Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Think??

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2014, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

she's obviously talking about scratchers and NOT about MM or PB that cannot possibly be doctored to the advantage of some certain gas station or 7-eleven ..

If you know the next PB or MM combination to be drawn, it doesn't matters where you buy your ticket.  Not only that, you can share the information with your buddies anywhere in the country and they can win too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #108072
    March 20, 2011
    33 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2014, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I won a descent payout on a scratchoff a couple years ago 10k when I took it and cashed it in the lady at the state office did not ask where I bought the ticket and some how the ticket found its way to where I bought it and put on display for advertisement so go figure, also it seems that alot of winners here in Illinois are in Chicago and that area far less winners downstate, they say because more population up there which could be true but they also like to keep the tax dollars up there as well,after all Illinois had two governers in federal prison in rescent years, even though Springfield is the capital the goveners seem to live and stay in Chicago where most all the big wigs live, in short I think they know exactly where the big winners are...Jester

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5588 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2014, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I won a descent payout on a scratchoff a couple years ago 10k when I took it and cashed it in the lady at the state office did not ask where I bought the ticket and some how the ticket found its way to where I bought it and put on display for advertisement so go figure, also it seems that alot of winners here in Illinois are in Chicago and that area far less winners downstate, they say because more population up there which could be true but they also like to keep the tax dollars up there as well,after all Illinois had two governers in federal prison in rescent years, even though Springfield is the capital the goveners seem to live and stay in Chicago where most all the big wigs live, in short I think they know exactly where the big winners are...Jester

They didn't have to ask you. They know where you bought the tic from the pack number. That doesn't mean they knew what the winning tics were. But they know where the individual packs go.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #100025
        November 4, 2010
        158 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2014, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Too funny!  You like the name.. aye?  Yes, I consider myself a LottoMomma since I am SO addicted to the lotto, lottery and winning the same! LOL

Thanks for your post and the chuckle!

Michigan
          United States
          Member #100025
          November 4, 2010
          158 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2014, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Yep, RDGRNR..

You're right... I was talking scratchers and I am sorry I didn't specify that.. certainly didn't mean to confuse anyone.  Thanks for your reponse.. had some good thoughts come back. 

LM

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2014, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Your definition of fair might not be the same as theirs, as long as they aren't targeting a particular person to win they may thing it's totally fair to place winning tickets any where they want to.

Twenty years ago, Ohio had a contest in which players could mail in losing tickets and get a second chance in a random drawing to win a prize.  The random drawings consisted of someone opening mail bags and picking out evelopes with the winners names.  They started to notice after a while that 50% of winners were from Cleveland and most of them worked at the local post office.   Workers in the local post office were putting their envelopes in the mail bags last so they would be the first out.  As far a the lottery was concerned taking evelopes from the top of the mail bags was fair and random.

What?

Dishonest Postal Employees?

I am shocked and appalled!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2014, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Yep, RDGRNR..

You're right... I was talking scratchers and I am sorry I didn't specify that.. certainly didn't mean to confuse anyone.  Thanks for your reponse.. had some good thoughts come back. 

LM

That's ok, LottoMomma, I'm easily confused.

For years I thought Taco Bell was the Mexican Phone Company.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

That's ok, LottoMomma, I'm easily confused.

For years I thought Taco Bell was the Mexican Phone Company.

ahceewawa    Green laugh 

You  crack  me  up    Ridge  ROFL

Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #100025
                  November 4, 2010
                  158 Posts
                  Posted: January 25, 2014, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

LOL  I like that!!!

LM