Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Did You Overhear In Line Today?? MM 636M 12/17/13

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23217 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

What were people playing in front of you?

Or didn't you listen? (I did lol)

Were there lines?

Or did you get in and out no waiting?

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

Pita Maha's avatar - 940d8157 d1fb-4f70-a715-6ad04d915489.jpg
    SW Florida
    United States
    Member #145673
    August 11, 2013
    152 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Nothing exciting here.  It's a small town.  Only 3 people in front of me.  They all played under $10, QPs.  I picked my own numbers this time, $3 worth (a splurge).

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #61435
      May 22, 2008
      910 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2013, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Central Florida....lots more people in line than usual at the various Publix Supermarkets I buy my tickets at.  LOTS of obvious first timers in line not sure what they were buying, lol....  Seasoned players like us talking about how to claim, how to remain as anonymous as possible....wishing each other good luck...people buying for Christmas cards, stockings and office pools......

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Went to two stores and no lines at either one!

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          1048 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Were there lines?

I had one ticket and while I was out bought two more with megaplier.  While I was picking my numbers, two men came in to buy Mega tickets, one guy asked the clerk where she wanted to go when he won lol. 

I asked another the clerk how the sales were going and she laughed and said Mega Millions tickets is all she is selling in the store today!

Good Luck everyone.Noel

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I went to 2 stores and no line here either.  The clerk at the 2nd store said "It only takes one to win!"

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #149492
              December 2, 2013
              919 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I went to two liquor stores in Los Angeles about an hour ago.  No one buying lottery tickets at either store.  The second store usually does brisk lottery business too.  Maybe there will be a mad rush closer to the deadline.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                United States
                Member #50210
                March 1, 2007
                843 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Orlando area. Short line in front of me at the Publix supermarket with no one really saying anything. Got my 2 picks courtesy of my children's forecasting wisdom and went on my way.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                  North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #64582
                  September 1, 2008
                  347 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Just lots of people telling me not to bother to play because they already bought the winning ticket. Seriously, heard that a LOT today!

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10389 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Good thread, dr65.

I'm in the sticks, too, so usually no lines. Weren't really lines today but the first place we tried to play had this lovely scenario going on......two guys went up to the counter, put a bunch of ones and fives on it, and then asked the clerk, "Which is the big lotto game, how much is it to play, and how many numbers do you have to pick".

The clerk told them $1 or $2 and then they asked how much nine lines would cost. This is a college town and I was so tempted to ask them if they were math majors at the university.

Bang Head

So we said the heck with it nd went to a supermarket. No line at all.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #77815
                      August 1, 2009
                      3460 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I heard a older man behind me say " I am going to win with her tonight". I hope he is right.

Guess Who's Back?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Were there lines?

Never any lines around here except fer chewin' tobaccy.

Onliest one there was Mr Patel and he said his usual "Haylo, how you do my fuhdaynd?" and I said my usual "Purty good Patsy, how 'bout yer ownself? which he don't really like all that much. He asked me a couple times early on why I call him Patsy but I just stare at him and stick a big old wad o' chew in my mouth and mumble stuff back at him 'til he stops askin'. Truth be told, I don't know why I call him Patsy, I probably thought it was a good nickname for Patel at one time or another I guess. He don't ask no more anyway. He mostly wants to get me outta there before I spit. And in East Tennessee, when you gotta spit, you spit. Swallerin' all that tobaccy juice ain't healthy. 

Anyway, I got a couple lines with the megaplier and paid him and he said his usual "Thank you veddy much, my fuhdaynd."

Then I asked him if he's gonna play and he said no, that he never plays lottery games.

And I said "OK then, Adios Patsy" and he said "OK, Adios, my fuhdaynd" and I vamoosed on outta there.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                          Connecticut
                          United States
                          Member #61623
                          May 29, 2008
                          20581 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

No lines at the store I go to.It's snowin like hell and its only a corner store.It was so dead in the store he asked me to watch the door so he could do his 3 minute prayer  lol.

Anyhow,I bought 5 lines on separate ticks with the megaplier.

Good Luck all!!!

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I went to two liquor stores in Los Angeles about an hour ago.  No one buying lottery tickets at either store.  The second store usually does brisk lottery business too.  Maybe there will be a mad rush closer to the deadline.

I went to regular place and there was about 14 cars in the lot, I thought ohno I'll have to wait in line (hav'nt done that in 10 years)

No, there was only 1 person at  the lottery counter.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Sacramento, CA
                              United States
                              Member #142454
                              May 12, 2013
                              66 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2013, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Bought mine at the gas station, several people ahead of me and everyone was getting tickets. Few more came in after, definitely more people than I normally see on the way home.

There was a middle aged guy who had a temper tantrum. He could not understand the new play slips - old MM and current PB/CA Superlotto have a white block next to a red block, new MM has white above red. Apparently he did 'two' tickets by filling out one white and one red section. Machine rejected it and he starts up with "Why don't you know how to do your job?" The clerk could've checked and noticed before the machine spit it back out, but hello? You didn't think something was funky with your first ticket having 75 numbers to choose from and the second having only 15? 

I just smiled, had exact change ready and used my please and thank you.