Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Next round of jackpot frenzy

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 3 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which game will create the next jackpot frenzy?

Mega Millions [ 22 ]  [61.11%]
Power Ball [ 13 ]  [36.11%]
A State Pick 6 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
A foreign game [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
A game not yet available [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
SaintAndiesPl's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
Yonkers, NY
United States
Member #127830
May 10, 2012
123 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I almost guarantee you it would have rolled again if the numbers drawn would have been 51-56-61-65-74 MB: 15 for example.

Yep.. even if one of the numbers were  a high one like the numbers you posted.. it may have been a different outcome.. Let me not say that... I bet the new winners would not want to hear that lolLeaving

It Takes More Than a Dollar and a Dream :)

United States
    Member #135804
    November 29, 2012
    332 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:41 am - IP Logged

PB sales are so healthy, heck, there's a slight possibility next Wednesday's jackpot may be higher than $70 million!!

Good call. Leading up to the $400+ mega jackpots, sales for PB were very poor, but it lucked out in timing with the reset. Sales in the first couple of drawings benefited from the extra store traffic - people buying both games, or ignorant people buying powerball tickets instead of mega. Now that the headline jackpot is above mega, it should stay strong.

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Yep.  PB jackpot is now at $74 million.  That is a three roll record!!  I guess Powerball's set prize / guaranteed jackpot reserve is finally full as well, as the cash jackpot seems to be reflecting ~32% of sales, per the rules.

---

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        Happyland
        United States
        Member #146344
        September 1, 2013
        1131 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2013, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Yep.  PB jackpot is now at $74 million.  That is a three roll record!!  I guess Powerball's set prize / guaranteed jackpot reserve is finally full as well, as the cash jackpot seems to be reflecting ~32% of sales, per the rules.

Correct....PB reserve was turned "off" after the 12/11 drawing. It was turned on for the 11/20 drawing forward so it seems to fluctuate every cycle.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2013, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Correct....PB reserve was turned "off" after the 12/11 drawing. It was turned on for the 11/20 drawing forward so it seems to fluctuate every cycle.

What is the size of the PB reserve fund?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19964 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2013, 3:04 am - IP Logged

in '2014'  both winners will be in California Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: December 22, 2013, 3:08 am - IP Logged

I said Mega, because generally I play Mega and not PB.

However If I play Mega, than my choice should be PB, because I am going to hit Mega, and prevent it from going into frenzy status.

Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1131 Posts
                Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

What is the size of the PB reserve fund?

Well there are three parts to it: Set-Aside Account (guaranteed starting jackpots, rollovers), Set Prize Reserve Account (guaranteed set prizes), and Prize Reserve Account (grand prizes claims from system errors, emergencies, etc). They are deducted in that order

Set-Aside has max balance of $20 million, SPRA has max balance of $40 million, and PRA has max balance of $80 million. Earlier this year they decided to start deducting 2% once annuity reaches $120 million and 4% when it exceeds $250 million. I don't know if that has been implemented yet. If it hasn't then they are still using the flat 2% deduction, activated only when the fund is becoming depleted.

They may also deduct 0.04% of sales for the Power Play reserve account, although the SPRA can be used for this as well.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Well there are three parts to it: Set-Aside Account (guaranteed starting jackpots, rollovers), Set Prize Reserve Account (guaranteed set prizes), and Prize Reserve Account (grand prizes claims from system errors, emergencies, etc). They are deducted in that order

Set-Aside has max balance of $20 million, SPRA has max balance of $40 million, and PRA has max balance of $80 million. Earlier this year they decided to start deducting 2% once annuity reaches $120 million and 4% when it exceeds $250 million. I don't know if that has been implemented yet. If it hasn't then they are still using the flat 2% deduction, activated only when the fund is becoming depleted.

They may also deduct 0.04% of sales for the Power Play reserve account, although the SPRA can be used for this as well.

Thanks, figured since you work for the lottery, you'd be the one to ask. Wink

Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1131 Posts
                    Posted: December 22, 2013, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, figured since you work for the lottery, you'd be the one to ask. Wink

Actually I don't.....I just have extensive sources of information on lottery matters Wink

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: December 22, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Actually I don't.....I just have extensive sources of information on lottery matters Wink

Sorry, figured since you work for the lottery in the lottery industry, you'd be the one to ask.  Wink

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3315 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2014, 5:58 am - IP Logged

I picked mega as it has  such long odds, it  ripe for rollover. just needs a bad run of luck for punters and bam a new record

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318