Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions odds 1:259 Million, almost half already used up..

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Hamp101.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2013, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Just read online today from Mega Millions reps and they just said half of the 259 million possible numbers have been bought so far.. So this means the other 50% combos have not been bought up.. Well i think there will be no winners tomorrow or Fridays drawings.. HOLYYYYYYYYY Smokessss Folks are you ready to see a 1.2 Billion Jackpot? I can only imagine if that comes it it and i can see long lines all over the USA even our neighbor Canucks will drive over to buy tickets.. 

Let's get ready to Rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Dance

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #129225
    June 13, 2012
    546 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Just read online today from Mega Millions reps and they just said half of the 259 million possible numbers have been bought so far.. So this means the other 50% combos have not been bought up.. Well i think there will be no winners tomorrow or Fridays drawings.. HOLYYYYYYYYY Smokessss Folks are you ready to see a 1.2 Billion Jackpot? I can only imagine if that comes it it and i can see long lines all over the USA even our neighbor Canucks will drive over to buy tickets.. 

Let's get ready to Rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Dance

If over half of the combos have been purchased already and we still have 30 plus hours to go I suspect it will be hit tomorrow night.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
      Columbus, Ohio
      United States
      Member #128906
      June 5, 2012
      591 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow will be interesting

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions odds 1:259 Million, almost half already used up..

Which half?

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #125918
          March 31, 2012
          362 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Paula Otto, executive director of the Virginia Lottery and Mega Millions' lead director, told the Associated Press on Sunday that sales were up by as much as 20 percent over weekend numbers and were expected to spike on Tuesday, the day of the drawing.

"I think we'll be very close to the record, and maybe even surpass it," Otto said, adding that sales are difficult to predict.

"Lotto players are procrastinators. They tend to buy on the day of the draw," she said.

As of Friday, players had bought enough tickets to cover roughly half of the 259 million possible number combinations, Otto said.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

DATELINE: Urbandale, Iowa

Mega Millions officials have just announced that 258,890,849 combinations have been sold and they are locking out the last one.

The Superbook in Vegas says No Action on that combination as they consider it a lock, and nothing in Vegas has ever been a lock.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #125918
              March 31, 2012
              362 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions officials have just announced that 258,890,849 combinations have been sold and they are locking out the last one.

The Superbook in Vegas says No Action on that combination as they consider it a lock, and nothing in Vegas has ever been a lock.

Scared

Oh wow then for sure someone will win it tonight and hope it's me.. :)

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #129225
                June 13, 2012
                546 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

If you would win it tonight it would be news to everyone!!  I wouldn't have even had time to purchase my ticket!!

United States
                  Member #125918
                  March 31, 2012
                  362 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Locking out the last one? Does that mean the last combo numbers is going to be the winning numbers?

gnozahs's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
                    Member #148996
                    November 17, 2013
                    28 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Based on that alone, someone is bound to win it.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3854 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Impossible to win tonight, maybe you have a time machine ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2013, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Scared

CoinToss, if this is true then I'm correct about there being 2 or 3 winners, as I stated in another thread.

B/C I hav'nt bought my tix. yet,

and that means someone already has the #s I will get on a QP,

that is unless the w/held combo is whats drawn.

If that happens then you're going to hear a lot about how it must be fixed.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3157 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Scared

I want to see a ticket that says: 1 2 3 4 5-- (6), then i'll believe all combos were sold.

Morrison, IL
                            United States
                            Member #4657
                            May 13, 2004
                            1884 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if the record CASH OPTION jackpot will be surpassed as well on Tuesday.  Remember the annuity is larger at any given cash value now, since they now pay in graduated installments, whereas under the old record, it was paid in equal installments.

---

United States
                              Member #125918
                              March 31, 2012
                              362 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2013, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

So this means 1.? Million combinations are left to play and I really wonder if 259. Million can be sold before drawing deadline tomorrow.....