Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How can I win a decent prize on PB or MM or State Game if I never get more than 1 or 2 numbers?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2014, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I've just been thinking that the entire time I've been playing PB and MM and even my local state game Mass Cash I have never gotten more than the Powerball or Megaball  number or have gotten 2 numbers on PB or MM but have won nothing. On Mass Cash the most I've gotten is 3 numbers out of 35 and have won 10 dollars. I do not do systems so really it's all just random for me. When I play PB and MM I'm playing in hopes of winning the 2nd prize or even the 3rd prize. I always spend the extra dollar to Powerplay or Play with the Megaplier to win more if I ever came in 2nd or 3rd place.  The majority of time I do QP's but when I actually spend time picking my own numbers I've done better. Tend to buy one ticket per game but not for everydraw. When the jackpot is very high might be 2 tickets for PB or MM. Guess I'm wondering if people who win the jackpot or 2nd place have been like myself and never won much playing draw games? I'm a realistic person and know that even if I play for another 25 years could still win nothing. Realize there are people who use systems but have to wonder how many have won big? It seems like people who tend to win the lottery don't mention they had a system, often times it might just have been a QP that won them the jackpot or 2nd place.  Many times will hear stories of someone who decided to buy some milk and bought a lottery ticket and won the jackpot and then there will be people who play their entire lives and win nothing. When they changed the matrix on MM and jumped it to 75 numbers it seemed they really wanted to make it impossible for people to even get 2nd place.  Thoughts?

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2014, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I've just been thinking that the entire time I've been playing PB and MM and even my local state game Mass Cash I have never gotten more than the Powerball or Megaball  number or have gotten 2 numbers on PB or MM but have won nothing. On Mass Cash the most I've gotten is 3 numbers out of 35 and have won 10 dollars. I do not do systems so really it's all just random for me. When I play PB and MM I'm playing in hopes of winning the 2nd prize or even the 3rd prize. I always spend the extra dollar to Powerplay or Play with the Megaplier to win more if I ever came in 2nd or 3rd place.  The majority of time I do QP's but when I actually spend time picking my own numbers I've done better. Tend to buy one ticket per game but not for everydraw. When the jackpot is very high might be 2 tickets for PB or MM. Guess I'm wondering if people who win the jackpot or 2nd place have been like myself and never won much playing draw games? I'm a realistic person and know that even if I play for another 25 years could still win nothing. Realize there are people who use systems but have to wonder how many have won big? It seems like people who tend to win the lottery don't mention they had a system, often times it might just have been a QP that won them the jackpot or 2nd place.  Many times will hear stories of someone who decided to buy some milk and bought a lottery ticket and won the jackpot and then there will be people who play their entire lives and win nothing. When they changed the matrix on MM and jumped it to 75 numbers it seemed they really wanted to make it impossible for people to even get 2nd place.  Thoughts?

LOL you're doing better than me, I havent won anything period in the last four of each. It's not gonna stop me from playing though I just keep my losses to a minimum by buying just one or two tickets for each drawing no matter what the jackpost is. This last drawing for Mega millions I was behind a guy who bought 50 megapliers, now he lost maybe a hundred bucks but I only lost 4 bucks

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2014, 9:01 am - IP Logged

LOL you're doing better than me, I havent won anything period in the last four of each. It's not gonna stop me from playing though I just keep my losses to a minimum by buying just one or two tickets for each drawing no matter what the jackpost is. This last drawing for Mega millions I was behind a guy who bought 50 megapliers, now he lost maybe a hundred bucks but I only lost 4 bucks

Hi Shelby Mustang,

We seem to be on the same page when it comes to wanting to keep our losses to a minimum. I couldn't imagine being that guy you mentioned who bought 50 megapliers, playing like that is too rich for my blood.

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        Romulus,MI
        United States
        Member #142372
        May 10, 2013
        2343 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2014, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Feel your pain shyguitar! There are some things you must do to up your chances of winning more. Play more tickets and pick your own numbers everytime! Also do your research. Study the stats on USA MEGA. Pick the numbers that fall frequently. Read all the lotto books you can get your hands on like Lottery Master Guide by Gail Howard. Click on Lottery Book Store on this site. There tons of books to read and research! Do Affrimations,write down that you are a big jackpot winner! It has help me win 41 times since last year. I havent won a huge jackpot yet but I wouldnt have won that much just by playing QPs.

United States
          Member #152758
          February 24, 2014
          327 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2014, 10:27 am - IP Logged

its  a  waste  of   money,   play   1  ticket,,   and  stick  to  pick   3

United States
            Member #122468
            February 1, 2012
            530 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2014, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Feel your pain shyguitar! There are some things you must do to up your chances of winning more. Play more tickets and pick your own numbers everytime! Also do your research. Study the stats on USA MEGA. Pick the numbers that fall frequently. Read all the lotto books you can get your hands on like Lottery Master Guide by Gail Howard. Click on Lottery Book Store on this site. There tons of books to read and research! Do Affrimations,write down that you are a big jackpot winner! It has help me win 41 times since last year. I havent won a huge jackpot yet but I wouldnt have won that much just by playing QPs.

