Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How is powerball changing?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
Ontario
Canada
Member #137286
December 31, 2012
93 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2014, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

If no one gets that information for you, you might try checking the New York lottery website.  Good luck.

I checked New York lottery news and couldn't find any news on any Powerball changes?

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
    Ontario
    Canada
    Member #137286
    December 31, 2012
    93 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Ahh, found this:

http://lottostatistics.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/powerball-power-play-changes-coming-january-2014/

So changes will take place "AFTER" the draw on Jan 18th, so I'm good to go for the 19th with my renewal. Now if they could just have advance plays for 52 draws  :-)

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2014, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Most of those side bet games have nothing to do with the main games but you can't play them unless you're playing the main games.  Ohio has a similar game called the K-I-C-K-E-R which is an auto pick6 game that you play with Classic Lotto for an extra dollar and if you match 2 numbers or more in order starting with the first position you can win $1-$5000.

KY has the K-I-C-K-E-R too and it's an auto pick-5, but the last digit is 0 - 4.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2014, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Ohio has added the information about PowerBall powerplay changes.  I guess MegaMillions' megaplier variable amounts put pressure on PB to change from its fixed amount.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2014, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I was going down to NY State on Sunday Jan 19th to renew my tickets for the next 26 draws. I'm wondering if I won't be able to do the advance play for 26 draws since they are going to change things? Can someone check on that for me? If need be I'll wait until Jan 25/26 to go down and renew my tickets. Thanks

I don't see any reason that the change should interfere with buying advance plays. You already have to decide whther or not you're going to spend the extra $1 for the powerplay option. The only thing that's changing is that powerplay is doing away with the  fixed payouts in favor of the random multiplier.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2014, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't see any reason that the change should interfere with buying advance plays. You already have to decide whther or not you're going to spend the extra $1 for the powerplay option. The only thing that's changing is that powerplay is doing away with the  fixed payouts in favor of the random multiplier.

I tried playing my usual monthly multi-picks and the terminals wouldn't do it and the clerks didn't know why (naturally).

I found the answer on the Virginia Site.

They said PB would not be accepting multi-picks until after the draw on the 18th.