Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As a major JP winner : Are you prepared to move out of the USA, perhaps Canada or other?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Litebets27.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4105 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Or to build your abode high up in some Mountain State where you can see Salesmen and the like coming up your driveway to sell their snake Oil or worse!

Personally- This country has everything l need and then some.However- to each his own. What be your choice?

* Have a Great week People.

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
    Member #103786
    January 5, 2011
    486 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2014, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

No I would stay here but would definitely have a 2nd home somewhere else in the world

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3047 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2014, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I like my community so I would not move.  But I would surround myself with new things like car or suv, new computer, and as much new stuff as money can buy.-weshar75

US Flag

Inland Empire
        United States
        Member #118116
        October 22, 2011
        316 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2014, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

It's very tempting, honetly. And the current situations in the US makes me wonder if the whole nation will go into a major chaos. 

Um, no. Obama is just a figurehead serving his purpose. I've met a few liberals who don't like him because they fear that the whole thing is basically one giant sock puppet show. 

I love America, but moving to Canada might be very tempting. Yeah, life would be boring and they have bandwidth caps on the internet, but at least their government is not cooking up anything scary.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2014, 12:20 am - IP Logged

It's very tempting, honetly. And the current situations in the US makes me wonder if the whole nation will go into a major chaos. 

Um, no. Obama is just a figurehead serving his purpose. I've met a few liberals who don't like him because they fear that the whole thing is basically one giant sock puppet show. 

I love America, but moving to Canada might be very tempting. Yeah, life would be boring and they have bandwidth caps on the internet, but at least their government is not cooking up anything scary.

Canada is a beautiful country, but so is America- l will not do a trade. As for their bandwidth caps- its totally asinine, they are pretty close to 3rd world countries in that department.

As Americans, we have the " luxury" of voting out a administration after 4-8 years should they not meet the demands of the people.This too shall Pass.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2014, 6:10 am - IP Logged

Check it out good before you go up there.

The wimmins in Montreal have hairy legs.

Which I happen to find very disconcerting.

lynki516's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #150771
              December 30, 2013
              241 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2014, 6:29 am - IP Logged

I would move to the Caribbean- maybe St. Thomas, St.Kitts, or Hawaii. I don't like the cold weather.Dance Banana

Big Grin Angel

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2657 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2014, 6:37 am - IP Logged

I would move to the Caribbean- maybe St. Thomas, St.Kitts, or Hawaii. I don't like the cold weather.Dance Banana

would like to stay here in the states if possible ...... but I'd be putting together a back up plan

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  644 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2014, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Check it out good before you go up there.

The wimmins in Montreal have hairy legs.

Which I happen to find very disconcerting.

LOL so if the women got hairy legs it would be better to brave the chaos and stay here

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

LOL so if the women got hairy legs it would be better to brave the chaos and stay here

Don't nobody like no hairy legged wimmins, leastways I can tell.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2014, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Don't nobody like no hairy legged wimmins, leastways I can tell.

Amen Rdg.....appreciate them being as smooth as a glass of crown royal(or your respective beverage of choice)

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1637 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Gogi, good points all around.....Canada might be an option, but I may lean towards AK and live off the grid if things go bad. No need for the www in that part of the country and I won't have much interest. Going to have a spot with many acres and a trout stream in the mountains, doesn't matter if all is good or bad.

United States
                          Member #145267
                          August 1, 2013
                          1496 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2014, 11:36 am - IP Logged

You know, I'm a republican and I think we would not be where we are today if my party did not let the far right winggers speak for the republican party.  Stop listenning to Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Ted Nugent and stop alienating different races, women and gays.  These are votes that we can use in the near future. We can not continue to be the party of NO.  We have to change also.

Green Onion$'s avatar - Lottery-031.jpg

United States
                            Member #153098
                            March 6, 2014
                            151 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2014, 11:40 am - IP Logged

That goes for mustaches and beards as well...

East of Columbus, OH
                              United States
                              Member #120843
                              December 28, 2011
                              447 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2014, 11:56 am - IP Logged

No I would not move out of the country.  I would buy 40-50 acres of land and build a nice home with a bunker stocked with food, water, guns, and ammo.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool