Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$180 Mistake! What would you have done?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2014, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Exactly, especially when you are playing with pool money. Just use playslips people. Just fill out playslips

I think some players enjoy having someone else to blame for their losing.  The other day as I was buying my lottery tickets one of the other customers asked me out loud "Does the clerk sell you losers too" and I replied "He sells me what I want 'cause I make out play slips.  If they are losers, it's my own fault".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sacramento, CA
    United States
    Member #142454
    May 12, 2013
    66 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2014, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Amen on the clerks thing. Before CA got PB, I used to buy multidraw tickets on my last day, so I'd have 5 weeks of tickets in the pot. One time, the clerk was absolutely certain you couldn't play future dates and refused to even look at the screen for the option (even though there were no other customers in line) because 'you can't play when you don't know how much it's for.'

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
      Rochester
      United States
      Member #103282
      January 1, 2011
      603 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2014, 7:47 am - IP Logged

It wasn't your fault. If it was a few bucks, yah you could of maybe swung it, but this is much more. It was her fault.No Pity!

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2014, 7:59 am - IP Logged

The only time I don't use a play slip is if I am buying one quick pick for the current draw.  Anything over or with multiplay options I use a play slip.

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

If you fill out your play slips with a marker type pen and you have other play slips under them, some times there will be bleed though that you may not notice and the terminals will read them as marks.  I've even had dirty terminals read the dirt on their screens as marks on my play slips.

Or sometimes its a glich in the system. I handed a card for 3way numbers last night to a clerk which should total $4, they come back and said $8? I look, and one of the 4 numbers printed 5 times? We both look at the card and there is NOTHING on the MULTI ticket part for that number ---- REALLY strange!  And of course I kept the numbers and they didn't hit Crying

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2014, 8:57 am - IP Logged

well if i was a clerk and mistakes come out of MY PAY i wouldnt accept verbal purchase. id want everything filled out on a entry  form. and your mistake is your problem.  svwe he clerks the drama and  fill out forms, once you have done  it you wont need to fil the forms again

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2014, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Just another example of why clerks should be removed from the process entirely.

Millions of dollars are being made by the states, let them invest some of it to automate the whole process, from buying tickets to cashing them in with Lottery ATM's.

Let the only human error be made by the player and remove the opportunity for mistakes, blunders, fraud and theft by clerks.

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #150273
                December 18, 2013
                495 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2014, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Millions of dollars are being made by the states, let them invest some of it to automate the whole process, from buying tickets to cashing them in with Lottery ATM's.

Let the only human error be made by the player and remove the opportunity for mistakes, blunders, fraud and theft by clerks.

Thumbs Up

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                  Jacksonville, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #140364
                  March 17, 2013
                  195 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2014, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

It wasn't your fault. If it was a few bucks, yah you could of maybe swung it, but this is much more. It was her fault.No Pity!

Yeah if it was a few dollars, I would have just paid for it and kept it. Happened in the past and I actually won a few dollrs.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: January 5, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                      Texas Panhandle
                      United States
                      Member #136843
                      December 20, 2012
                      1275 Posts
                      Posted: January 5, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I Agree! w/ your agreement.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                        P A
                        United States
                        Member #117331
                        October 3, 2011
                        6921 Posts
                        Posted: January 5, 2014, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Or try going to  somplace or someone who doesn't make mistakes.

I wouldn't keep going to the same person if its been a problem in the past.

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22891 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2014, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I'd sure be angry about that. But if you aren't sure you really said the name of the game you wanted, is it still her fault?

She should have confirmed your order if it was that much. Some clerks will repeat 3 times what you want, which is annoying

but I guess they've been burned before.

Don't stores make some money on lottery sales? I guess if they make mistakes and can't sell them that is taking out of their

earnings - but then the ones who make the employee pay, and I've heard quite a few complain mistakes are taken from their

pay, aren't losing much or are they? They'd be losing a customer - me - because I want someone who can do my order on

verbal command...I don't like slips.

Find a place where the lottery people are quick and capable.

If I was sure I stated my order correctly, I would not pay for them. Not my fault or problem.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7308 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2014, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I think some players enjoy having someone else to blame for their losing.  The other day as I was buying my lottery tickets one of the other customers asked me out loud "Does the clerk sell you losers too" and I replied "He sells me what I want 'cause I make out play slips.  If they are losers, it's my own fault".

I know for a fact I can play some lottery games for multiple drawings because I read the State Lottery rules and regulations. And if a clerk tells me I can't, I know there are several other stores that sell lottery tickets. Maybe part of playing lottery games for some players is arguing with and blaming clerks.

"I think some players enjoy having someone else to blame for their losing."

As long as the clerks are part of the process and players ask for QPs, the clerks are the natural person to blame. We have auto vending machines for scratch-offs and online games. We can fill out play slip to pick our numbers or buy QPs and the there is a scanner that gives credits for winning tickets. In big letters above the scanner it explains the machine only gives credits for play and a player will scan a $50 winning ticket, take the credits and blame the clerk because they can't get the cash.

Eventually lotteries will sell all their drawn game tickets Online and your guess is as good as mine on who the players will blame for their mistakes.