Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

favorite retailer to play at?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rowlettewheel.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
txwinr's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #1998
August 6, 2003
30 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2014, 7:27 am - IP Logged

I'm in Texas and I've bounced around from retailer to retailer and haven't found "the place" I like to play until a recent trip to dallas and one to Abilene (close to home).  The one in Dallas is awesome, they have EVERY type of scratch off and 2 self machines!  It's in farmer's branch and has places to sit down and scratch or get a drink too. The one in abilene is really cool, newly opened coffee shop with a self machine and clerks that don't seem to get annoyed at helping you with lottery.  I hate going to the gas stations anymore so I restrict myself to these two places and none of them smell like smoke either!    I pick my own numbers so I've never felt one place felt luckier.   Have any of you been to either the farmer's branch or Abilene one???

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2014, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I'm in Texas and I've bounced around from retailer to retailer and haven't found "the place" I like to play until a recent trip to dallas and one to Abilene (close to home).  The one in Dallas is awesome, they have EVERY type of scratch off and 2 self machines!  It's in farmer's branch and has places to sit down and scratch or get a drink too. The one in abilene is really cool, newly opened coffee shop with a self machine and clerks that don't seem to get annoyed at helping you with lottery.  I hate going to the gas stations anymore so I restrict myself to these two places and none of them smell like smoke either!    I pick my own numbers so I've never felt one place felt luckier.   Have any of you been to either the farmer's branch or Abilene one???

Not from Texas but all I can say on a fav retailer to play at is well, the one that sells me a winning ticket of course LOL 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10391 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2014, 11:34 am - IP Logged

txwinr,

I'm not in Texas either, someone here at LP once posted about a lottery store in South Carolina. It sounded like the ultimate 'lotto lounge.'

The town I'm in only has three places with lotto machines and only one of them takes playslips.....the other two are strictly scratchers and quick picks. One of them is set up so you can only get Mega Millions for $1, no megaplier. This happened after Illinois put in the "Hit or Miss" ripoff game.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2014, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

My favorite retailer is one that has a machine that usually works.  That's usually Rite Aid or Albertson's.

My least favorite retailer is one where the %&*# machine never works.  I just came from Fred Meyer at Franklin and Orchard where I tried to use a play slip for a $1 Hot Lotto and, as usual, it won't take the play slip.  I've complained and complained for a couple years but it never gets fixed.  I pretty much quit going to that Fred Meyer for anything, because I'd rather go somewhere I can get my lottery while I'm at it.

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
          Member #146028
          August 22, 2013
          849 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2014, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I tend to seek out places most people would probably consider "a real hole in the wall".

Reason: Should I be fortunate enough to win big I don't mind helping in establishing a small mom & pop operation (usually struggling these days) as a "Lucky Place" to play.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            910 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2014, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Publix Supermarkets.  They sell by far the most winning tickets because....surprise..... they sell more tickets overall than anyone....

Apollo7's avatar - PHFXq6Q
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #151006
              January 4, 2014
              17 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2014, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I'm still searching for "the place" to buy tickets, but fortunately everywhere I've bought tickets has had no problem taking playslips.  I would like to find a self service lotto machine.  Those don't seem to be a thing yet at the retailers I've found.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2014, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

The 7-11 close by the house. The owner's name is Patel.

Green laugh

He also has a restaurant a couple of blocks away called "Curry in a Hurry". Love the Samosas.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  5116 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2014, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

The 7-11 close by the house. The owner's name is Patel.

Green laugh

He also has a restaurant a couple of blocks away called "Curry in a Hurry". Love the Samosas.

I didn't know we were neighbors.... LOL

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Ontario
                    Canada
                    Member #149860
                    December 10, 2013
                    18 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I buy from different places although I tend to prefer convenience stores like 7 eleven, Mac's etc luckily I leave in an area where lottery locations are literally everywhere so plenty of options

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                      Texas Panhandle
                      United States
                      Member #136843
                      December 20, 2012
                      1387 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2014, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I buy my lottery tickets at either one of two liquor stores here in town.  An Allsups convenience store is closer, but IF I did win w/ a ticket from there, the store bonus for selling a winning ticket would go to the New Mexico corporate office and I'd prefer it stay here in town.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                       - George Orwell

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2014, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I'm still searching for "the place" to buy tickets, but fortunately everywhere I've bought tickets has had no problem taking playslips.  I would like to find a self service lotto machine.  Those don't seem to be a thing yet at the retailers I've found.

I heard tell the flatlanders way out west around Nashville have lottery machines.

But the Dragon Lady said she don't like her no hillbillies, so East Tennessee ain't gettin' none.

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2014, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I didn't know we were neighbors.... LOL

You know Patel too?

Thumbs Up

Their Shwarma is the best in town.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19964 Posts
                            Posted: January 9, 2014, 7:58 am - IP Logged

When looked up on the websites you can see where most Winners come out of, here they are always up North but we do get a few slips here and there.

For me i say grocery stores  Smiley

I already checked Texas when i lived there and the panhandle wasn't one of them LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                              Texas Panhandle
                              United States
                              Member #136843
                              December 20, 2012
                              1387 Posts
                              Posted: January 9, 2014, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

When looked up on the websites you can see where most Winners come out of, here they are always up North but we do get a few slips here and there.

For me i say grocery stores  Smiley

I already checked Texas when i lived there and the panhandle wasn't one of them LOL

$2 million Powerball ticket sold in Amarillo

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                               - George Orwell