Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New pick 7 daily game in Texas

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMetro.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3157 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2014, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Naaaah, think I'll pass on this one...looks like another sucker's game. I'd rather just drop a few dollars on our regular Pick (6) lotto game where when only (6) are matched from a field of (54), you get the millions. And, it's only $1 per play with the choice of an additional $1 for the EXTRA play. This is a winner all the around in terms of BFTB...bang for the buck. Just take a good look at the new payout break down with the EXTRA feature added when matching (3) numbers...you get $13 now instead of $3. Drawing an additional (4) numbers will not make that much difference at all. Even so, with getting (4) numbers you'll see $5 vs. the same $13 on the regular 1-54 w/the EXTRA option factored in.

They wanna charge more money for essentially the same odds with a new game when the field is basically the same...and they wanna give LESS $ for matching the same (3) numbers???? LMFAO on this one!!!! You know, they say that the lottery games are a tax on those not good at math...and this looks to be a math test. You've been tutored here by the one and only and I'm glad to shed some 'true light' on this darkness. Class is dismissed.

L.L.

Right. Their desperate or greedy when they have to charge 2$. It's almost impossible just to get 6 nums out of 80 drawn. I only play the 2$ Lucky for Life because the prize is 1k a day. Stick with your State lotto.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Naaaah, think I'll pass on this one...looks like another sucker's game. I'd rather just drop a few dollars on our regular Pick (6) lotto game where when only (6) are matched from a field of (54), you get the millions. And, it's only $1 per play with the choice of an additional $1 for the EXTRA play. This is a winner all the around in terms of BFTB...bang for the buck. Just take a good look at the new payout break down with the EXTRA feature added when matching (3) numbers...you get $13 now instead of $3. Drawing an additional (4) numbers will not make that much difference at all. Even so, with getting (4) numbers you'll see $5 vs. the same $13 on the regular 1-54 w/the EXTRA option factored in.

They wanna charge more money for essentially the same odds with a new game when the field is basically the same...and they wanna give LESS $ for matching the same (3) numbers???? LMFAO on this one!!!! You know, they say that the lottery games are a tax on those not good at math...and this looks to be a math test. You've been tutored here by the one and only and I'm glad to shed some 'true light' on this darkness. Class is dismissed.

L.L.

Have you ever seen a lottery game that wasn't a sucker's bet???? LOL

This game and Lotto Texas are in two different categories. The matches are different because instead of matching 6 of 6 as with Lotto Texas, you are matching 7 of 10. Like I mentioned earlier it was a little confusing to calculate the odds, but if you have Excel you can use the HYPGEOM.DIST function. This game is more similiar to the existing All or Nothing game. Nevertheless, I thought it would be interesting to post a chart comparing LT to TTC.

Lotto Texas w/ExtraTexas Triple Chance
    MatchRound OddsCash PrizeMatch~ OddsCash Prize
    6 of 625,827,165$3,000,000+7 of 10563,688.5$100,000
    5 of 689,678$12,0006 of 107,158.3$500
    4 of 61,526$1505 of 10271.5$25
    3 of 675$134 of 1023.0$5
    2 of 69$23 of 104.1$2
    Overall7.6-Overall3.6-

I agree with rcbbuckeye that Texas Two-Step has the best jackpot odds for a dollar. Lotto Texas hasn't seen a worthy jackpot in a couple of years.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2014, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

*Correction to my Lotto Texas table. The overall odds are 1 in 7.9 not 7.6

Texas Triple Chance is actually worth more than Lotto Texas on the first two prize levels (bottom up), then becomes slightly worth less on the next one and about twice as less on the second prize. The Texas Triple Chance jackpot is worth more until Lotto Texas reaches $4,600,000 cash or so.

If you're looking to do breakeven or better, this new game will be the best in their drawings portfolio.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1