Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did NH Lottery lose money in the last MM drawing?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RedStang.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

It isn't a matter of modesty, Steve Player is in the business of selling lottery systems and uses his wins to demostrate that his systems win.  He just neglects to mention that any system that covers a lot of combinations is going win something.

If I had the convincing power of Steve Player I would be selling systems too. The most money is made selling lottery tickets to the hopeful and then followed by selling systems to assist the over ambitious win. Winning the lottery has the least money and is the least guaranteed.

That money's gone fo ever

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2014, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't feel too sorry for 'em. Wink

The state has to take care of 2nd thru 9th prizes. Sure, they'll have to pull it out of the reserve fund. But did they actually lose money? Have to check out all the times they didn't have to pay out any 5+0 prizes over the years and add all up all that extra money sitting there.

But yeah, that $5M might've hurt 'em a bit. If you look at it like the base $1M 5+0 prize is funded by MM sales, and the $4M additional Megaplier prize is funded by Megaplier sales. The NH Megaplier sales were only $8,599 for that draw. So that $4M payout is several years worth eaten up in one draw!

I always thought the State got their share of the ticket sales and the MUSL repaid them for any prizes. Almost like a subcontractor.