Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

If CA gives me a live check for my eventual-maybe-someday JP win, I'm going to my old Citibank branch in the rattiest **** clothes I can find and asking for the private banker. Then, when they try to steer me toward the regular staff, I'm going to flash the check and tell them to let corporate know how much money they just lost. At last, vengence shall be mine! Muahahahaha.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Um, shouldn't the i in your last sentence have been "I"?  Jester Laugh

Your right, I f%$ked up royally there.

Thats one of my pet peeves, people who say "Me and Bob went to the store"

Then everybody says dummy, "Its Bob and I went to the store.

And then I am like "I dont give a F%$K!!!  Bob had no money to spend anyway!!!!"

"I had to buy everything!" 

What a moocher bob is.

I think I still have time to edit it.

Thanks for the heads up!Thumbs Up

Oh well ran out of time.  Mised Missed it by sixty seconds.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: December 14, 2013, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

... So if that keeps happening, you need to get a horse and take him to your neighbors yard. And since horse apples are

bigger THAN dog grapes, THEN you can tell him, "if you don't lose your dog, I won't lose my horse."   Green laugh

lol

opps, i meant to say LOL oops, i mean, i forget

But very funny.  I will have to see how much it costs to rent a horse.

You haven't seen this dog though.  It looks like a small horse.