Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you had the feeling of being scared to check winning ticket?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24339
October 21, 2005
23 Posts
Posted: January 1, 2014, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Well someone last night here in WA state won $1 million and i peeked in my wallet and i see the first number right and closed it right away.... I feel nervous and as you know i almost hit the lottery 4 times in my lifetime and just that one number is always off.. So now these days i get little nervous and don't know how to react if i hit it....  Please insert the JAWS shark theme... Crazy

About 9 or 10 years ago, when the Powerball was I think 33 million, I started checking my numbers.  2nd line the powerball matched so i checked the rest of the line, first number matched, oh look second number matched I never get 2 numbers..... 3rd number. matched... I started to get very hot and almost started sweating.  I remember getting very nervous.  Unfornunately (fortunately?) that ended when the 4th number didn't match.  The $100 win was nice though.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    919 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2014, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Well someone last night here in WA state won $1 million and i peeked in my wallet and i see the first number right and closed it right away.... I feel nervous and as you know i almost hit the lottery 4 times in my lifetime and just that one number is always off.. So now these days i get little nervous and don't know how to react if i hit it....  Please insert the JAWS shark theme... Crazy

Well, since I do not realistically EXPECT to win due to the astronomical odds against winning, I have no problem having my slim HOPES of winning dashed by checking my ticket right away and finding out only that first number matched the numbers drawn. Additionally, I do not get excited by jackpot amount as even the minimum jackpot prize of the multi state games would be great for my net worth!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      919 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2014, 9:23 am - IP Logged

About 9 or 10 years ago, when the Powerball was I think 33 million, I started checking my numbers.  2nd line the powerball matched so i checked the rest of the line, first number matched, oh look second number matched I never get 2 numbers..... 3rd number. matched... I started to get very hot and almost started sweating.  I remember getting very nervous.  Unfornunately (fortunately?) that ended when the 4th number didn't match.  The $100 win was nice though.

When I was a young enlisted sailor stationed in Orlando over 20 years ago, I bought a $3 QP for Florida Lotto and unfortunately for me (fortunately for the Navy) the first line contained 3 of the numbers drawn and the second line had the other three numbers. I forget the exact amount of chump change I won, but it was agonizing to have all 6 numbers on a single ticket--albeit on 2 different lines---and not win the jackpot prize. I think that is actually worse than someone merely winning 2nd or 3rd tier prize. 

Also has anyone ever wondered why no psychic has ever won lottery?

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19964 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Thought we should go to Todds saying about getting struck by lightning while getting eaten by a shark hahaha....

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman