Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I played CA lottery online with one of the online websites, need input.

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by river26.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
boston,ma
United States
Member #150102
December 15, 2013
112 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

I recently played the California super lotto online with one of the online website subscription services, I won't say the name because i don't know if I can, but something doesn't sound right. I purchased 2 lines on 03/16/14 for 26 draws. It appears everything went through ok, I got my order number and waited for a scanned copy of my tickets to be sent. They finally came about an hour before the draw, and up in the top right corner you could see my name. The first thing that stuck out was why were my tickets only for one draw? I know that california has advance draw so why didn't the player check advance play for 20 draws? So i'm assuming they're going to do a single draw everytime? I signed up for 26 draws so why not click advance play for all the draws right there and be done with it? The second thing that is perplexing me is that my account hasn't been charged and there is nothing pending. Why is this strange to me? Because let's just say that my ticket just happened to win the jackpot, I go to collect. But someone else signs the back of the ticket and goes to collect for themselves. I complain and  try to go through legal means and sue. the company says in court, "We never charged him for the ticket. Yes, we approved his order and sent him a ticket in the email with his name on it, but we used our money not his. He was never charged." I sent them an email questioning why my account hasn't been charged since their live chat is off. How does this sound to you? Am I being paranoid or is this normal procedure? If I'm allowed to say the name I will, I don't want to get banned.

basilio's avatar - tools

United States
    Member #145207
    July 31, 2013
    94 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

here is a snippet from CA lottery website (Contact Us FAQs) page

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1092 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't trust ANY online lottery site. Too many issues would surface if that site were to hold your winning jackpot ticket. Having a ticket I purchased in my possession is my only option.

Good luck to the OP on getting this mess straighten out.

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
        Member #153629
        March 20, 2014
        128 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

There are many sites out there, I'm only using the ones that have been around for many years, they wouldnt stay alive as sites if they scammed people.

The one I use most of the time also scans your ticket, they don't print my name though on the ticket. If I buy a multidraw they also buy a ticket one at a time, I believe it's easier to them to administer the tickets. If they buy multidraws for a lot of people they have to keep register of what draw is the first, second etc for all the tickets sold.

I still react on your saying that they don't debit your card until after the draw, that make me suspiscious. Hope it goes ok and watch out for any auto automatic renewal. Many sites use this feature, you might have tour self another 26 week draw if you don't read the fine print.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1092 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

These sites don't have a problem with prize money because no one has ever won a major jackpot yet.

boston,ma
            United States
            Member #150102
            December 15, 2013
            112 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. The site I used had good reviews and I wanted to give it a shot but not charging my account doesn't sit righ with me. Charge my account and take my money so I can say my money was used, but since my account hasn't been charged and there is nothing even pending with my bank, it seems real fishy to me. Yes, there is an automatic renewal but if i felt comfortable with the company I would have no problem doing this because i always play the same numbers. But unless i hear from them and i like their answer I will be sending them an email to cancel the renewal.

California
              United States
              Member #141204
              April 7, 2013
              280 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I think I know the online ticket service you're talking about but I won't say the name because I don't think it is allowed.

I'm from California and our state lottery did not sell Powerball tickets up until about a year ago. I used this online ticket service to play Powerball before our state lottery sold them here. When they sent me a scan of my ticket it looked fake like a bad Photoshop job. Also the time stamp on the ticket did not match the time they told me they purchased my ticket. I personally think they never bought the ticket and pocketed the money. The numbers I played for that drawing did not come up so there was no harm done but I will never do business with them. That is my experience, take it for what it is worth.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they dont have multi draw?   Per the play slip,

You can play 0 game advance in newyork.  pick6

You can play 26 game advance in new york. pick5+1

You can play 8 game advance in new york. pick 6

You can play 7 game advance in new york. pick 5

You can play 14 game advance in new york pick 3

All different games, all differing lengths.  Go figure.Blue Thinking

Sweden
                  Member #153629
                  March 20, 2014
                  128 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2014, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

These sites don't have a problem with prize money because no one has ever won a major jackpot yet.

Hi.
                  I say the opposite. I did my research a lot, even contacted FLA lottery asking about a second prize winner the concierge service claim won this prize using their site. The site says this player, mentioned only by his/her initials, went from UK to collected his/hers prize.