Hi Rman313,

Thanks for your response. In terms of the playing more tickets the few times I bought 5 tickets at once I got all 5 numbers but not on one line so won nothing, though that was when I picked my own numbers. I did read about Gail Howard on a website somewhere but do not have her lottery books or any lottery books for that matter. One of the problems I find with lottery books is that many of them seem to be very short and not sure how much useful info there really is. I try to tell myself to think positive thoughts as I play. When I have played my own numbers I do study which ones come up more frequently as you say. Wow you won 41 times last year that's way more than I've ever won the years I've been playing, lol.  Good luck to you!

United States
              Member #122468
              February 1, 2012
              530 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2014, 10:58 am - IP Logged

its  a  waste  of   money,   play   1  ticket,,   and  stick  to  pick   3

Hi bluerain,

I understand about your playing 1 ticket.  I've never played pick 3 or pick 4.

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                Romulus,MI
                United States
                Member #142372
                May 10, 2013
                2343 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2014, 11:31 am - IP Logged

No actually it was 41 times up till 3/11/14. Good luck to you also!! :0)

United States
                  Member #34931
                  March 9, 2006
                  98 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2014, 11:54 am - IP Logged

"I'm a realistic person and know that even if I play for another 25 years could still win nothing."

Then why do your queries reflect "expectations" . . that some system will enhance your odds?  You are in denial!  Accept the "realistic" odds and play conservatively . . for fantasy entertainment only.

United States
                    Member #145267
                    August 1, 2013
                    1519 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2014, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Shyguitar, it took me 17 years of playing the lottery to realize that the deck is stacked against me when playing the lottery.  They say that the odds are ???????????????????????? this many when in reality the odds are twice or more when you add in the ton of duplicate ticket that are sold.  I waited until 9:00pm yesterday to buy 2 powerball tickets, 1 regular powerball ticket and the other a powerplay ticket.  Got to the car and noticed that the powerball number was 33 on both tickets.  So, I went back in to buy another ticket, and guess what?  The third ticket had 33 for the powerball number also.  So, if you are going to play, I think you should play your own numbers, 1 or 2 quick picks and may-be some chasing number sets.  (chasing - number sets that change for every drawing.

Somehow, the lottery drawings are looking for the least played number sets = 1 or 2 winning tickets always.

United States
                      Member #122468
                      February 1, 2012
                      530 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2014, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Shyguitar, it took me 17 years of playing the lottery to realize that the deck is stacked against me when playing the lottery.  They say that the odds are ???????????????????????? this many when in reality the odds are twice or more when you add in the ton of duplicate ticket that are sold.  I waited until 9:00pm yesterday to buy 2 powerball tickets, 1 regular powerball ticket and the other a powerplay ticket.  Got to the car and noticed that the powerball number was 33 on both tickets.  So, I went back in to buy another ticket, and guess what?  The third ticket had 33 for the powerball number also.  So, if you are going to play, I think you should play your own numbers, 1 or 2 quick picks and may-be some chasing number sets.  (chasing - number sets that change for every drawing.

Somehow, the lottery drawings are looking for the least played number sets = 1 or 2 winning tickets always.

Hi bigbear29,

I agree with you about the deck stacked against us. Sorry to hear your experience with the duplicate tickets getting the powerball number 33 on the first 2 you bought with QP's then on your 3rd as well. That's nuts. It happened to me with MM last week I bought 2 QP's MM tickets with Multiplier and both had the same # 14 as the Multiplier number. This has happened more than once with getting the same numbers on QP tickets. It makes me wonder why isn't it more random? Agree that picking your own numbers might be the way to go (at least it would assure a person that the same numbers wouldn't show up when you buy more than 1 ticket with QP).

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40496 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2014, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Play a different game for awhile.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                          Member #122468
                          February 1, 2012
                          530 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Play a different game for awhile.

Hi sully16,

Good point you make. The reason I play PB, MM is the fact that 2nd place has a great prize. I know the odds on coming in 2nd are still horrible but I'm just hoping that one day before I die will hit something decent., lol.  I've played scratch tickets also (always check what large prizes are left and odds of winning on my states website). The problem with scratch tickets when you have the top prize of 1 million dollars on a 5 dollar scratch ticket and only 6 top prizes and they print out a run of over 25 milion tickets the chance of being at the right place at the right time makes it near impossible.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5600 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2014, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

bigbear....

Do you really think they look at the thousands of tics sold all over the country just before the draw, then manipulate the ball machine to draw the least sold combos?

Stop and think about what you just said.

As far as the PB number33, I would have been very happy with a QP with that PB number as it's one of the most frequently drawn numbers. In fact I play it every draw.

Always 1 or 2 winning tics because they rarely sell all 175 million combos for a draw. Just a smidgen common sense.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1519 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2014, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Why would I be happy because a machine gave me the number 33 as the powerball on all 3 tickets????

I'm not one of those people that think the lottery is your best friend and they can do no wrong.