Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How can I win a decent prize on PB or MM or State Game if I never get more than 1 or 2 numbers?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by maringoman.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1092 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2014, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm in the same predicament as you. I generally play when the jackpot exceeds $100 million and rarely get more than 1 or 2 numbers myself. It's one of those things in which that streak continues until one day all your numbers hit. I have read many stories about past winners that won dismal amounts until their big pay day...a great deal of luck and patience is key.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40513 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2014, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi sully16,

Good point you make. The reason I play PB, MM is the fact that 2nd place has a great prize. I know the odds on coming in 2nd are still horrible but I'm just hoping that one day before I die will hit something decent., lol.  I've played scratch tickets also (always check what large prizes are left and odds of winning on my states website). The problem with scratch tickets when you have the top prize of 1 million dollars on a 5 dollar scratch ticket and only 6 top prizes and they print out a run of over 25 milion tickets the chance of being at the right place at the right time makes it near impossible.

Sometimes, it's when you least expect it, walk away for awhile and rest, I take lottery breaks all the time, after awhile you get number overload and can't put 2  good numbers together, what ever you decide to do, I wish you all the best.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2014, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes, it's when you least expect it, walk away for awhile and rest, I take lottery breaks all the time, after awhile you get number overload and can't put 2  good numbers together, what ever you decide to do, I wish you all the best.

I agree or sometimes I just buy a quick pick. That way I don't have to think about what numbers to play.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5606 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Why would I be happy because a machine gave me the number 33 as the powerball on all 3 tickets????

I'm not one of those people that think the lottery is your best friend and they can do no wrong.

Well, I reread my post and found that I didn't say anything about the lottery being my best friend. Didn't say they can do no wrong either.

I'm just stating common sense facts. They can't scour thousands of tickets sold and make a ball machine draw the least sold set. Now, if the winning numbers were computer generated, I would be wary. But even then, it would be pretty hard for them to scour tickets from all the states that sell them.

The tickets you bought were generated from a stand alone rng that is not connected to any computers located where the PB numbers are drawn. You happened to buy 3 tics with the same PB number. Kinda rare, but, it is a QP.

In the end, I realize what the odds are and I just don't get too worked up about losing. That's why I play one, sometimes two lines, and that's it. I play to be in the game. And I play all the jackpot games that way.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2014, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

This is my strategy Shyguitar

1. I get 1 ticket per drawing. Advanced play tickets help me avoid impulse purchases of tickets and stick to budget.

2. I always add the MegaPlier and PowerPlay. Turn this Bang Head and  Sad Cheers to this Cheers and Green laugh

3. There are games I will not play just like there are things I don't do. 

Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever