Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Many Folks Gave Up On Mega Millions Now That The Odds Are In The Stratosphere?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
Michigan
United States
Member #100025
November 4, 2010
158 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2014, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I just posted on the forum about PB but am curious how many people have dropped their play down from MM now that is in the strastophere odds wise?

I used to play $5 on it, no problem at a buck a ticket.. but now I feel you have to be struck by lightening like 10X over to get that jackpot.. so I only play $1 now or $2 if I want to play a set of my own numbers and an easy pic.. goodness 1-75.. whose gonna hit that..has anyone yet? 

I haven't been paying that much attention since it lost my attention?  Would be curious if you changed your method of play since this change?

LottoMomma

See Ya!

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
    The Quantum Master
    West Concord, MN
    United States
    Member #21
    December 7, 2001
    3675 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2014, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

We play it when the jackpot is high.

At $1.00 a pop, it's a game we can afford to lose.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
    Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
    Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
    Knowledge is Beyond Belief
    Wisdom is Not Censored
    Douglas Paul Smallish
    Jehocifer

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
      White Lake,Mi
      United States
      Member #1495
      May 12, 2003
      5546 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

I just posted on the forum about PB but am curious how many people have dropped their play down from MM now that is in the strastophere odds wise?

I used to play $5 on it, no problem at a buck a ticket.. but now I feel you have to be struck by lightening like 10X over to get that jackpot.. so I only play $1 now or $2 if I want to play a set of my own numbers and an easy pic.. goodness 1-75.. whose gonna hit that..has anyone yet? 

I haven't been paying that much attention since it lost my attention?  Would be curious if you changed your method of play since this change?

LottoMomma

See Ya!

I think alot of people reduced their wagers for the mega, as the odds soared. I also know alot who quit it all together, because of the odds and payout structure...

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

Maine
        United States
        Member #99
        January 27, 2002
        1013 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2014, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

We play it when the jackpot is high.

At $1.00 a pop, it's a game we can afford to lose.

I Agree!

If it wasn't impossible I wouldn't even consider it!

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2014, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

LOL it's real simple "You can't win if you don't play". The guy that purchases one ticket has the best odds to win than the guy who doesnt buy a ticket at all

The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

LOL it's real simple "You can't win if you don't play". The guy that purchases one ticket has the best odds to win than the guy who doesnt buy a ticket at all

$1.00 play jackpot odds 1 : 258,890,849

$0.00 play jackpot odds 1 : ∞

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

The Quantum Master
              West Concord, MN
              United States
              Member #21
              December 7, 2001
              3675 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

On an equal cost for cost basis, Mega Millions has the advantage.

A $2.00 play on Powerball the jackpot odds are 1 : 175,223,509

A $2.00 play on Mega Millions the jackpot odds are 1 : 129,445,424

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
              Douglas Paul Smallish
              Jehocifer

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

The way I look at it, I've never won a jackpot even when the odds were 10x better. 

I play the local lottery with odds of 1:14M which is 18x better but the odds of winning a dollar back are 1:25 and MM are 1:15 so I look at playing any lottery as entertainment, you got to be lucky to win a jackpot no matter which game you're playing

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                  United States
                  Member #44729
                  August 8, 2006
                  446 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

LottoMomma

See Ya!

the wife plays and dreams of that hit , myself i stick with 3 and 4 ...might not make millions but i do okay weekly

some day....some day

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2014, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't notice,  l just lay a few dollars on the counter, get my ticket  and walk away.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8362 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2014, 9:16 pm - IP Logged
                      I haven't given up but i don't spend as much as i used to. 

Until i see a new method to select my numbers i'll keep it low seems they never let the game progress to allow a fair if not
                      decent number pool to draw from every tjme they change the matrix of the game not enough data is available to work with. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1637 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2014, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

As the numbers increased, my contribution "below a $100 million" jackpot decreased. Patience  does have it's rewards.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2014, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I stopped playing it.

The lotteries are always a step ahead of the players, in this case for 5 + 0 with MM you have the shot at $2M, $3M, $4M, or $5M with the Megaplier, with PB the Powerplay is $2M at best.

Any jackpot game is basically a sucker bet but MM made theirs a sucker bet on steroids when the matrix went from 56 to 75 numbers.

To those playing it best of luck, but enough people playing it will only lead to an even bigger matrix eventually.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2014, 2:19 am - IP Logged
                            I haven't given up but i don't spend as much as i used to. 

Until i see a new method to select my numbers i'll keep it low seems they never let the game progress to allow a fair if not
                            decent number pool to draw from every tjme they change the matrix of the game not enough data is available to work with. 

I have seven years of data (1103 drawings) on my state 6/49 game Classic Lotto which has had the same matrix all those years and the best I've ever done is a 5of6 one time. 

I've had plenty of time, I just haven't come up with a way to repeat the one time I matched 5of6 or better, I must have gotten lucky that time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8362 Posts
                              Posted: February 9, 2014, 5:36 am - IP Logged

I have seven years of data (1103 drawings) on my state 6/49 game Classic Lotto which has had the same matrix all those years and the best I've ever done is a 5of6 one time. 

I've had plenty of time, I just haven't come up with a way to repeat the one time I matched 5of6 or better, I must have gotten lucky that time.

I remember you posting that. any win is a good win but with the new mega having started there isn't enough data recorded yet to put a real system into play unless you take the hot numbers and use the new mega ball number stats and use some of the most frequent numbers that hit or scramble for the numbers that haven't hit yet
                              Either way it's still a barn shot.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.