The first answer from officials at FLA asklott read this:

"Thank you for writing the Florida Lottery. In response to your email, the Florida Lottery would not be in a position to classify any website other than the Florida Lottery’s official website, (link removed) as “legal” or “legitimate”. Furthermore, these websites are not affiliated with the Florida Lottery. To purchase tickets in this manner is done at your own risk. Under Florida Law, the Florida Lottery is authorized to sell lottery tickets only in the state of Florida, and it is a violation of Florida Law for a person to sell Florida Lottery tickets who is not authorized by the Florida Lottery to do so. Florida Law also prohibits the Florida Lottery from paying a prize on a ticket that was bought or sold in violation of the law. Therefore, the Florida Lottery cannot knowingly pay a prize on a ticket purchased from someone not authorized to sell lottery tickets.

Please note: Florida Lottery tickets may only be purchased from any of the more than 13,000 authorized Florida Lottery retailers located in the state of Florida. The Florida Lottery does not offer the sale of Lottery tickets by mail, fax or via the Internet, nor do we currently offer a subscription service.

If you should have additional questions, please write back or contact the Customer Service office at (850) 487-7787 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and a representative will gladly assist you."

However, when I contacted them again about the specific winner, remember that winner are not anonymous in Florida, I got this second answer:

"Thank you again for writing the Florida Lottery. In response to your email, the (date and draw removed), winning POWERBALL® ticket was paid to --------- of Middlesex, UN. The ticket was purchased in Davie, FL. Please note, anyone 18 years of age and older can play and win with the Florida Lottery, regardless of age, citizenship, race or financial status."

The winners name matched the initials perfect. This single response made me continue use this service.

boston,ma
                    United States
                    Member #150102
                    December 15, 2013
                    112 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2014, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they dont have multi draw?   Per the play slip,

You can play 0 game advance in newyork.  pick6

You can play 26 game advance in new york. pick5+1

You can play 8 game advance in new york. pick 6

You can play 7 game advance in new york. pick 5

You can play 14 game advance in new york pick 3

All different games, all differing lengths.  Go figure.Blue Thinking

Hello,

I checked, the slips in california allow for multi-draws.

Pasadena, CA
                      United States
                      Member #153326
                      March 13, 2014
                      186 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2014, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I'm with Drenick on this one. Go to a certified retailer and buy your tickets there and keep them in your possession. Any online site that offers this is questionable. On the other hand, it's a shame that California doesn't have a $0.50 per play option. That would certainly draw a lot more players, but as a pari-mutuel state, I can't imagine the prizes being too big.

Sweden
                        Member #153629
                        March 20, 2014
                        128 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I can't see any other reason to play using these services than if you live in a state or country that don't offer these lottery. Unless you are really lazy or can't make it to the store your self for any reason.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8362 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2014, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

I recently played the California super lotto online with one of the online website subscription services, I won't say the name because i don't know if I can, but something doesn't sound right. I purchased 2 lines on 03/16/14 for 26 draws. It appears everything went through ok, I got my order number and waited for a scanned copy of my tickets to be sent. They finally came about an hour before the draw, and up in the top right corner you could see my name. The first thing that stuck out was why were my tickets only for one draw? I know that california has advance draw so why didn't the player check advance play for 20 draws? So i'm assuming they're going to do a single draw everytime? I signed up for 26 draws so why not click advance play for all the draws right there and be done with it? The second thing that is perplexing me is that my account hasn't been charged and there is nothing pending. Why is this strange to me? Because let's just say that my ticket just happened to win the jackpot, I go to collect. But someone else signs the back of the ticket and goes to collect for themselves. I complain and  try to go through legal means and sue. the company says in court, "We never charged him for the ticket. Yes, we approved his order and sent him a ticket in the email with his name on it, but we used our money not his. He was never charged." I sent them an email questioning why my account hasn't been charged since their live chat is off. How does this sound to you? Am I being paranoid or is this normal procedure? If I'm allowed to say the name I will, I don't want to get banned.

how did you pay for the tickets.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            boston,ma
                            United States
                            Member #150102
                            December 15, 2013
                            112 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

how did you pay for the tickets.

I used the pay by check method.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2014, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I used the pay by check method.

Maybe this is the delay.  How is it different from using a debit card?  Do you enter your routing and account number instead of your debit Visa/MC number? But either way, it should have hit your account by now though.